Interesting...

As far as Lizzie goes, I don't quite get the hate. She's single, she doesn't lie to men or deceive them as to her intentions, nor does she drug faithfully married

men and rape them. IMHO,the person responsible for keeping a vow of fidelity is the person who took that vow.

If I were even 10 years younger I'd feel lucky, at this point the only thing I feel is terror..fear that I don't have enough good years left career wise to recoup all that I've lost.

That's precisely how I felt when 52 crept up on me, final settlement occurred four years following the divorce and I found myself left with not much at all but a decent career. Those 10 years and a number of promotions and raises later I just retired and while not well-off by any means, we're comfortable, secure and all our needs are met with enough left over for some reasonable wants.

Keep the faith. Your turn will come.

No, she's the attorney. I'm the "secretary" to the attorney. :laugh: (Never mind that I help run half of the practice!:rolleyes:)

Oh and I have a Bachelors degree...do you?

Not that a degree proves anything but I'm curious. Did you ever go to college? Because you're calling someone on their education and station in life it sounds like.

Would most people hold in higher regard a government worker with no college education who turns tricks on the side or a college educated lawyer?

Just curious because in your world I really don't know the answer to that and I thirst for this kind of knowledge.

It's like watching the National Geographic channel and learning about foreign cultures...like those people who live in those uncivilized societies. It's quite fascinating, really.

As for dating and sleeping people for "nothing" wow. Are you serious?

It's called living and learning. It's called a lot of things. But guess what it's NOT called?

It's not called prostitution.

Being able to say that is priceless for some of us. But I certainly don't expect some people to understand that concept.

The concept that integrity has no price.

lol, whoever said that love is free was either delusional or on drugs. We all pay, be it in money, emotionally or with the most priceless and irreplacable resource of all..our time.

I have no problem with the concept of paying someone willing to provide physical intimacy and I don't have a problem with sex workers.

It's called living and learning. It's called a lot of things. But guess what it's NOT called?

It's not called prostitution.

Being able to say that is priceless for some of us. But I certainly don't expect some people to understand that concept.

If I could interpret what I read Liz to say is...two choices: multiple sex partners with pay and multiples sex partners without pay.

One is prostitution while the other is "living and learning?" :laugh:

Gotta love LS! :laugh:

Citizen Erased
lol, whoever said that love is free was either delusional or on drugs. We all pay, be it in money, emotionally or with the most priceless and irreplacable resource of all..our time.

I have no problem with the concept of paying someone willing to provide physical intimacy and I don't have a problem with sex workers.

Aww.

Aren't they cute before they get eaten alive.

Poke the beast at your own risk.

As far as Lizzie goes, I don't quite get the hate. She's single, she doesn't lie to men or deceive them as to her intentions, nor does she drug faithfully married

men and rape them. IMHO,the person responsible for keeping a vow of fidelity is the person who took that vow.

I do agree with this. I'd never fault the OW in an affair, even if she did her best to seduce the man. Ultimately, he made the decision to break his vows and no one can force you to do that.

One is prostitution. One is promiscuity.

Yeah, gotta love LS.

That's precisely how I felt when 52 crept up on me, final settlement occurred four years following the divorce and I found myself left with not much at all but a decent career. Those 10 years and a number of promotions and raises later I just retired and while not well-off by any means, we're comfortable, secure and all our needs are met with enough left over for some reasonable wants.

Keep the faith. Your turn will come.

My only hope at this point is that after awhile he'll decide that while chasing the sweet young thangs is enjoyable that his lifestyle is limited directly to the amount of alimony I provide. I can only hope that he'll decide to look for another older woman,one who earns even more than I do and dupe her into marrying him. I can only pray that a bigger meal ticket crosses his path and that she's stupid enough to marry him.

Aww.

Aren't they cute before they get eaten alive.

Poke the beast at your own risk.

what on earth are you talking about? Lol

I do agree with this. I'd never fault the OW in an affair, even if she did her best to seduce the man. Ultimately, he made the decision to break his vows and no one can force you to do that.

I partially agree with this.

Most of the time I pity the OW, especially the ones involved with co-workers or old friends - men they think they know pretty well and trust and have built platonic relationships with over time.

I don't pity them because they are pitiable, quite the opposite. I feel sorry for them that they will likely be losing that friend, that relationship when the A is over. And whether most like to admit it, the affairs DO end in most cases - either with a divorce or a reconciliation.

But if a woman did her best to seduce my man (yeah, I said it), I don't think I would not fault her. If she got what she wanted, I would fault her too. I don't think its right to go around purposefully tempting married men.

what on earth are you talking about? Lol

Talking about the "young" person (because I too am one) that thinks that love is free.

I

But if a woman did her best to seduce my man (yeah, I said it), I don't think I would not fault her. If she got what she wanted, I would fault her too. I don't think its right to go around purposefully tempting married men.

Oh, I would think she was a piece of ****. I can't imagine ever going after a man with a wife and family. Never.

But it would still ultimately be my husband who broke our wedding vows and decided to risk everything we have in order to sleep with another woman. I would place 100% blame on him.

Besides, if a woman is overtly trying to seduce a man, he's aware of it. To continue being around her and allowing these occurances to happen is extremely indicative that he was contemplating it anyway, to me anyway.

Married men or women who are happy, and don't want to have affairs don't put themselves in situations where they can be seduced in the first place.

Talking about the "young" person (because I too am one) that thinks that love is free.

LOL, but nothing in this life is free, all our choices have costs, some are more hidden than others but everything costs:)

and I reread what I wrote, I didn't fault young people, there's also plenty of old fools walking around suffering under the delusion that love should be free, most of em are paying alimony:)

If I could interpret what I read Liz to say is...two choices: multiple sex partners with pay and multiples sex partners without pay.

Huh? ANY sex for PAY...multiple or otherwise..is prostitution. What the heck else would you call it?

"Gotta love LS" is right!:laugh:

:rolleyes:

Oh, I would think she was a piece of ****. I can't imagine ever going after a man with a wife and family. Never.

But it would still ultimately be my husband who broke our wedding vows and decided to risk everything we have in order to sleep with another woman. I would place 100% blame on him.

Besides, if a woman is overtly trying to seduce a man, he's aware of it. To continue being around her and allowing these occurances to happen is extremely indicative that he was contemplating it anyway, to me anyway.

Married men or women who are happy, and don't want to have affairs don't put themselves in situations where they can be seduced in the first place.

I agree with most of your points except the one that men know when they are being seduced.

An experienced seductress doesn't display her wares in a sexual manner. She goes after a man with things that he is vulnerable to. She wants to be rescued from a bad situation, or she acts so independent as to not know what a man's care is like. Either way, the man will not know what hit him when she gets her claws in good.

Believe me, I used to be one of those women - but never with married men. It wasn't about being sexy alone. The art of seduction isn't limited to the bedroom.

LOL, but nothing in this life is free, all our choices have costs, some are more hidden than others but everything costs

Well then give me the "hidden" ones. I'll take those every time over those that are constantly in your face.:laugh:

As far as I'm concerned if the so called price is "hidden" and I don't know about it, then I'm fine with that.

Perception is reality, right?

Honestly I can't think of one single thing that would be considered a "price" in my world.

What am I giving up? I can't think of one single thing.

Huh? ANY sex for PAY...multiple or otherwise..is prostitution. What the heck else would you call it?

"Gotta love LS" is right!:laugh:

:rolleyes:

lol, of course on the flip side of the coin we have relationships where one party pays thru the nose and there's no sex... these relationships are most commonly known as marriages.

lol, of course on the flip side of the coin we have relationships where one party pays thru the nose and there's no sex... these relationships are most commonly known as marriages.

lol, no.

They're most commonly known as "bad marriages.";)

Well then give me the "hidden" ones. I'll take those every time over those that are constantly in your face.:laugh:

As far as I'm concerned if the so called price is "hidden" and I don't know about it, then I'm fine with that.

Perception is reality, right?

Honestly I can't think of one single thing that would be considered a "price" in my world.

What am I giving up? I can't think of one single thing.

I dislike hidden costs and fees, I'd rather know up front how much what I want is going to cost me. All I desire from a relationship at this point is sex and for the man to go away once it's over.

I dislike hidden costs and fees, I'd rather know up front how much what I want is going to cost me. All I desire from a relationship at this point is sex and for the man to go away once it's over.

Look, I can't say that I don't respect your forthright manner, because I really do.

Do I relate to your message? No way.

Speaking for myself what I have costs me nothing compared to what I get in return. That's all I'm saying.

If you can say the same then who am I to deny you your satisfaction?

Live and be well and enjoy the one life you have. :)

Look, I can't say that I don't respect your forthright manner, because I really do.

Do I relate to your message? No way.

Speaking for myself what I have costs me nothing compared to what I get in return. That's all I'm saying.

If you can say the same then who am I to deny you your satisfaction?

Live and be well and enjoy the one life you have. :)

My point is this... you won't know what a relationship has truly cost you till it's over... and you just never know when it will be over and you'll find that it's cost you dearly,far more than you'd ever dreamed possible.

We all pay, in one way or another we all pay.

You sound so much like one of my old co-workers. I can understand why she felt this way too. Her ex was the jerk of all jerks. I imagine she just wanted to get off and for him to get out afterwards too.

Women can and do get to this point. I think it surprises some men that we can behave in ways typically thought to be masculine. Which is why I think the radio show folks at the start of this thread, got it wrong.

My point is this... you won't know what a relationship has truly cost you till it's over... and you just never know when it will be over and you'll find that it's cost you dearly,far more than you'd ever dreamed possible.

We all pay, in one way or another we all pay.

I agree. And I don't think that you mean that all payment is negative.

I totally get what you are saying.

You sound so much like one of my old co-workers. I can understand why she felt this way too. Her ex was the jerk of all jerks. I imagine she just wanted to get off and for him to get out afterwards too.

Women can and do get to this point. I think it surprises some men that we can behave in ways typically thought to be masculine. Which is why I think the radio show folks at the start of this thread, got it wrong.

LOL,I'm not typical, I'm very practical and experience has taught me that for ME marriage is an exceedingly expensive proposition that fails to pass muster when looked at from a costs/benefits perspective.

I don't wish to engage in another long term leasing option with anybody, I would like occasional sexual intimacy with a healthy,reasonably attractive discrete man and for that I'll gladly go along with short term rental options:)