My Dad

Trialbyfire

Hopefully things will work out the same way with my Dad.

Yes hopefully this time next year you will all look back and be glad this is over.

((hugs Honey))

• Author

I appreciate you sharing your knowledge b4r. Right now, I can only handle it one way, like the three monkeys.

Thanks ariadne and amaysn.

TBF, My father passed away a year and a half ago......I think about him every day......he was ALL the hero a boy ever needed.......Your father, you and your family will be in the prayers of me and my family.

• Author

Thanks boldjack. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

You understand what I mean by my Dad being my hero. He's always cherished all of us, his loved ones. He sheltered and protected us, raised us in the best way that he and Mom knew how to. I respect him, his integrity, the way he always tried to do right for whomever. Sometimes, his actions didn't seem fair. In adult hindsight, it was the right thing to do.

He has this ability to de-escalate, using charm and humour to combat human stubbornness. He does it with my Mom. He does it with me. In this, I'm my mother's daughter.

I love him so much. He's a very special person.

TBF..I'm new so I hope you don't mind me coming onto your thread.

I just want to say that you and your dad are in my thoughts.

Cancer sucks. I'm so glad that its been caught and I hope surgery goes well.

Big hugs.

xx

No matter what happens, he'll always be my hero and I'll always be his little princess.

indeed TBF, indeed

b4r, I've avoided researching it too much or finding out more detail.

This is a good decision, TBF, IMO. The last thing you need is to stress out even more over the situation with confusing research especially over the Internet. I am sure that he is in good hands so just trust the doctors. They got it early so I am confident that everything will turn out fine.

Please, accept my wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

It's good they've found it early - Just will be hard for him (and everyone else too) to go through this..Keep the humour going, that's important, and positive thoughts as well..

Hang in there TBF.

I understand completely Tbf, there didn't seem to be a problem he couldn't solve. I always say that the good qualities I got from my parents the bad ones i made up myself. Best of luck

stage 1 is a best-case scenerio, and if your pop is otherwise in good health, he'll lick this bastard quick. Meanwhile, he's got our prayers.

now for a true story about an amazing organ comeback:

my co-worker's husband is a very well-known deacon in the church. Last year, he got really sick with an upper respiratory infection that turned into walking pneumonia, and after piddling around a bit, he finally got on meds to knock it out. However the people in the parish were sharing all KINDS of stories about Bill's problem: He was dying, he had lung cancer, etc. One day after noon Mass here at the chancery, one of the little old ladies came up to him, patted his arm and said, "Deacon, I want you to know that we've all been praying for you, and that you CAN live with only one lung! My nephew also lost a lung to cancer but he's living a normal life."

poor Bill was stunned – he knew his health was a major subject with the parishioners, but he hadn't realized how quickly it went from pneumonia to a lost lung!

so now the big joke in our office is how Deacon One Lung miraculously recovered and has got the pair of lungs back :D:D:D

• Author

Thanks Everyone. I feel better today. Yesterday was tough.

Haha...quank! Nothing like a good game of telephone, to create a miracle! :laugh:

Sounds as if you're a lot more upbeat than last night. Tell your dad, he can and will beat this thing, with all the love his family and friends are showing, he can't miss.

• Author

Speaking of miracles, my Dad had his surgery this morning and is doing well. They believe they've got it all but there's still test results to come. They cautiously believe that there'll be no further treatment necessary. It's looking really good! :)

YUS!

thanks for sharing the good news. And tell him if he's good, he can eat all the red jello he wants ;)

hugs to you both!

Speaking of miracles, my Dad had his surgery this morning and is doing well. They believe they've got it all but there's still test results to come. They cautiously believe that there'll be no further treatment necessary. It's looking really good! :)

That's super news TBF I'm so glad to hear it. I wish you and your family all the best. Hugs.:love:

Mea:)

Excellent news, TBF!

Seeing a parent suffer is so hard. They have always been there and the idea of never having them again is difficult to deal with.

Thankfully this doesn't appear to be his time. I am sure you breathed a big sigh of relief.

• Author

Thanks, yes, we all breathed a sigh of relief and had a big family cry, after we heard that the surgery went well and Dad was doing fine. It was okay at that point to let it all out with each other, the worries and concern, especially Mom. :)

Three and a Tiger for your

Dad. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!

My absolute best to all the TBF family