Do Hugs Mean Anything?

fivefive

When you hug a girl, is it deemed more as a friendly action or an "i'm interested romantically" one? And are there more ways to show you're interested in someone as more than friends?

Depends on a few things. Did she linger a few seconds too long? Did she slowly pull back from the hug and stand in front of you too close? Did she go for a double or triple hug?

Anyone that hugs you more then once or twice, most certainly is trying to tell you something that they can't verbally, so they do in a physical form, like a hug.

SpanksTheMonkey
How do exes generally greet each other?

Me and mine tend to do it with home made spears and broken broom sticks... oh the memories.. :love:

missdependant

There are different types of hugs just like there are different types of kisses.

I hug my boyfriend differently than I hug friends. When I give my boyfriend hugs, they're longer than the ones I give my friends and I take a minute to rest my head on his shoulder or chest. After I hug him, I usually keep my arm around his waist for a few minutes and he does the same. He hugs me tighter than he did when we were friends, and when he hugs one of our friends, the hug is pretty light.

With friends, I'm usually engaging in conversation like "hi, how are you?" or "see you later," and it's really short and simple. Our bodies aren't rubbing each other, and I don't massage their backs. I don't gaze into their eyes like I'm expecting a kiss to follow or wait around for them to ask me to spend the night.

I just recently saw a guy friend of mine for the 1st time in 3 months; I've always told him I love his hugs..so then we see each other and this hug was long, he held me tightly for a good couple of minutes...it felt really good, and could easily be interpreted as more just because of that...but doesn't mean that it is; however, it was also my 1st time seeing him since he and his girlfriend broke up...I even got a light kiss on the lips too...so that's confusing, see...

Just saying it all depends on the current status of the relationship and how it's received...like in my case it could easily fall into the category of mixed signals...so yea, just ask her out if you are more interested.

ashotoftequila

What about if a guy hugs you, and kisses you on the head?

A sorta more-than-friends guy did that to me the other day...we'd been very flirty and touchy feely. Not sure what to make of it. :S

Every man is different, but my SOP is kissing friends, if I do, on the cheek or lips. Never saw anything remotely endearing about a head or forehead, except perhaps with children. Necks, OTOH, ;)

If a guy is touchy/feely and flirty, he should be spending a lot of time gazing in your eyes and looking at your lips. IMO. :)

Hugs are confusing. I have a guy friend that I'm kinda into and he hugs me but I always think that he's hugging me as a friend. But the other day... he hugged me differently. He came behind me and put his arms around me. But his arms were more near my chest than my waist. So I raised my arm behind me to grab his head to hug him more and he hugged more. Anyway... that too can considered to be a friendly hug. So I don't know. Hugs are confusing. So I try not to look into them too much.

Simple rule of thumb: If one of you is otherwise attached (like married or LTR), consider hugs signs of non-sexual physical affection. Humans are social and affectionate creatures. We bond with each other that way. Everything doesn't have to be about sex.

Try it. The key is having the proper mindset about it. Don't worry about what the other person is thinking.

If you're both single and unattached, well, hey, have a good time ;)