Why MM Stay

Unfortunately, in today's job market, that isn't true anymore (if you're smart). Even happily employed people keep their eye on the market, and their networking contacts up to date. You never know what's going to happen at your job. Company loyalty is mostly a thing of the past.

Exactly, PLUS people get headhunted to take on new jobs all the time and all it takes is for someone to be uncomfortable enough or "comfortable" enough in their current job for a better more $$ paying job to appeal to them. They may have not thought of leaving their job but something better comes along and then they suddenly realise they could use more money, they could use a new challenge, and they could use a change in atmosphere at work. Sometimes a better opportunity presents itself when we don't even know we need it, and yet we do.

Sure, but again, the intent is to find something better to move on to.

Again, better sometimes means simply different or "new"

I'm glad I'm sitting down, herenow.

And I don't think you're a job whore. A job slut, maybe.:p

You many want to rethink that terminology. Remember, I'm getting paid! And again, we disagree. I'm a whore dammit!

bentnotbroken
I'm glad I'm sitting down, herenow.

And I don't think you're a job whore. A job slut, maybe.:p

That's what I was thinking:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You many want to rethink that terminology. Remember, I'm getting paid! And again, we disagree. I'm a whore dammit!

Can I get flagged for calling myself a whore?

bentnotbroken

You've been warned, no name calling. Don't let me tell you again.:mad::rolleyes::D

Again, better sometimes means simply different or "new"

And how about the people who take jobs that pay less because they will be happier? Or the ones who move away from their families because a far away job gives them a chance to do what they truly love?

If you dare try to report yourself I will report you for unjustly reporting yourself..:laugh:

Doesn't make you a job whore just makes you in tune with your "professionality" (that's not a word but it was close to sexuality)

or maybe it means you are commitmentphobe, "playah" is comes to mind...:lmao:

And how about the people who take jobs that pay less because they will be happier? Or the ones who move away from their families because a far away job gives them a chance to do what they truly love?

Ooooh those are good ones!! I took a cut in pay a few years ago to do what I love and it totally worked itself out and I am happier than I have ever been at work so yes indeed those are good examples.

If you dare try to report yourself I will report you for unjustly reporting yourself..:laugh:

Doesn't make you a job whore just makes you in tune with your "professionality" (that's not a word but it was close to sexuality)

or maybe it means you are commitmentphobe, "playah" is comes to mind...:lmao:

Yeah babe that's me. All those bosses trying to nail me down, but I just won't commit. And the more they come back, the more I charge. I do give discounts to my favorites however.

Yeah babe that's me. All those bosses trying to nail me down, but I just won't commit. And the more they come back, the more I charge. I do give discounts to my favorites however.

Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen!

SMART! ;)

Lookingforward
It's the difference between looking and leaving.

When is come to a job, a person who looks for a new job usually has the true intention to leave the old job. Even if they stay or go back to the old job, the reason they looked for an new job is so that they could leave the old job. In most cases and in my opinion to clarify.

In an affair, the person cheating is less likely to have the intention to leave the marriage as the person who is looking for a job. The may have no intention of leaving at all as opposed to the job hunter.

not true always - sometimes people are mildly unhappy and just "putting out feelers" then boom along comes their dream job :)

then there are also the mildly unsatisfied who get headhunted LOL

not true always - sometimes people are mildly unhappy and just "putting out feelers" then boom along comes their dream job :)

then there are also the mildly unsatisfied who get headhunted LOL

So, do they leave their job for the dream job?

So, do they leave their job for the dream job?

Sometimes, but more often than not it's just a new job, it's new and exciting for a while but at then of the day the dream turns into a daily drudgery, it's called "work" for a reason.

If you look at it realistically work and jobs are SO bad the only way to get people to do them is to pay them. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

silktricks
and sometimes the old job makes a counter offer, but they usually say it's a mistake to go back don't they ? LOL

I dunno, many of the people where I work don't look for another job because they actually want to change jobs - they just want the counter offer and more money to stay where they are.... ;)

Lookingforward
Sometimes, but more often than not it's just a new job, it's new and exciting for a while but at then of the day the dream turns into a daily drudgery, it's called "work" for a reason.

If you look at it realistically work and jobs are SO bad the only way to get people to do them is to pay them. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and if you don't get enough "pay" you leave (or just whine a lot to whoever will listen)

Maybe if we had to pay our spouses, we would be more committed to them. Who am I kidding? My H couldn't afford me!

Once again, it's time for me to go be that controlling wife I'm known to be. See ya!

silktricks
Unfortunately, in today's job market, that isn't true anymore (if you're smart). Even happily employed people keep their eye on the market, and their networking contacts up to date. You never know what's going to happen at your job. Company loyalty is mostly a thing of the past.

This is really true, and after I thought about it realized that people do shop around for a new job all the time without actually wanting to change jobs - see post above.... :rolleyes:

Lookingforward
I dunno, many of the people where I work don't look for another job because they actually want to change jobs - they just want the counter offer and more money to stay where they are.... ;)

yes, but the reason it usually doesn't work out well is that the old job resents having to pay you more to keep you............plus it brings your "loyalty" into question

silktricks
yes, but the reason it usually doesn't work out well is that the old job resents having to pay you more to keep you............plus it brings your "loyalty" into question

That's probably true a lot of places - I'm not too sure if it's fortunate or not, but where I work they are usually just sooooo happy that you've decided to stay, because they definitely don't pay most of us what we could get elsewhere.... my boss has actually asked me to bring in an offer so he could give me a better raise :confused:

Maybe if we had to pay our spouses, we would be more committed to them. Who am I kidding? My H couldn't afford me!

Once again, it's time for me to go be that controlling wife I'm known to be. See ya!

Ohhh now you're talking HN if I could get paid to be in a relationship I would easily make that my living! :laugh:

Lookingforward
Ohhh now you're talking HN if I could get paid to be in a relationship I would easily make that my living! :laugh:

don't the "sexless M" thread posters think that's their "pay" they're not getting ?

(warning t/j) Tc, can u clear a space in your inbox plse ?

don't the "sexless M" thread posters think that's their "pay" they're not getting ?

Actually I hear this from a lot of men... One of the primary reasons they get married in the first place is the expectation that they'll get laid on a regular basis, without having to exert effort into securing the quarry first.

They are bitterly disappointed when they end up without it anyway.

Lookingforward
Actually I hear this from a lot of men... One of the primary reasons they get married in the first place is the expectation that they'll get laid on a regular basis, without having to exert effort into securing the quarry first.

yes, I've heard it this way "I didn't really mind not getting it when we were dating/engaged - I figured once we were M I would" - bitterly disappointed , years later they hightail it.......... what a shock

:lmao: I heard that many times too... free sex.. they don't have to 'work' too hard to get it either..

and yes.. they are disappointed.. that's why they stray.. :D

I should add : that's why the wedding is not important for them.. the celebration.. and the whole nine yard.. they could go without the 'flafla'.. all they want is the 'license' to get laid.. lol