I just got engaged!

• Author
I vote vineyard. :laugh:

I know you said you'd probably prefer RRV, but what about the Carneros region? Like Domaine Carneros? http://www.domainecarneros.com//index.cfm

:bunny:

(I don't think they do weddings at DC though, but the region has tons of places...?)

This place I really dislike :p:laugh: But I loooove the other suggestion you sent me. And yes, credit would be given :D

Me thinks the best thing to do now, is to sit down with your fiance :bunny: and make a list of the must-have guests, to determine the number/size of your wedding. From there, you can venue-shop. :)

You and your bolding/underlining. Of course I will talk to him about it some more. Most of what I was/am unsure about is which family members are flying in from Europe. Once that's sorted we will start with the numbers :)

This place I really dislike :p:laugh: But I loooove the other suggestion you sent me. And yes, credit would be given :D

You don't like DC? :eek::laugh:

I think the other option would be perfect too. :)

You and your bolding/underlining. Of course I will talk to him about it some more. Most of what I was/am unsure about is which family members are flying in from Europe. Once that's sorted we will start with the numbers :)

I only meant fiance as in, "He's no longer your boyfriend, he's your fiance!! YAY!" :bunny::p

Trialbyfire
I totally understand that a long engagement is right in many situations, like yours. Makes complete sense. On the other hand, my SO and I don't have a need for it, aside from having to wait for the right venue, if that ends up being an issue.
Oh totally, there`s just no reason to wait for an extended length of time for the two of you! Elope! :laugh:

We do share similar ideas on what we want and don't want. We're basically all about something fun, classy, quality, yes small :) I just don;t know the details. How does one decide? I do think it will be either a destination wedding or something at a nice vineyard.
Another vote for a nice vineyard instead of a destination wedding, as long as bugs and weather cooperate!

Most destination weddings get quite expensive, for either-both the couple or the guests, no matter how small an affair you make it!

• Author
You don't like DC? :eek::laugh:

I think the other option would be perfect too. :)

Nah, I didn't like DC, doesn't feel right for us. Plus, I don't like the people they used on their website :lmao::laugh: The other place seems more us, and prettier :love:

I only meant fiance as in, "He's no longer your boyfriend, he's your fiance!! YAY!" :bunny::p

I know, but you're still funny with your bolding and underlining :laugh: I actually keep calling him my bf, I'm not in the habit of saying fiance yet.

I don't watch Seinfeld so I don't get that at all...

There's nothing really to get. It's just Elaine f**king with that other woman for saying "fiancee" so much, and how she says it.

:D

• Author

How am I supposed to get a clear shot of the ring? How did TBF do this? Am I just a sh*tty photographer? :laugh:

Trialbyfire

:laugh: It's not easy.

I took my pics in natural light, on my balcony, on a cloudy day. Avoid using your flash because of the facets in your diamond(s).

• Author
:laugh: It's not easy.

I took my pics in natural light, on my balcony, on a cloudy day. Avoid using your flash because of the facets in your diamond(s).

I've been working on it all morning :laugh::laugh: When I turned off the flash it was very blurry as well. I went outside but that didn't work, I think because it's super sunny out.

Posting a link to a similar ring just isn't the same, I want to show off MY ring! :love:

Trialbyfire
I've been working on it all morning :laugh::laugh: When I turned off the flash it was very blurry as well. I went outside but that didn't work, I think because it's super sunny out.

Posting a link to a similar ring just isn't the same, I want to show off MY ring! :love:

Well, my pics sucked too, since they weren't that clear. I love photography but had real probs with the ring.

If you're using a point and shoot, you probably have some kind of macro setting. That's what you need for close ups.

If you're using a digi SLR, your lens will define how close you can get.

Haha...know what you mean! :laugh:

• Author

TBF, I'm not understanding all this fancy camera talk. I'm using a small, cute, white digital camera :laugh:

I just realized something, we've got 4 LS weddings in planning! :bunny::bunny:

I think SG might join us by the end of the year! ;):bunny:

Trialbyfire

Too funny allina! :laugh:

Okay, post make and model of your camera and I'll see if I can find something on it!

I think there's more in the LDR section!

I'm just waiting for the thread so I agree with you about SG! :)

• Author

My camera is a Casio Exilim, I don't see a model number :laugh: I will be at my parent's today, my father has a very nice, professional camera. I think I'll have him do a little photo session with the ring :bunny:

Also, I have questions. They're mostly for fun, and because I like hearing about how people did things :)

Who did you take dress shopping and what sort of place did you get the dress from? I think I will invite my mom and my fiance's mom to go dress shopping with me. They like each other and I think it would be nice to include both.

Did you go on your honey mood right after the wedding? Where did you go?

I just realized something, we've got 4 LS weddings in planning! :bunny::bunny:

I think SG might join us by the end of the year! ;):bunny:

Eeeeek! Don't jinx me!!! :laugh:

I want to see the ring, darnit! Can you post a link, for now? :)

Also, I have questions. They're mostly for fun, and because I like hearing about how people did things :)

Who did you take dress shopping and what sort of place did you get the dress from? I think I will invite my mom and my fiance's mom to go dress shopping with me. They like each other and I think it would be nice to include both.

My friends have all gone to local popular bridal boutiques (biggest selection), usually with their mothers, sisters, maids of honor and bridesmaids....like an entourage, literally! I've never seen a future mother-in-law there (more so out of distance), but I think that she would love the invitation. :) It helps to grab some magazines and look for "looks" you like, so that when you go looking, you can show the dress consultant the sort of dresses/styles/designers you like. At first blush, me thinks you're really going to like the line by Pronovias. But once you have a good idea, you can hit up trunk shows of your favorite designers. SF has a ton.

As for honeymoons, BF and I were talking about this last night (in relation to his brother's plans for his), and he said people rarely go on their honeymoons immediately after the wedding, but everyone I know has literally taken off for their honeymoon the day or two after the wedding. I suppose whether you go right afterward or later depends on where you want to go, how much time you have, etc. Bali and Tahiti tend to be common locations for people on the west coast.

• Author
Eeeeek! Don't jinx me!!! :laugh:

I want to see the ring, darnit! Can you post a link, for now? :)

:laugh: Sorry, I'll be waiting quietly :laugh:

Here is a link to a ring similar to mine http://www.brilliantearth.com/rings/cyorings/purchase_review?first=setting&did=9826&sid=420. It's the setting I have and I chose an emerald cut diamond same in size to mine. Obviously all rings are different but this is similar enough to get the idea :)

:laugh: Sorry, I'll be waiting quietly :laugh:

Here is a link to a ring similar to mine http://www.brilliantearth.com/rings/cyorings/purchase_review?first=setting&did=9826&sid=420. It's the setting I have and I chose an emerald cut diamond same in size to mine. Obviously all rings are different but this is similar enough to get the idea :)

That's a gorgeous ring! It kinda looks like a Tiffany Novo (my fave), but with a different shaped diamond. I love it!!! :bunny::)

Trialbyfire

Your ring is gorgeous allina! I can't wait to see what it looks like on your hand. Your Dad or someone else can take the pics, which will help with the blurry effect, since it's really awkward to take a pic one-handed. :)

First marriage:

Dress shopping: I went through bridal mags to pick the dress, then had a seamstress make the dress in the materials and changes, I wanted.

Honeymoon: We went to Hawaii, the day after the wedding, which was one of our fave places to go.

Upcoming marriage: I found my dress on the Internet and will be having the same seamstress from my first wedding, tailor it. There will be changes made to the dress, since I don't like a part of it and the colour will be different.

Honeymoon: We're still discussing it and are at a stalemate. He wants to go somewhere far, far away. I hate extended travel. We'll see where we end up compromising, although if he's set on somewhere, I'll probably roll over, since travelling will only be for a couple of days.

I think your idea with the moms is a nice way to get things rolling. Brunch, lunch or dinner, would be a great way to extend the time.

• Author
That's a gorgeous ring! It kinda looks like a Tiffany Novo (my fave), but with a different shaped diamond. I love it!!! :bunny::)

Yes, it's that same style, except instead of a princess cut it's emerald. I am absolutely in love with it. I'm also thrilled about the place it came from, it's a wonderful business. Not only are they conflict free diamonds, they also donate to countries devastated by the diamond trade.

Yes, it's that same style, except instead of a princess cut it's emerald. I am absolutely in love with it. I'm also thrilled about the place it came from, it's a wonderful business. Not only are they conflict free diamonds, they also donate to countries devastated by the diamond trade.

The novo is actually a cushion cut - kinda in between princess and round. I actually want round, but with four prongs so it looks somewhat square. Hahahaa.... here I am, saying what ring I want, when we're nowhere near engagement! :lmao:

Is the link you posted from the company where your ring came from? I like the idea of conflict-free diamonds, and would love that extra contribution to those countries.

Gorgeous ring Allina! Emerald cut is my favorite I must say. (Mine's marquis.) Anywho to answer some of your questions....picked my own gown by myself. Knew it was the ONE the second I saw it.

Honeymoon: Married on a Sat. and left on Mond am for Paris. Stayed a few days then on to Normandy (rented a car.) Stayed in Honfleur, Dieppe..went to the American Cemetery, St. Mere Eglise. Went to Belgium from there. Loved Brugges...then on to Amsterdam where we stayed at this hotel that is a floating hotel called the Botel...so cool. Then back to Paris or a day or so and flew home.

Hi Allina- I LOVE your ring.

I love the Tiffany Novo too SG. Mine is similar, but diamond is round cut rather than cushion and has the classic tiffany 6-prong setting.

Allina- I went dress shopping on my own the first time, as I am quite a private shopper and wanted to get a feel for a few things first. Found the dress I loved, googled it and found someone selling it through ebay, so took MIL with me to view it before we bought it.

Honeymoon: WB and I went BEFORE our wedding. Cheeky huh!

We were moving from the UK back to NZ so we decided to do some travelling on the way and spent a month in Africa which was awesome. The last week was in Zanzibar and we splashed out on a nice hotel at a beautiful beach, so that was nice.

Lauriebell82

Yes, def. bring people with you. If my fiance's mother lived in the area I would certainly bring her. The last time we went to his hometown I brought all my bridal catalogues and we looked through them. She was so excited! I'm looking at a local bridal shop, Alfred Angelo. I took my mom and the MOH (my sister). It was nice to get others opinions, however my mom got a tad pushy about the whole thing.

Can't answer that quite yet, but we plan on going like a day after or something. That will give us time to rest and all. We were thinking Hawaii, however a lot of the packages are fairly pricey. We def. want somewhere "beachy."