Everybody Knows Christ

Keep searching, keep studying, and keep refining your, "philosophy". The more you do, the more it'll point DIRECTLY to God Himself.......

The opposite seems to be true.

The more we learn, the fewer and fewer gaps in our knowledge there are for god to reign over.

Slowly but surely, he's being edged out the door to make room for truth.

If I want to believe that Gad created everything then why even bother to acquire anymore knowledge?
To learn more about Him....that's why. Science is flattery to God in my opinion. We try to figure out how He built these things, how He made them work, and why....
Aren't you a farmer Moose?
Ummmm no.
Any plants or animals you have grown were domesticated, well how does that work?
I have no clue where you're trying to go with this....can you be a little more specific?
Slowly but surely, he's being edged out the door to make room for truth.
I think that depends on how you look at it.....I'm not worried....you'll see truth one of these days, everyone will.

I use a blue tooth phone thingy.... I have never bothered to find out why it works or how... just not that interested to bother at this point.

But because I don't know how it works I do not say it was created by magic elves.

Recently I read an article about using salt water as fuel..... interesting indeed.

I don't know all the details as that is not my area of expertise. Again, I will not say it is a divine miracle created by a super being simply because I can not explain how it works at this time.

And his point was?

I think that it is the opposite of arrogance to utilize and adhere to the rules of critical thinking.

His point was "Jesus is well-known" IMO.

The opposite of arrogance is humility, and by being humble people admit they don't have all the answers. They are human.

And in accepting one's own humility there is a greater acceptance of knowing that others may not have all the answers either.

So to base beliefs on someone's "critical thinking" you'd have to stop and see for yourself who is that someone and why is their thinking so right?

Religion is needed to keep the masses glued together.

I can only imagine the chaos that would occur if proof was put out there that the religious writings of our current time were just myth. People who believed would feel betrayed.

People may lose their reason to live. Which I don't understand - never got why people that were thinking heaven was so great would fight so hard to put off their arrival there.

Of course the Jim Joners took a more active stance in trying to get to heaven.

KenzieAbsolutely
Not really. We've all heard plenty about Christ and Christianity throughout our lives regardless of whether we are or are not Christians.

You can't avoid it, really. History, literature, geography, art, music, science, etc., are impossible to study without Christianity all over the place. Not to mention pop culture. I've seen "John 3:16" waving around banners at football games. You'd have to live in a cave to never hear about Christianity.

seriously. i don't get the point of this thread at all.

i know a lot about a lot of things i have nothing to do with. so what?

seriously. i don't get the point of this thread at all.

i know a lot about a lot of things i have nothing to do with. so what?

Exactly.

I'm not a racist, but if I see a self-proclaimed racist talking to a person of another race, I can say that that is a non-racist thing to do.

I use a blue tooth phone thingy.... I have never bothered to find out why it works or how... just not that interested to bother at this point.

But because I don't know how it works I do not say it was created by magic elves.

Ahh, how true. But you would never say that this "blue tooth phone thingy" (I like that BTW. :laugh: ) appeared from some pile of parts magically either without the help of anyone, would you?

Ahh, how true. But you would never say that this "blue tooth phone thingy" (I like that BTW. :laugh: ) appeared from some pile of parts magically either without the help of anyone, would you?

Do you mean like the silicone atoms that make up the semiconductors? That came from an exploding star...

Do you mean like the silicone atoms that make up the semiconductors? That came from an exploding star...
(Don't mean to speak for JamesM but)......

YES!

please don't start with the brownie batter theory again..(god had to stir it).... :lmao::lmao:

Guess what happens if you just have an egg, some milk, and chocolate in a bowl and don't stir it?

it grows life...... furry fungus moldy crap.... which could maybe turn into a nice mushroom for your salad.

I might have one of these in my frig..... a divine holy creation.

As for my blue tooth thingy.... perhaps is it a magical genius super being that put it together - his name is Bob.

I was called a "super" being yesterday because of one of my feats...... still I don't proclaim myself as a god because I created something that seemed magical to other people.

And as a matter of fact i don't remember reading any of the stuff about stars exploding in the bible.

got to ask....... are you looking for validation for your beliefs or trying to save some souls?

I ate dinner with catholics last night ...... I did not participate in the dinner prayer. But I respected their ritual. I did not try to save them from themselves and their silly fantasy. - poor lost souls :rolleyes:

side note*

I will admit I informed their child that feigning explosive trots could allow him to escape at least a few days of his religion classes he is being forced to take. Not anything against his religion - but he really does not want to go.

The atoms came from an exploding star...
No kidding....you're right up there with einstein..... where did the star come from?
please don't start with the brownie batter theory again..(god had to stir it).... :lmao::lmao:
He started it! :p
And as a matter of fact i don't remember reading any of the stuff about stars exploding in the bible.
Me neither. There are alot of subjects you won't find in the bible. For example, It's not the first place I look when needing to tune my vehicle....:rolleyes:
no kidding einstein..... Where did the star come from?He started it! :pMe neither. There are alot of subjects you won't find in the bible. For examole, It's not the first place I look when needing to tune my vehicle....:rolleyes:

ehhhh........ can't you just pray your vehicle stays running?

not being smartassy, but logically that should work if you believe.

Now don't start with me Moose or I will tie you up and force feed you fungus brownies while spanking you to the beat of "It's raining Men"......there are praise based lyrics in that tune so you might dig it? :p :p

ehhhh........ can't you just pray your vehicle stays running? not being smartassy, but logically that should work if you believe.
This is a common misconception. Answered prayer(s) are based on one's Faith.

Christ even said that IF we had enough Faith, we could perform all the miracles, (some even greater), than He did.

There isn't one man, (or woman) on Earth who has that amount of faith......

So no, prayer wouldn't keep my vehicle running because I know too much about what keeps it from running. Thus, my knowledge in mechanics debunks and destroys the Faith I would have in God to handle the problem.

Sounds familiar......doesn't it?

Christ even said that IF we had enough Faith, we could perform all the miracles, (some even greater), than He did.

So no, prayer wouldn't keep my vehicle running because I know too much about what keeps it from running. Thus, my knowledge in mechanics debunks and destroys the Faith I would have in God to handle the problem.

So ignorance of things allows a god to work miracles in the view of the faithful?

What are religious people hoping for from their gods?

Wow... that sounds so stupid it hurts my brain...

The star came from light gasses massing together...

And those gases came from a big bang, and yes we are still working on figuring that one out but as long as we don't exterminate each other first I think we are well on our way...

So ignorance of things allows a god to work miracles in the view of the faithful?
Interesting way of putting it.....but no....that's not what I meant.

My knowledge of mechanics acts as a brick wall keeping Faith away. BUT, if someone with greater Faith were to pray about it, God may allow it to happen.

What are religious people hoping for from their gods?
Well, I don't know about every religious person, but personally, I hope for a greater personal relationship with God.
And those gases came from a big bang, and yes we are still working on figuring that one out but as long as we don't exterminate each other first I think we are well on our way...
"big bang"......

Ok....now we're getting somewhere....you believe in the, "big bang" theory.....

So...there had to be a cause, and we are the effect.....

When you do, "figure" this one out.....remember that some of us had the answer long before you did.....

ehh...... Moose I don't think the pope could make a car run just through prayer..... not going to happen.

not sure what the need is to buddy up to a god either?

Friends just kinda take each other for what they are.

Sounds more like the need to attempt to impress a parental figure and try to get their approval and love?

"big bang"......

Ok....now we're getting somewhere....you believe in the, "big bang" theory.....

So...there had to be a cause, and we are the effect.....

When you do, "figure" this one out.....remember that some of us had the answer long before you did.....

Moose you cannot say that because people before you thought they had the answers as well....... that whole Apollo sun in the chariot thing was believed before you folks came on the scene.

ehh...... Moose I don't think the pope could make a car run just through prayer..... not going to happen.
I agree! 110% :laugh:
not sure what the need is to buddy up to a god either?
Not, "a" God....THE God. I don't want to go into why in this thread, it's quite personal.....
His point was "Jesus is well-known" IMO.

Ummmm, ok. Jesus is well known.

The opposite of arrogance is humility, and by being humble people admit they don't have all the answers. They are human.

And in accepting one's own humility there is a greater acceptance of knowing that others may not have all the answers either.

I don't even have 1% of "the answers". But to say I don't know everything is not to suggest that I don't know anything.

In point of fact, you are taking man's word for things you and they could not possibly know and asserting that such is "true."

So to base beliefs on someone's "critical thinking" you'd have to stop and see for yourself who is that someone and why is their thinking so right?

It doesn't matter who the person is. Statements stand or fall on their own merit, regardless of who makes them. I can tell that their thinking is correct because I know what a fallacy is. It's actually pretty easy, actually.

How do you determine what is valid and what is not?