I Need New Girlfriends

Jilly Bean

Fine, fine.

So long as you agree to ALWAYS hold my hair back, and have bail money as required. :)

SG doesn't need money... she'll just call someone. :)

And with Delicious, OJB, you could get good advice on health issues and how to be correctly fitted. :)

Sounds like you've already gotten some virtual BFF's :laugh:

A CHICK WITH TEETH

Jilly Bean I am glad you started this thread. I have the same issues.

I would rather have one or two great females friends than an array of crappy

dysfunctional ones.

I think we all have a BFF in our lives that is the equivalent of a soul mate. I had one

person like that in my life till I moved back home. I miss her. I could be who I was totally without judgement or competition. We would do the dumbest **** and laugh about it for weeks. Finding quality people IS hard regardless of where you live.

I have pretty much given up hope on finding another BFF.

Fine, fine.

So long as you agree to ALWAYS hold my hair back, and have bail money as required. :)

Uh oh, what have I gotten myself into? :p

I have no idea what I will do. LAst year I made two cool new friends so I'll hang out with them more.

But the thing is it is harder for me because I had a child really young so my friends are 25-35 range and the two news ones are still in bar hopping mode which is cool but i only can go to the bar like once a month or so.

My girlfriends who moved were really close to me and my daughter there were like Auntie's so we hung out all together. which was nice.

but these new friends are not kid friendly. sigh.

side note why do chicks tend to ditch their friends for new boyfriends it is so irritating.

Uh oh, what have I gotten myself into? :p

:laugh: I was thinking that I don't think the world is ready for the two of you together! OMG! What a disaster! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

:laugh: I was thinking that I don't think the world is ready for the two of you together! OMG! What a disaster! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've always liked R & D so I think it would be interesting. :D

• Author

You're now coming along, Touche. Just for that crack. Why do I suspect you would lead the madness? ;)

Yes, OJB - D can make sure I am well-fitted and provided medical consult, but she is also incredibly warm and kind, and I would love her as a friend in real life. :)

And it's a good thing that SG is an attorney. Would come in handy. lol

TEETH - did you once have a lot more gf's and have they fallen off through the years? It just seems harder. I guess it was easy when we were all younger, as when you are in school, a ready pool exists of demographically appropriate women (girls). As we get older, they get married, bf's, move, etc. and we no longer share a focus as we did in our school days.

HOT - I get you. I feel like I'm on the other side of that - not having kids and most women at my age ARE, so that excludes a lot of friendships.

I do have one friend out here whom I ADORE. She is funny, smart, energetic, accomplished, gorgeous, fit, and an overall amazing friend who will ALWAYS build you up and make you feel great around her and ALWAYS have your back. Issue is that she struggles with depression, so I don't see her too often, as I have to work around her cycles.

I did research out some local social clubs/organizations - wine tasting and other social networking/activity groups for single women. I also came across an ad for speed dating - lol.

A CHICK WITH TEETH

Damn Jilly, too bad you don't live near me. I echo everythng you just said.

I used to wonder if I didn;t have a lot of friend's because maybe I was projecting something negative.I just realize that's not the case..I am just intolerate of stupid

B.S games women try to play and I cut them off when I spot red flags. Ie,.....I have a very low tolerance for someone who always has an excuse as to why they can't

hang out or do something..I'm not even talking about partying, or clubbing....but something like getting our nails done. Excuse makers, or women who constantly

cancel things because of the 'man" in her life is just too draining.....ugh.

GrnEyedGemini

Jilly- Yes, sometimes it bothers me that I don't have good gfs. Mainly when my bf is off doing something with his guy friends. I guess I'm one of those chicks that falls in with my bf and does things without him when he wants to go without me. I just enjoy hanging out with my man more than with my gfs. But, that's probably because I don't have any really good gfs. This past Saturday I went out with two gfs (the two that have been around for a while and have worked their way up in my list of friends), but they brought their bfs. We still had a blast though...it pretty much was a girls night out...because we kinda accidentally ignored them nearly all night...but they crashed our girls night so they deserved it (wouldn't let their gfs go out without them)! Lol!

I digress....I do wish I had a BFF, because sometimes it'd be nice to share my trials and tribulations in this life with someone other than my man,...especially when they involve my man! I'm not a very open person and don't like people to know my business, so I don't tell just any friend my probs. But i guess that is the reason I came looking for LS. I got ya'll...well sometimes...some people give good advice on here, others are just plain mean. Because of those people, I've already almost left this site. Freak...got an infraction for reporting someone yesterday. WTF? Wish I could interact with JUST the people that actually care and don't look for things to be mean and hateful with.

The women I've been able to connect with are usually a bit "out of the box" and more guy-like in how they think. I've actually met a few cool women on LS that I would consider friends, but they all live far away. It used to be that most of my friends were guys, but lately I've even been avoiding men. The sexual undertones always ruin things. I also find that men are less compassionate and empathetic.

melodymatters

Hey J,

Sorry, but I only read the first couple of pages and skipped to the end so if this is redundant, mea culpa.

But SO YES !!!! BOTH when I first moved to hollywood after 4 yrs in NYC, I was LOST, these chicks had NOTHING to talk about, and I never made ONE GF.

THEN, as an adult, so MANY of my girl friends seem to value our long term friendship somewhere behind selling cookies for the PTO or attending a (gag) candle party for their H's sisters, cousins, godmother.

I am REALLY dissapointed in my woman friends that I thought would be friends for life !

Thank GAWD for you ladies of LS !!!!