My Dad

Trialbyfire

• Author

Thanks wwiu. The news is good. There's no follow-up treatment necessary, that they can see, up to this point. He'll be going in for a CT scan (X-ray) in the next month or so, to ensure there's no further inclusions they can spot.

He's already started to eat a little food, primarily broth and things of that nature. And yes, best of all, he's already starting to complain about the food. :)

And yes, best of all, he's already starting to complain about the food.

Now, if that isn't a sign of a full recovery, I don't know what is! Whenever I was ill and my father would call me up to ask how I am, he'd ask me if I still had an appetite. When I'd answer affirmatively, then he'd say, "Nothing wrong with you, then.":)

I don't know how I missed this.......

But I am so very happy that the surgery is over for your dad and the subsequent news is encouraging.

Fingers crossed............

• Author

Thanks marlena and kasan. My Dad loves his food but in his favour, healthy food! Thank goodness he's usually very active, in order to keep himself healthy. His fitness level has really helped in his recovery. The doctors and nurses at the hospital are amazed at how quickly he's getting better. While the incisions were small, between the ribs, still, he's just relatively "roaring" back to health.

Did I mention I adore, admire and respect my Dad? :laugh::love: