All at once

Oh, and to those who've asked in PMs, my skin cancer procedure has been approved by my insurance so that'll be done late March. I'll know about the abdominal stuff next week.

Holding thumbs for you WF - you're in my thoughts constantly.

I saw MM yesterday and he keeps saying we'll get through this. How did I get so lucky? I could have met a guy who would just disappear through all of this and here he still is in my life. Some would call it ironic, but I feel so blessed. Even though I have pennies in my bank account (now that H decided to pull out of our joint account) and my car is running on fumes, after yesterday I feel on top of the world.

It's not LUCK, WF - you deserve a great guy who values you and appreciates you for who you are. It's a pity that those very values which draw you to him keep him stuck with his W, but some guys even in part are worth so much more than other guys in full.

(((hugs)))

Hang in there WF...

You're going through hell right now.. it must be 'psychologically draining' but hang in there..

I am sending you good vibes... and my little voice is telling me that you'll be fine.. (health-wise).

You're strong... and you'll be even stronger after this ordeal...

((((HUGS)))) :love:

LakesideDream
Hi guys.

I'll know about the date for the skin cancer removal next week and have what I think might be my final ultrasound on the ovary tomorrow. I hope and pray the cyst has shrunk or disappeared. We'll see.

Well, H saw my lawyer today and found out that he'll have to give up at least 4 years of paper work on his 'investing', otherwise called an asset search. After hearing this, he decided to talk to me. He hasn't spoken to me in a long time, so this was weird.

He offered to just walk away with his car and the clothes on his back. I'm tempted to take it, but do you think he's hiding more money than I think he's hidden? Any thoughts? Or should I take it and run?

Thanks a bunch, and to those who've said a prayer and kept their fingers crossed, a million thanks.

WF.

WF, how much money do you think a real player can hide, and keep hidden? If we are suspecting six figure sums, you might have a point.

One thing you can do literally to insure that your house isn't secretly encumbered if to force him to buy a Title insurance policy before transferring it (and the equity) to you. Those TI people are absolutely vicious, and seldom make mistakes. Even if they do, it's called insurance for a reason. They take the hit not you.

I'm happy to hear your health problems are getting sorted. I've been in the dirt myself this last week with a recurring (and incurable) problem. I sure the physical stress of making this move brought it on. I'm getting better though.

Should you take his offer? How much really do you think is at stake? It's obvious to me that he's trying to hide things, which could be the depth of his financial screw ups, or possibly something worse. You should have an idea how "bad" it could be. If it really couldn't be TO bad, the stress relief of having it over may be worth the dollars not recovered.

Good thoughts as always,

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
White Flower

I had the skin cancer removed today! Feels like I've been socked in the face, but I'm glad it's over. Now I only have to focus on graduating, the ovarian cyst, my divorce, finding a place to live, transferring to university, and finding a new job, lol. But it's all good. I'm still smiling.

• Author
White Flower
WF, how much money do you think a real player can hide, and keep hidden? If we are suspecting six figure sums, you might have a point.

One thing you can do literally to insure that your house isn't secretly encumbered if to force him to buy a Title insurance policy before transferring it (and the equity) to you. Those TI people are absolutely vicious, and seldom make mistakes. Even if they do, it's called insurance for a reason. They take the hit not you.

I'm happy to hear your health problems are getting sorted. I've been in the dirt myself this last week with a recurring (and incurable) problem. I sure the physical stress of making this move brought it on. I'm getting better though.

Should you take his offer? How much really do you think is at stake? It's obvious to me that he's trying to hide things, which could be the depth of his financial screw ups, or possibly something worse. You should have an idea how "bad" it could be. If it really couldn't be TO bad, the stress relief of having it over may be worth the dollars not recovered.

Good thoughts as always,

Sorry, LSD, I just only noticed this post. I was penalized for posting an embedded url instead of a regular one (by mistake of course) and did not see this post.

My lawyer told me flat out that my H offered me crap. He offered me a house that is not worth what it was when he refied it last year. He could have offered to pay it off first or promise to pay it off in payments but he didn't do any of that. We'll probably have to sell unless the asset search proves there is cash hiding somewhere. I doubt it. He's not getting up with the 6am NYSE bell so I think he's lost it all. And you're right, the stress is not worth it so I won't fight too long but that is what the lawyer is for. If we find nothing, that's OK. It's the principal of the matter.

So it's all up in the air for now. Don't know which way is up but strangely enough I'm not afraid. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Tell me about your incurable problem here or PM me if you like. I hope it all turns out OK, LSD.