Male friends who are married.

• Author
Sometimes, even with the best of intentions, you can't account for the unexpected. I know that you're disppointed in losing a friend and not being able to anticipate what happened...don't beat yourself up, though. You showed integrity...which is a great thing.
I know, thanks. I would say I'm proud of myself... but I'm actually not. I only did what I would normally have done. But I do find it hard to sacrifice things which are special to me - especially as I've lost so much previously in life. I'll get over it though, just like I've gotten over everything else. :)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

My friend & I both returned to work yesterday. The long & short of it is... we didn't really talk face-2-face because we both felt very uneasy. My friend apologised for what happened & to quote him, he said he felt he'd been a thoughtless idiot. I responded to his message by saying he didn't need to apologise for anything as long as things are clear & everything is okay. I said I hoped my mail hadn't upset him too much - he said it had made him realize he had said it for the wrong reason at an inappropriate time. I have zero clue as to what that meant & I didn't ask. I saw him couple of times today for work related things. It was awkward & diffficult... it's also clear that MY friend who I knew & cared about...is gone. I'm bitterly disappointed. I don't know why peope do these things when no good comes out of it. :(

, he said he felt he'd been a thoughtless idiot. - he had said it for the wrong reason at an inappropriate time.

Hey Chinook.

Well, yeah...he DID need to apologize -- for himself as much as to let you know that he is sorry for his words/actions.

I get that you're still pissed off at him. But remember it also happened because you missed whatever it was that you missed (same as I had done in my similar experience.) We also get to be pissed off at ourselves.

I'm still going to hold out hope that understanding and forgiveness (on both your parts) will prevail.

Hope you had some happy times on your holidays, in any event :)