I Regret Breaking Up With Her!

• Author
Beyond Broken

Yeah, I screwed up big time Didn't I? This sucks. Like I said before. I am doing everything I can to move on. I will not contact her. If she wants to be with me, she will find her way back. But I think its hopeless. I cant seem to accept the fact that she is really gone.

Yeah, I screwed up big time Didn't I? This sucks. Like I said before. I am doing everything I can to move on. I will not contact her. If she wants to be with me, she will find her way back. But I think its hopeless. I cant seem to accept the fact that she is really gone.

I'm sure you'll manage. Of course it will seem bleak right now, but if you allow yourself to get into such a position all because of one person, you're an idiot. That's the only word I hope will snap you back into a human being. If you truly want her back, then you have to focus on yourself first. Don't think one or two weeks will manage a difference (not unless you're god or anything), because it took me almost a year to see my ex with any real change.

NC is all you can do right now, and try to stay away from things that remind you of her. You need to realize no matter how much it hurts, in the end you're the only one suffering from it. So you can either wallow away into nothing or actually resume living your life.

• Author
Beyond Broken

I will. I have to go for now. (I'm going out tonight, yay)

One more thing I've been contemplating. I read this one book on how to get back with your ex. And one of the "tactics" was to create a fear of loss within your ex. It's about myspace. It said to post on their that you're out on a date, and maybe even a picture of me and another woman. And since I know she's been checking my page, should I try this? I know that jealousy is very strong. and I really dont think I have anything to lose at this point... As a "Last Ditch Effort". What do you guys think?

P.S. Our pages are set to private, so we cant see too much of what the other is doing (Thank God!) just a main picture and our mood and status, which hers right now is "In deep Thought" and her mood is "tested" What does that mean?

Thanks guys for all of your advice!

I've read that in several of the "Get Your Ex Back" e-books. Honestly, doing that is manipulative. You're playing games. Do you want to manipulate her back to you? Even if you did, it probably wouldn't work. Besides, you broke up with her, so she's already dealt with the fear of losing you, and she let it go. She moved on. Doubt the idea of losing you will affect her now.

All you are focusing on is instant gratification. Like an addict, you want to get your "fix". You want her back, and you want her back now. If you can't be ok without her, then you have no business being involved with her anyway. You need to work on being happy with yourself. Also, remember, you are a bit older than her and in a different part of your life. She is only 24. She has different priorities and things going on in her life than you.

• Author
Beyond Broken

Update: I am doing much better. I have slowly been changing my diet. Working out a lot, Meeting new people (Girls) and impressing them. I have been on 2 dates, and they both want to see me again!

I did go on my ex's myspace page (one last time) And I must be getting to her... She has switched it from private to non private... I know, uh oh. So I had to look, saw pictures of her and her new boy, and some comments... And you know what? It didn't even bother me. But I ask you this, why would she switch it to non private.? lol. I think she wants that attention back. I think she's trying to get a reaction out of me... But, i am strictly sticking to NC!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Beyond Broken

What is going on with me. I am pathetic. I cant seem to stop thinking about her. The thing is, is that when I was with her, I didn't care too much or even know I was this much in love with her. How the heck am I going to get over her? I was with my ex wife for 10 years, and didn't feel anywhere near this bad when she left me for someone else...

I just want her back in my arms. And it just aint going to happen. I am miserable.

againstallodds

Broken,

Your ex is probably hot and your wife is not. My ex was 22 and I was 34. My ex was hot too and I want her back so bad too but I go NC when she left. It's probably the "you want what you can't have syndrome" but I know if I get back with her the same sh*t will happen again.

Maybe you and her are not compatible that why you can't communicate with her because she probably won't understand anyway at that age. You either put her on the pedestal or she run or in this case you dumped her because you can't put up with her anymore. I can't talk to my ex neither everytime I try to explain things to her the right way we would argue so I kept things on the back burner until one day explode like you. But we have other problem as well since we live together for a year and half.

Do NC and move on. There are a lot of women out there.

• 7 months later...
  • Author
Beyond Broken

Well here I am again. We got back together in Feb. Stayed together until June. I broke it off with her yet again. We still kept in contact and still saw each other fairly often until about 2 weeks ago. She tried everything to get back together with me, and I denied her. Now, Since I have not spoken to her in a solid week. I miss her again. And I'm driving myself crazy. She wont answer my calls or reply to my texts. I went to her house with an engagement ring and she did not answer the door. I just want to tell her how i feel, and that I regret this again.

oh, And she has met someone else too (a POS Drunk...). I dont know what to do. I dont want to go through this hell agian. What do I do? Do I fight for her? Or just give up.

Why do you keep breaking up with her? I suspect you thrive on the "chase"....and drama. That is hurtful to her. If you are not mature enough to work through problems without ending things every time, then you are not mature enough to have a lasting, adult relationship....and especially not marriage. I suspect she realizes this now....and is tired of "the game".

Dude, even I'm angry you broke it off with her yet again. Although reading the post gives me hope my ex will take me back someday (I broke it off and realized too she is my everything).

Maybe this is for the best and you don't see it that way right now, she is obviously hurt with very good reasons. Don't push her more away. Leave her a heart letter and go NC.

But like I said I think you're continously confusing love for rejection.

If you trully love her, leave ver alone.

• Author
Beyond Broken

I keep breaking up with her because I just cant tolerate her rudeness, anger, disrespect, arrogant behavior. Very demanding, She hates my family and friends and vice verse. For no reason. She is just a mean person. But of course she has a great body and is drop dead gorgeous.

So whats the diagnosis?

I keep breaking up with her because I just cant tolerate her rudeness, anger, disrespect, arrogant behavior. Very demanding, She hates my family and friends and vice verse. For no reason. She is just a mean person. But of course she has a great body and is drop dead gorgeous.

So whats the diagnosis?

Wow, that's sad. Leave this poor girl alone please. You had enough chances.

So whats the diagnosis?

Please read the following book asap

He's Scared, She's Scared by Steven Carter. I think you will find a lot of answers in there about why you want her when you don't have her and don't want her when you do. You may be reluctant at first to accept that you may have commitment conflicts, but please just read it with an open mind. If you have, then until you realise this and get help for it, you are doomed to keep repeating the same relationship patterns. In the mean time, please leave this women alone, this isn't right, you're hurting her even though I know you don't mean to.

So whats the diagnosis?

You don't love her, you love the sex and her body.

You don't love her, you love the sex and her body.

Oh my god, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. :D

Yes, what a shame.

Starshine Black

Caliguy has anyone told you look exactly like a short haired version of this guy?

dragonball%2BZ%2Bgoku.jpg

Goku. Seriously. You are the real life goku. I love it

So whats the diagnosis?

You need to grow up.

• Author
Beyond Broken

I am trying to grow up, Thats why I went and bought the ring.

I made a 30 sec heart felt video showing the ring etc, and I'm thinking you guys are going to say that its probably not a good idea to send it to her. But i feel I am ready to take the next step. I cant stand being without her alot more than being with her. Sure shes arrogant sometimes, arent all women? And I want her to know that I am for real this time, no more games.

No, if you feel that she is annoing you, and she hates your friends and family, than she isnt the one for you. You did break up with her two times, why do you want to marry her? You said that you just cant be with her, try to find someone compatible with you and leave this girl alone.

I was in a long relationship, i bought a ring, but she broke up with me before i could have shown her, and i am glad she did, because i realized that at the moment she would probably have said yes, but the relationship still would have gone down the drains. Now we are freshly broken up, we both understand the situation, we didnt argue about it, and we both know that the future is uncertain. I to realized how much i love her only after she left me for someone else, but i went NC, and as hard as it is i must keep myself to it, i dont want to get back together just to get to the same problems in a few months or years. I must sit down, clear my head in time, think about her, what she really means to me, and after that will I try or not to get back together with her.

So you should not show her the ring, it will only worsen things, but after all you said, i dont think you have much chance of beeing together with her again. SIT DOWN and think, for a long long time what is it that you love in her, if its just the body and the sex, than there are many pretty ladies out there. If it is her personality than its worth fighting about, but you did already tell us that you find quite a few things annoing in her. Think about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Beyond Broken

It's been 3 whole weeks now since any contact. And I still feel the same. I miss her. I dont know what I miss about her, I just miss her. They say time is the only way to help. But how much time? It takes everything I have not to send her a simple "hey" text...

I started a new hobby: Setting up a saltwater tank. It takes up alot of my time. So hopefully my new hobby will help a bit...

I know I dont want her back. I just want to stop thinking about her. I miss her. It's driving me insane.

It really irritates me to read this post because you remind me of my ex. He too, is a total commitment phobe, and would break up with me, and then always come back. Right now we are broken up, but I'll see him again sooner or later - if I want.

My ex actually told me in one of our break ups , that he didn't love me less since the break up, he loved me more. And then when we got back together, he told me that it was true, he valued me more when I was gone. We tried and tried to solve this dilemma, but I finally realized it wasn't my problem to solve. And he just wasn't willin.g

Figure your s**t out before you mess with this person and their emotions anymore. Your behavior is extremely selfish.

They say time is the only way to help. But how much time?

Time is not going to help. You're going to repeat this pattern over and over until you are able to face your own commitment phobia issues.

Please read the following book asap

He's Scared, She's Scared by Steven Carter.

LisaUK has given you good advice. Have you read the book yet?

Having been on the receiving end of something like this all I can say is.....playback's a bitch! You don't know what you've had until you lost it.......