Not sure if my friend took advantage of me

• Author

Here's a quick update - i'm on my trip having a blast, am at an internet cafe w/ 1 min left! the seat next to me on the plane was empty so she didn't cancel or have the guts to show up!! talk u guys soon :)))))

Here's a quick update - i'm on my trip having a blast, am at an internet cafe w/ 1 min left! the seat next to me on the plane was empty so she didn't cancel or have the guts to show up!! talk u guys soon :)))))

Hugs @ !! Yeaaa.....okay wouldn't she have had to cancel because the seat is empty ?

• Author
Hugs @ !! Yeaaa.....okay wouldn't she have had to cancel because the seat is empty ?

Ok, so I am back after having a wonderful trip. On the way there the seat next to me was empty where she had been assigned so I thought maybe she had a conscious after all and decided not to go. On the way back, just as I took my seat I heard her say "Hi, I thought you would've rebooked your flight." and plopped right into the seat next to me to my horror.

It took me a minute to realize it was actually her and I said "nope" and went on to ignore her. Several hours into the flight, after I was finished reading, watching etc and closed my eyes, she started talking to me, startled me at first and said "oops did I wake you." I responded to her questions, she wanted to know some updates about things that had been going on in my life, so being the polite person that I am I told her.

Then she started asking me about my trip and I told her some of the amazing things I did and asked her about hers. So basically she suddenly had money to pay for her sister's flight and book a hotel when before she wasn't willing to chip a dime but I didn't bring that up. I apologized to her for anything that I may have done that upset her. The biat** didn't apologize once. She's the one who sent the nasty emails full of F words and really really bad things she wrote that she thought about me, and all that she did to upset me, yet she was acting like she had done nothing wrong, so that was definitely the last straw for me.

She exited the plane immediately. But at baggage claims she came up to me and hugged me then left. I uploaded a bunch of very nice pictures on facebook, including of me and a friend I had invited the last day I was there. There were pictures of us on the balcony of my hotel overlooking the city and at various nice sites throughout the city. I got so many nice comments on it (people can comment on pics on facebook). She updated her profile to include the comment "the worst feeling in the world is when you realize that you're not really as important to people as you thought you were."

She has since taken that comment down within the last hour - I just went to see it and it's not there but had copied/pasted it to send to my sister. I'm SO SO SO over her at this point. I gave so many chances for her to apologize being the nice, forgiving person that I am...but it's sad that she does not see that she has done ANY wrong and is not taking any responsibility, only sees me as an evil person who does not appreciate her skankiness.

I'm so glad I didn't back out of the trip and even invited another last minute because I could afford to do so and have so many great pics I put up that obviously rubbed her the wrong way. She did hers on a tiny budget with nothing to show for it, and thought I was out to ruin her trip which I could care less about. She thought she'd intimidate me to not going if she wasn't going to be with me, so I am feeling much stronger and better.

(as far as moving up to first class - i personally do not like first class - it's not as fun as being with the crowd in the back lol but that's me)

Well Fun, i am glad you had a good trip, and it sounds like your "friend" has truly shown her true colours.

Sometimes friends need to be demoted to "acquaintances"

Glad you had fun!

Do remember to post the pics on LS when you are ready. :) I like vacation pictures. :bunny::bunny:

Clearly from the beginning this girl was going to try and use you for a luxery trip !

When you balked and wondered if you were being used ( and you were ) she got nasty.

You have lost nothing . She was not a friend . Just a user.

Glad you had a great time !

How horrifying to see her next to you on the plane. I never imagined that. Glad you held your head up high and you did NOT get used entirely.

I think you are going to learn from this and be an even stronger person :)