why is the love less valued?

heavenlytomorrow

But you're not - and neither's he.....You cannot possibly be comparing affairs of the heart and loins to a written legal contract between purchaser and supplier!

Yes I am - that's how I view it. I need a supplier to supply a service. I "publish" my terms and consider the tenders, and select those that best fit my requirements.

And actually, the above is not true.

If there is a conflict of interest, the contract may be rendered null and void and the supplier can be sued for failure to disclose, and breach of terms.

If that is discovered, sure. In which case yes, the SUPPLIER may be found to be in breach and sued. The purchaser (me) is merely evidential, rather than agentic, in that breach of contract, since the purchaser is not party to that contract.

But don't you care how much that woman is going to suffer because of you?

(j/k)

If she's married to a man who's so unconcerned about her "suffering" that he's prepared to negotiate an agreement (with me) that deprioritises her entirely, then I am not the cause of her suffering - her poor character judgment is.

I owe/d the "victims" no loyalty - they were unknown to me, I had no contractual relationship with them of any kind. The only "contract" I had was the agreement I made with the MMs, putting it all upfront. If they chose to agree to that - fully informed of consequences and implications - that was THEIR choice and any "damage" was caused by their agentic choice to engage in an agreement that voided or denigrated any other contract which they may have agreed with any other party.

If I am a supermarket, and I approach a dairy farmer to supply my milk, I am not responsible for any breach of contract that dairy farmer sustains through supplying me in addition to any other supermarkets with which he may have signed a restraint of trade agreement. His terms of supplying me are all that I am concerned about. What he has agreed with anyone else is his, and theirs, to be concerned over.

This is such an incredibly weak analogy it hardly warrants a response. It completely ignores morality and non contractual or implied contractual obligations.

The vast majority of our obligations to one another are not formalized by a contract. What an absurd rationalization for participating in reprehensible, hurtful conduct. The desperation with which you cling to this idea reflects your knowledge that it is bogus.

I'm closing this thread because frankly it has merely reached levels of accusation and justification.