How exactly does gay marriage negatively affect traditional marriage?

burning 4 revenge
What are you talking about "empty inside?" who are you even talking about anymore? Are you talking about the gay club kid drifting through his life and doing poppers in the bathroom stall, turning tricks to stay afloat? Sure that poor kid I am sure feels lost and empty, but I can give you just as many hetero examples of that who are doing the exact same thing.

I know many gay couples leading professional lives, with immaculate beautiful homes, doing charity work on the side and leading very fulfilling lives surrounded by family and friends and there is nothing "empty" about what they have made of themselves or their lives.

Empty people lead empty lives because they choose that, it is not due to sexual orientation.

I will give Boxing's post this though, and I have discussed this with gay friends, why it is that Gay Pride parades do seem to focus so much on the sexual orientation or fetish of each gay person? When the day should be about celebrating being out and integrated in the community, not to display in an almost cartoon like manner what their sexual preferences within the gay world are. As if focusing on the sexual exclusively was the only aspect to these men? Surely people are not so one dimensional that they would exclusively identify themselves by their sexual preference and that's it? Maybe men are? :laugh: (?)

I dare say much of the same might happen in the hetero world if we left men up to their own devices and women were all open to it and we had a hetero parade. I do tend to believe it is more a male thing than a "people" thing. Men do identify with sex a lot more.

A man will build a relationship around his sexual preferences and accommodate all the other aspects of a relationship provided the sexual meshes, where as women will forsake some of their sexual desires if the emotional is stronger. Being a gay male in many ways celebrates a lot of the tendencies that straight men need to curve in order to co-exists with women, because women are less receptive to their promiscuous ways but I think that if straight men could get away with it with women, they would be even more "free" in this respect. JMO. ;)

By empty I meant lonley, not useless
aturally' date=' it goes without saying that mothers and fathers play identical roles in the upbringing of children.[/quote']

Good point. It really isn't right that the term "mother" is restricted to women. What's up with that? Why do you have to be female to be called a mother? That's so confining. What about all the men who want to be mothers? And all the women who want to be fathers?

No, it's not true that gay marriages aren't yet legalized - gay marriages are PROHIBITED.

I'm not sure that's Universally true in the USA. How do you figure it's true?

burning 4 revenge
I'm not sure that gay conception has been "prohibited" - it's just that it's truly a rare and special event. Incredibly rare.

I don't think powdered water has been "prohibited," either. But "dry water," as it's more commonly known, is notoriously difficult (and expensive!) to produce.

surely the pregnant man was one of many shining examples of this hope you speak so much of

im craving orange beef after the discussion of orange peels. im going to die fat with chirossis

I'm not sure that gay conception has been "prohibited" - it's just that it's truly a rare and special event. Incredibly rare.

I don't think powdered water has been "prohibited," either. But "dry water," as it's more commonly known, is notoriously difficult (and expensive!) to produce.

Well, I'm lobbying for this whole "wetness" criterion to be officially removed from the definition of water. It really is old fashioned. Not to mention, if we're successful, then the droughts plaguing this country will finally be over! Highway 61 will be renamed River 61, and will be second only to the Mississippi.

burning 4 revenge
That's easily fixed - the term "woman" is clearly too restrictive. It's based on anatomical criteria, which must be on shaky legal ground. I, for one, find the whole thing quite offensive.

So women are now free to have dicks, and it seems only fair that men will be free to have wombs. A pregnant man will soon be yet another milestone for my administration. Yes We Can!

wasnt there already a pregnant man?

I want to be able to fill in my AA form to say I'm a Black Hispanic Native American Woman lesbian gay atheist catholic. F*ck it, I just want to check ALL the boxes and make it illegal for anyone anywhere to fire me or deny me welfare.

By empty I meant lonley, not useless

Empty and lonely, are two different things.

so what if gays feel lonely? So do straight married people.

That's easily fixed - the term "woman" is clearly too restrictive. It's based on anatomical criteria, which must be on shaky legal ground. I, for one, find the whole thing quite offensive.

If you have a vajajay you are specifically one thing if you have dick you are specifically another, if you have both you have a website.

How many J's in vagina again? I forget.

I don't think it is society's place to define that, clv. Let each individual decide.

burning 4 revenge
Empty and lonely, are two different things.

so what if gays feel lonely? So do straight married people.

In the end I dont care so much I just think its ridiculous and its interesting so may people are so passionate like this is fighting Hitler all over again and they are the Londoners rallying around Winston Churchill

If gay marriage happens Im not going to protest, Ill be here drinking a beer or six

I don't think it is society's place to define that, clv. Let each individual decide.

Well given that Rachel is OK with multi entry I bet that 2 is still the limit due to physical constraints.

Well given that Rachel is OK with multi entry I bet that 2 is still the limit due to physical constraints.

Who is Rachel? :confused:

If gay marriage happens Im not going to protest, Ill be here drinking a beer or six

Now, that´s the attitude!!!! Beer sounds good!

Justanotherschmuck

If marriage IS a sacrament. If marriage IS "through better or worse, richer or poorer, till death do us part". If marriage IS sacred....then, no their is NO ROOM for gay marriage, simply because it IS a sacred vow (it MUST be or all those people who get married IN CHURCH, IN FRONT OF THEIR FAMILY AND VOW IN FRONT OF GOD, are just going through the motions in order to be "stylish") .

But, if marriage is this selfish, me first, quit when it gets hard, walk away affair bullsheet that it seems to be BY EVERY STATISTIC and so many posts on THIS board and others, then I can't see HOW having gay people getting married will screw anything up further. Its already ****ED UP. Its already one big SHOW. Its NOT sacred. Its NOT the foundation of a family. Its hit or miss. The marriage contract means LESS than a real estate contract.

So let gays get married if thats the case. If the straight world can make marriage so effen meaningless, how can gay marriage make it any worse?

If marriage IS a sacrament. If marriage IS "through better or worse, richer or poorer, till death do us part". If marriage IS sacred....then, no their is NO ROOM for gay marriage, simply because it IS a sacred vow (it MUST be or all those people who get married IN CHURCH, IN FRONT OF THEIR FAMILY AND VOW IN FRONT OF GOD, are just going through the motions in order to be "stylish") .

So that's the religious view of marriage. Does that mean that all other marriages/beliefs are not valid? And why does this necessarily exclude gay people?

But, if marriage is this selfish, me first, quit when it gets hard, walk away affair bullsheet that it seems to be BY EVERY STATISTIC and so many posts on THIS board and others, then I can't see HOW having gay people getting married will screw anything up further. Its already ****ED UP. Its already one big SHOW. Its NOT sacred. Its NOT the foundation of a family. Its hit or miss. The marriage contract means LESS than a real estate contract.

What you're saying is that there are only two ways to think of marriage - sacrament, or cheap. Couldn't there possibly be people who do believe that a vow means something but that are agnostic or atheist? Do their vows mean less?

People don't always get married just to have children, no. They get married because they want to affirm a commitment to each other, they want to make vows to each other that say they forsake all others.

I don't understand why this would cheapen heterosexual marriage - makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Marriage is marriage, and is loses any significance if one is going to ignore the very biological realities which make us human.

What biological realities are you speaking of that "make us human"?

Untouchable_Fire
So for all of you who believe so fervently that gays should not marry....how exactly would gay marriage negatively impact traditional marriage?

That is your concern, right?

How would gay marriage cause straight marriages to lose value?

Whatever!

Gay Marriage is just a legal baseball bat for Homo's and Lawyers to go after people who do not support gays.

The problem is not in giving gay people the rights that come with marriage... and you know that already.

Also, in the places where Gay Marriage is legal... they are FORCING kids to do gay marriage field trips, where they go watch a wedding. WTF!!

Bottom line is this. It needs to be Ok to be gay, but we should not be teaching our Kids that they are supposed to be gay! And we have an obligation to allow religious people the right to object to homosexual practices.

The solution is not in gay marriage, it is in civil unions, which have widespread support!

Whatever!

Gay Marriage is just a legal baseball bat for Homo's and Lawyers to go after people who do not support gays.

The problem is not in giving gay people the rights that come with marriage... and you know that already.

Also, in the places where Gay Marriage is legal... they are FORCING kids to do gay marriage field trips, where they go watch a wedding. WTF!!

Bottom line is this. It needs to be Ok to be gay, but we should not be teaching our Kids that they are supposed to be gay! And we have an obligation to allow religious people the right to object to homosexual practices.

The solution is not in gay marriage, it is in civil unions, which have widespread support!

The only thing I can conclude when I read ignorent, silly posts like this one, is that the posters are so insecure in there own sexually that they think something like marriage rights for gay people is going to turn the whole world gay. Maybe these posters have urges for the same sex that terrified of. I wonder if this is what is really going on with these people.

Untouchable_Fire
Just like people who wanted to preserve "the cultural and spiritual identity of humanity" when they wouldn't let African Americans drink out the same water fountain or swim in the same swimming pool as whites? :rolleyes:

Illogical hate runs rampant in the U.S. Such a sad thing.

Your so quick to call it hate. That is completely false!

The most anti-gm people I know don't hate gay people. They just don't like gay marriage. So, your statement is a poor stereotype.

Plus the analogy is crappy. African American's faced discrimination at every turn. Gay people already have 99.999999% of the rights straight people do. Also.... you can't choose to not be black. You CAN choose to not be gay.

Untouchable_Fire
The only thing I can conclude when I read ignorent, silly posts like this one, is that the posters are so insecure in there own sexually that they think something like marriage rights for gay people is going to turn the whole world gay. Maybe these posters have urges for the same sex that terrified of. I wonder if this is what is really going on with these people.

Yeah... that's a great rebuttal. It just proves that I am right. In the face of intelligent discussion you are forced to resort to personal attacks and insults.

I have friends that are gay, and I tell them the same thing I'm telling you. I support gay people having the rights and responsibilities of marriage, however it has to have a different name.

]

Plus the analogy is crappy. African American's faced discrimination at every turn. Gay people already have 99.999999% of the rights straight people do. Also.... you can't choose to not be black. You CAN choose to not be gay.

In the majority of states there are no civil unions, let alone marriage for gays. To top all this off, in the majority of states, you can be legally fired just for being gay. :mad: They can't even see a sick partner in some states. I have to conclude that you find employment and marriage and other things count less than 0.000001%.

Your post would be extremely laughable if it weren't so hurtful to gays.

I was born straight and am attracted to the majority of women. Let me know how I can change who I'm attracted to. Is there a secret way to do this? :rolleyes:

Nice way to twist what I said.

I said for them, gay was a choice. Not "for them, being afraid to trust men was a choice". They decided not to ever deal with men on a romantic level ever again. And they were happy with that choice.

I understand what you said, but I guess what I'm saying is that being gay is not really a choice, anymore than being afraid of men or being sexually repulsed by men is a "choice". If someone is repulsed by men, for whatever reason, they are probably going to have a hard time feeling sexual toward men. The "choice" is what to do in response to how that person feels, but the feeling itself is not a choice in my opinion. You can feel repulsed at the sight of chocolate ice cream as I once was as a child, strangely enough; that was not a choice. The choice was whether to try to eat it anyway, despite my revulsion. I chose not to. Then one day, I decided that I would try it, and now it's okay. Not my favorite but I can eat it on occasion. Obviously, sex and ice cream are two entirely different things. I'm just using that as an example, though.

You can feel repulsed at the sight of chocolate ice cream as I once was as a child, strangely enough;

ok now i've heard it all...ice cream & homosexuality