Friend Dating a Racist!

Quirkalicious

I had almost the exact same scenario with a roommate.

Turned out she was a closet racist and all my attempts to talk to her about the issue did, was to get her to come out and admit it.

Whether you are scarred or not is of little concern to me. But calling a black child a monkey by anyone isn't something I want my children to learn from anyone.

why? is there a connection?

bentnotbroken
I had almost the exact same scenario with a roommate.

Turned out she was a closet racist and all my attempts to talk to her about the issue did, was to get her to come out and admit it.

Unfortunately, there are many people that way. White, Black, Asian, Native American, Hispanic descent, Middle Eastern descent. It is easier to believe the stereotypes than to educate one's self by exploring, investing and exposure to others who are different in culture and race than ourselves. I only pray that my grandchildren will have less issues than the children do now.

why? is there a connection?

Oh...sorry, it was explained already, didnt see that.

You Racist! :mad:

I asked, therefore I am? lol...

Civ0116 I think is prejudiced against Asians(particularly, Asian women). I remember reading some posts of his here on LS.

I am of Japanese descent. I am perplexed why many people like to tattoo Japanese/Chinese characters on themselves. I mean what's wrong with the English counterparts? then there are singers who make videos where they are wearing kimonos and samurai...R Kelly, Madonna, Gwen Stefani...what's up with that? they do not even have an understanding on the why and/or who gets to wear what kind of kimono in the culture.

And my favorite: Using chopsticks to hold the hair up! Jesus H. Christ....I swear, one day I am going to work with a spoon or fork on my head! :lmao:! not!

Standard, are you daff? Traditionally, the terms coon, porch monkey, darkie, spade, and n*g*er have all been terms used to describe black people, especially in the south. Those terms are unacceptable and inexcusable.

Darkie is unacceptable? I didnt know that. My cousin is a little dark for a Japanese and his nickname is Darkie.

I guess, that makes sense...since Whitey is also unacceptable...or is it?

I guess, I can be called Yellowy? I prefer "goldie"....;)

bentnotbroken
Are you a racist who is unaware that you're racist or simply in denial?

What are you babbling about now? How am I a racist? Explain, oh brilliant one.

For starters, first one of your friends is "half Caribbean and half West Indian" and that makes them somehow Spanish? I'm pretty sure my Spanish brother-in-law would be shocked to discover he's from the Caribbean, he's always been told by his dad they were from Spain.

First of all Spanish is the language. The people are called Spaniards. Second, many, if not most, people on those islands (Puerto Rico, Cuba and to some extent Dominican Republic) CAN trace their bloodline from people from Spain. So by blood, they DO have a claim to that heritage.

However, you are right, many Spaniards get insulted if you refer to them as Latinos or Hispanics. Why? cuz they are racist..LOL!!!!!!

So the guy was really telling Puerto Rican jokes, or your friends are just trying to figure out some reason to dislike this new guy? I know a joke; Did you ever hear the one about the dumbasses that didn't know the difference between Spain and Puerto Rico?

Racist! :mad:

I think chopsticks through the hair is sexy. Forks and spoon, not so much.

I thought you're Chinese with a Chan last name. Then again, ya'll sound and look the same. :eek::D

LOL!!!!! since you think spoon and fork holding the hair is not so much sexy, then I won't use them;).

er....hehe...Chan as in....tami-san...but I was going for the cute factor(damn I failed)...."chan" is use for little girls. We use "san" as a form of respect.

LOL...I guess, to the "unlearned and un-travelled" we could look and sound the same...<shrug> what are you going to do....nothing wrong with that-it is what it is.

Creek, did you grow up poor and went to a non-blue ribbon school? Just asking.....:p

You're racist! You think you're better than the Chinese, Korean, Cambodians, etc.

HUH? I don't think that....I KNOW that...what are you talking about? :lmao::lmao::lmao:!

You KNOW that Japanese are better than Korean, Cambodian, Chinese, etc.? And you said you're not racist?

Did I say that? HUH? :p:p:p!

You're got a problem with that, spoiled brat.

Yes...cuz it makes me feel sad...:rolleyes:

Civ0116 I think is prejudiced against Asians(particularly, Asian women). I remember reading some posts of his here on LS.

Yup, if things continue as they are I'll be married to one and I can torture her full time pretty soon. That'll show her. Little stubby wench. Cute ass though.

Yup, if things continue as they are I'll be married to one and I can torture her full time pretty soon. That'll show her. Little stubby wench. Cute ass though.

LOL!!! I am sure you will...:p