What do people who regularly visit LS have in common?

Nomad1

They are all sensitive people. All are givers and not takers. You know that you have moved on when you visit LS less frequently and when you do so, it will be to share success stories about the new YOU or the new lovely person in your life. YOU WILL THEN HAVE MOVED ON. I appreciate that there are many people on here who have moved on, but who continue to visit LS to support others. That is highgly commendable.

Nomad1

And one additional one....

We are all addicted to this community. :D

Actually, the longer one stays, the more likely one is to make cyberfriends. This community becomes like a coffee group that meets every day. Then it is more than just helping someone. It becomes an anonymous support group. So has been my experience.

I first started coming to LS in 1999. I think it's impossible to get to a point in your life where you aren't asking for advice...I think we're all in a constant process of growth and renewal and the great thing about LS is that everyone shares that so honestly.

Plus it's a great way to kill time at work when you are (a) procrastinating or (b) bored.

there are too many nice personalities here to just turn and walk away...

folks with good, strong advice - and some fun banter along the way that makes my day!

melodymatters

...And sometimes it's worth it just to read someones signature line ! BO; I LOVE "owl jolson" and forgot all about it ! Have you watched it on youtube ?

...And sometimes it's worth it just to read someones signature line ! BO; I LOVE "owl jolson" and forgot all about it ! Have you watched it on youtube ?

Yes, and that song is stuck in my head now! I keep whistling/humming it. :laugh:

ElvenPriestess

I do tend to think of LS as a support group. And I have wondered often the stories behind how people came to find and join this site.:-)

I think a lot of people on here secretly want to bone one-another but can't because of distance. We come back after we have healed because we like to flirt, connect, and be intimate with those we'd like to bone.

I know that is crude, but there are many women on LS who I would date in real life. I come back because it is enjoyable to talk to quality women. It gives me hope and motivation that there are more out there, in my city even, and that eventually I will find them. This is honestly why I come back. I'm impressed by the quality of women here. It's fun to connect to them and support them and sometimes flirt with them. Take that with a grain of salt.

ElvenPriestess

OPPATH: I think that's a very honest answer which is good, and utilizing your sources to help you maintain hope in your life is a very positive thing. Which I believe many of us tend to do here.:love:

82knightrider
I do tend to think of LS as a support group. And I have wondered often the stories behind how people came to find and join this site.:-)

I found this site when I found out my ex was cheating. That night I got hammered and did a google search for "cheating girlfriend"

ElvenPriestess
I found this site when I found out my ex was cheating. That night I got hammered and did a google search for "cheating girlfriend"

Wow. I started when I was having a discussion about what attracts men physically, I looked up different surveys about thin, big, flat chested, big chested, etc. When I googled for surveys on women's chest size a thread about it came up. Fell in love ever since.:cool:

I think a lot of people on here secretly want to bone one-another but can't because of distance. We come back after we have healed because we like to flirt, connect, and be intimate with those we'd like to bone.

I know that is crude, but there are many women on LS who I would date in real life. I come back because it is enjoyable to talk to quality women. It gives me hope and motivation that there are more out there, in my city even, and that eventually I will find them. This is honestly why I come back. I'm impressed by the quality of women here. It's fun to connect to them and support them and sometimes flirt with them. Take that with a grain of salt.

:lmao: Wait... that's mostly true. Even boning aside, I couldn't even comprehend the level on which I can relate to a lot of people here. It's almost scary. Why is that so hard to find in the real world?

ElvenPriestess
:lmao: Wait... that's mostly true. Even boning aside, I couldn't even comprehend the level on which I can relate to a lot of people here. It's almost scary. Why is that so hard to find in the real world?

The age old question. You're on a computer, you can type what you want to say, backspace when you want to change it with out it ever being seen, and most of us here just really open up in a way that only the anonymous status makes it comfortable to do. No strings attached here.;)

I have to agree with you, there. I find that I can very easily relate to a wide variety of people who post on here regularly...which is weird because I have some difficulty relating to folks I run into on a regular basis IRL (this may be my geographical location in the land of good ol' boys).

I have moved on from the original reason why I joined LS, and as some of you know, have since met the man of my dreams and will be Mrs. Wonderboy in less than a years time.

I liked the morning coffee group analogy- there are people on here who I "know" pretty well, even though we have never met in person, and there are many people who I like and care about.

I just had two weeks off LS while on holiday- and so much has happened!

ElvenPriestess
PS- Oppath- would you let this anywhere near your boner?

<====================================

:lmao: Made me laugh. thank you sb129

Yeah, I liked that analogy too. It fits. Morning coffee or evening drinks over some chit chat with friends. That's what it is to me NOW.

:lmao: Made me laugh. thank you sb129

You're welcome. I rode (:laugh:) that guy while on holiday. He was the grumpiest camel in the Middle East.

His breath was HONKING.

ElvenPriestess
You're welcome. I rode (:laugh:) that guy while on holiday. He was the grumpiest camel in the Middle East.

His breath was HONKING.

Listerine strip anyone?

• Author

Oppath you are funny! Over the past 4 months, I have had 2 offers of intimacy with very intelligent, mature and beatiful women, but each time I made an excuse to leave. Only last night, I went for dinner with this woman that I got to know over Christmas, she invited me back to her appartment, we had some wine and it was obvious that she wanted to get intimate, but I panicked and said I had to leave around 10pm. I promised her that I would go back to see her next week perhaps. It has been 4 months since I split up with my wife and although I was initimate with her on a few occasions, I miss the physical intimacy with a woman, but I just can't seem to want to go ahead with it with other women. I am sure that I will enjoy it I just have to take the plunge.

Hey why don't we organise a weekend get together somewhere in the world? Anyone interested?

Nomad1

ElvenPriestess
Oppath you are funny! Over the past 4 months, I have had 2 offers of intimacy with very intelligent, mature and beatiful women, but each time I made an excuse to leave. Only last night, I went for dinner with this woman that I got to know over Christmas, she invited me back to her appartment, we had some wine and it was obvious that she wanted to get intimate, but I panicked and said I had to leave around 10pm. I promised her that I would go back to see her next week perhaps. It has been 4 months since I split up with my wife and although I was initimate with her on a few occasions, I miss the physical intimacy with a woman, but I just can't seem to want to go ahead with it with other women. I am sure that I will enjoy it I just have to take the plunge.

Hey why don't we organise a weekend get together somewhere in the world? Anyone interested?

Nomad1

That would take a miracle and a half. Haha.

Nomad1

In my tenure at LS there have been several attempts at get-togethers without much success. AFAIK the moderators frown on this sort of talk.

I think we're all some kind of 'Dear Abbey's' wannabes... :laugh:

It's kind of looking who's 'around the table' for a talk... then if no one is interesting... we leave .. only to come back later to see who's around the table again... ;)