Is this true

That's true, there's no explaining chemistry.

But I still think that it's important to consider the stage of life you're at. And age is somewhat important there. If there's a big age difference (20 year old female and 50 year old male, for example), there's more incongruity than similarity in what each one of them is looking for, in life.

Although when both parties are above a certain age, it does becomes easier to find similarities and equivalent maturity levels. The relationship still retains some inherent peculiarities vis-a-vis a "similar-age" relationship, but it can very well be a successful one nevertheless.

You're absolutely correct. I was going to add the "stage of life" language, but my elderly hands got tired from typing. :D

Seriously, I won't date any woman who's in the stage of life where she wants to have and raise kids: Been there, and still doing that.

Nothing's so ridiculous as a 55-60 year old guy with a 28-35 year old wife who's changing diapers and pushing a baby carriage--when his kids from family no. 1 have already graduated college. He looks like a grandfather.

In my jaundiced eyes, those granddad-dads look silly.

No sex is that good.

What's with all the references to older men and ED issues? I don't get it. My ex was 53 when we split and he never, ever had any stamina issues at all. Wanted it all the time. And my H is 52 and his story is the same sexually...no issues whatsoever. I don't see any difference between my H at 52 and when we met when he was 39. If anything, he lasts a little longer...and that's a good thing.:)

I don't think it's as common as people think for an older man to have all these stamina issues.

Anyway, given a choice between an older guy and a younger one (if I were single), I'd pick the older guy every time. I always have. The younger guy would just be a fantasy but not a reality I'd want to explore.

The fact of the matter is that everyone, everyone has baggage of one kind of another. But in my experience, older men are better at carrying their load as a rule.

Dang Touche,

Just when I was ready to enroll in those graduate courses, you come in and make a good point.

The fact of the matter is that everyone, everyone has baggage of one kind of another. But in my experience, older men are better at carrying their load as a rule.

To me that translates to older men are better players - juggling and fooling around with many women behind their backs, whereas younger men are more sincere and get caught if they try those games, being amatures with lighter baggage. Same size bags, only they're not so full or overstuffed just yet (with cr*p)

No fair. :D

If I post I like little girls, I'll probably wind up eating chocolate chip cookies with Chris Hansen one day.

-tp

wonders if Chris Hansen's admirers pose as pedophiles to meet him?

I wasn't posting about children.....

When I think of younger men I think of the inability to even own a car...

no job, no "grown up stuff".

Of course there are plenty of 45+ year old younger men around.

I wasn't posting about children.....

When I think of younger men I think of the inability to even own a car...

no job, no "grown up stuff".

Of course there are plenty of 45+ year old younger men around.

a4a, your comment about the 45+ year old man-child made me think about a self-critical remark the now deceased great Swedish film director Ingmar Bergman made about himself.

Bergman, who was married 5 times, and constantly had new ladies, once said that he finally left puberty when he turned 58.

There's some truth, there.

Trialbyfire

Btw, some of my posts haven't been serious. ;)

Date who you want, within reason. Just make sure they want you for all the right reasons.

If you're older, don't buy them. If you're younger, don't expect them to take care of you.

Overall, don't use another person, unless it's mutual use. Make sure your maturity level and goals in life are similar, regardless of age.

Trialbyfire

Thanks unders. I hope you don't mind if I ask for your honest opinion. Do you think they look good on me or should I consider something with no lace?

Btw, some of my posts haven't been serious. ;)

Date who you want, within reason. Just make sure they want you for all the right reasons.

If you're older, don't buy them. If you're younger, don't expect them to take care of you.

Overall, don't use another person, unless it's mutual use. Make sure your maturity level and goals in life are similar, regardless of age.

Very nice. Well said.

Thanks unders. I hope you don't mind if I ask for your honest opinion. Do you think they look good on me or should I consider something with no lace?

He he he,

Well, I guess if you were after a younger man then I would suggest no lace, thongs, or nothing. They will probably just be ripping the off very fast.

With an older gentleman maybe more lacey. A very old gentleman, definately lacey. They may need the tactile difference to know where to go. Cateracts you know.

This_Too_Shall_Pass

Bergman, who was married 5 times, and constantly had new ladies, once said that he finally left puberty when he turned 58.

There's some truth, there.

I think that's pretty accurate.

I find that I get along much better with men who are 45+, with only a couple of exceptions. I'm talking in the context of a mental, person-to-person connection here, though.

He he he,

Well, I guess if you were after a younger man then I would suggest no lace, thongs, or nothing. They will probably just be ripping the off very fast.

With an older gentleman maybe more lacey. A very old gentleman, definately lacey. They may need the tactile difference to know where to go. Cateracts you know.

Now that's just mean! :D

I find that I get along much better with men who are 45+, with only a couple of exceptions. I'm talking in the context of a mental, person-to-person connection here, though.

thats cause those men generally don't have their heads up their asses like guys your age. life experience is a wonderful thing.

This_Too_Shall_Pass
thats cause those men generally don't have their heads up their asses like guys your age. life experience is a wonderful thing.

Indeedy. Very true.

I find that I get along much better with men who are 45+,

I'm the opposite. Ever since my mid twenties I've found it easier to attract and relate to younger guys. I think maybe it's just that although I'm generally quite shy, younger men somehow get me into a comfort zone whereby I can start to relax and just have a bit of fun rather than stressing about what the guy is thinking of me. I never seem to feel so comfortable, accepted or liked by older men.

Do any other women find this, or is it just me?

I'm the opposite. Ever since my mid twenties I've found it easier to attract and relate to younger guys. I think maybe it's just that although I'm generally quite shy, younger men somehow get me into a comfort zone whereby I can start to relax and just have a bit of fun rather than stressing about what the guy is thinking of me. I never seem to feel so comfortable, accepted or liked by older men.

I would say that applies in different ways to each of the age brackets. When I'm with younger guys I feel like I'm in charge and I can get bossy, but they seem to like it and put up with it compared to girls their age who are more submissive, so yes I can relax and have fun.

With older men it seems like they are so grateful to be with a younger woman that again whatever I say or do seems to be win-win so I tend to be able to relax and be myself, and feel comfortable and accepted.

The third group - men my own age - I can relate on a different level. It's like we have a history at the get-go having been raised during the same time and experienced similar things, so I tend to be able to be myself, and get along in that way.

• Author
burning 4 revenge

Is this a justification for liking a fresher, harder body?
Trialbyfire

To turn this around a bit, I must admit there are some men older than myself, with very nice hard bodies.

To turn this around a bit, I must admit there are some men older than myself, with very nice hard bodies.

True....and a wolf needs some tough meat to keep its jaw exercised. Not to mention crunchy brittle bones to maintain its teeth.

Trialbyfire
True....and a wolf needs some tough meat to keep its jaw exercised. Not to mention crunchy brittle bones to maintain its teeth.

We are not cannibals, only predators. What do you call a female wolf? Okay, you've pegged me...

I agree, and I've been raisin' kids LONG enough!:p

Hmm...hmmm...hmmmm...hmmmmm...