Which do you prefer? Great Looks or Great personality

Melissa24

Why does the nice guy have to be fat and nerdy and the hot guy a jerk? :(

What about a hot guy who's nice? :D

because thats the way it is in life....the guy who has more to offer (looks, money, etc) will be able to take advantage of more women more frequently mainly cause he has a bigger supply.

the fat & nerdy guy will be "nice guy" cause he gets lots fewer women and therefore has less experience with them. since he has much lesser supply of women he will be more despreate and attentive.

Not any old slut, no, but I think I give personality more priority than most women do in the pure sense.

I know we'll never come to an agreement about it, but I honestly think that men are far less superficial than women. If personality was such a great commodity then I'd have women beating down my door

Sorry but personality IS a big deal with women, I mean is personality genuinely a factor in your case? I mean no disrespect, but in your case IS personality really your "commodity?"

Perhaps it is..but is your personality enough for a woman to overcome your deficiencies?

And do you really think that you give personality more of a priority than women do in the "pure sense?"

How ridiculous is that?

Prove it.

How about starting with defining the term "pure sense?" How is the way you judge/choose a woman more "pure" than the way she judges/chooses you?

Are you also one of those people who thinks their shyt don't stink?

This_Too_Shall_Pass

Looks or personality??

Well, DUH, I want both!

Don't ask me to pick just one. That's like giving me a car with no wheels.

because thats the way it is in life....the guy who has more to offer (looks, money, etc) will be able to take advantage of more women more frequently mainly cause he has a bigger supply.

the fat & nerdy guy will be "nice guy" cause he gets lots fewer women and therefore has less experience with them. since he has much lesser supply of women he will be more despreate and attentive.

Just because a guy has more to offer does not mean that he is going to take advantage of women. Did it ever occur to you that some guys have hearts and morals?

Looks or personality??

Well, DUH, I want both!

Don't ask me to pick just one. That's like giving me a car with no wheels.

And you know what? That's the answer to the OP's question. Why should we have to choose?

Why can't we have both? I required it and demanded it and I got it.

I'm no better than anyone else. So why shouldn't any of you require both and receive both?

burning 4 revenge

Perhaps it is..but is your personality enough for a woman to overcome your deficiencies?

If you mean physical and financial defeciencies then I'd say no and you know that. What gets me is that women say things will turn out ok when they know in reality they wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole. I think that's what gets a lot of guys upset is the ego-stroking and coddling when they know that they're not taken seriously as a " real man" and theres nothing they can ever do to earn that respect.

And I think that a woman in my circumstances would fair much better, because men don't always expect "the whole package". But that's part of being a man and the fact theat I think and complain about it so much is a feminine trait and I despise it. I should just pay the occasional hooker when I need some female company and acept that Im not what women want and go on about my business.

This_Too_Shall_Pass
And you know what? That's the answer to the OP's question. Why should we have to choose?

Why can't we have both? I required it and demanded it and I got it.

I'm no better than anyone else. So why shouldn't any of you require both and receive both?

Yeeeah!! Thank you, Touche. Is there a reason to compromise? Do we HAVE to be Mother Teresa?

I should just pay the occasional hooker when I need some female company and acept that Im not what women want and go on about my business.

well we're gonna pay for it one way or another.

burning 4 revenge

Thats ridiculous. Your very attractive and don't have any health problems Im aware of, so you were in a position to be demanding (TTSP also) but not everyone is.
This_Too_Shall_Pass
Thats ridiculous. Your very attractive and don't have any health problems Im aware of, so you were in a position to be demanding (TTSP also) but not everyone is.

B4R! I was just posting in a lighter vein.

I'm not saying that looks and personality make no difference - they are "nice to have". But then, someone who has a great personality in my eyes, may not be regarded as such by the next woman.

I am definitely demanding in what I want. But trust me, it's got nothing to do with choosing looks over personality or vice-versa. If I come across a guy, and he is gorgeous-looking, that's good. If he has a good personality, that's awesome.

But the very next moment, they all will have to pass my long list of "should have" qualities...which are not related to looks or personality. If he passes muster, he will have me at his side.

And being in good health - that is often beyond a person's control. I don't harp on things that are not of your own choosing.

You know what? I agree with everything you said in your previous post. (The one before this last one.) You're right. I'm not going to lie and be disingenous.

But the fact of the matter is is that you're better looking than I'd say 80 or 90% of men I've encountered. You're also smarter than most. Your so called "health problems" are negligible and very questionable. You're one of those people who can actually afford to be demanding.

It's too bad you don't see that for now.

RecordProducer
hot women are going to gravitate to hot men, and vice versa,
Not all women, but most women will lose their head for a good-looking guy; the difference is that some will want more while the empty-headed women wil fall merely for the good looks. I still think that most people look for the whole package rather than focus on great looks, neglecting the rest.

What I mean is that some superhot girl may think she is picking based on personality, ignoring the fact that she is subconciously excluding 95% of the guys out there because of looks.
Why are we talking about super-hot girls? 95% of the male and female population is NOT super-hot. I don't see that the unattractive people are single, while 5% have wild fun.

You can argu it all you want but the facts are on my side!
What facts? Just like you argue that people are drawn to good looks, I assure you that most people are also drawn to a good personality - and turned off by bad personality. Falling for the good-looking trash is mere stupidity. People genuinely want the whole package, but then shrink their criteria to a cute ass. But this is the case with many other features as well, especially for women. A woman will be delighted to meet a successful, enevr-married, good-looking docotr. And he may easily be Mr. Wrong.
RecordProducer
If personality was such a great commodity then I'd have women beating down my door
OK, now we know you're humble.. what other qualities do you have? :laugh:
DanielMadr

For hot guy who's nice go only fat and nerdy women.

You wouldnt believe how much of a jerk one has to be to pick up any decent chic.:laugh:

• 1 month later...

It's very hard for me to extricate looks from personality. I've found guys hot who most other women wouldn't. But often it's something about their appearance that attracts me, even if by conventional standards they're not that hot. So they might be average looking by convention, but an 8 or 9 to me. It gets even more confusing because the reason I find them hot looking is usually because their appearance suggests a certain type of personality. Like they might have a very expressive, intelligent or intense looking face. Now if a guy had an amazing personality but nothing about his phsyical appearance intrigued me, I don't think I could be physically attracted to him.

doiask42much
no just kidding, I just think it's hilarious that every woman on this board is going to spout the personality line but when you go out you know darn well that hot women are going to gravitate to hot men, and vice versa, and all this stuff about personality is only true RELATIVE to guys that they think are hot enough.

What I mean is that some superhot girl may think she is picking based on personality, ignoring the fact that she is subconciously excluding 95% of the guys out there because of looks.

You can argu it all you want but the facts are on my side!

I admit that I'd choose a hot guy initially if I had the choice, but after having sex with him and finding him dull, he would not be a keeper. I guess the question needs to be defined more clearly. What are we choosing the men for? Shagging or an LTR? No personality over the long term gets old real fast; it's not because women are trying to look PC here. Boring people are just, well, boring, no matter what they look like.

I Definitely will pick personality over looks anyday! I have had men grow on me that I wan't attracted to in the beginning... all the sudden they are SEXY AS HELL!

doiask42much

And I'm a chatty sort so I talk to all kinds of people, ugly and not, so yes, I do give them the opportunity to show me their personality, if they choose to.

I guess this thread seems a bit pointless to me. We all agree (except for socialight) that an average-looking guy can become more attractive based on what he says and does and that personality can't compensate for hideous looks. And that if we could have both looks and personality, we'd want both. What else is there to discuss?

I admit that I'd choose a hot guy initially if I had the choice, but after having sex with him and finding him dull, he would not be a keeper. I guess the question needs to be defined more clearly. What are we choosing the men for? Shagging or an LTR? No personality over the long term gets old real fast; it's not because women are trying to look PC here. Boring people are just, well, boring, no matter what they look like.

OK, so you'll "shag" the hot guy, but without personality, you won't have an LTR with hiim. OTOH, most not-so-hot guys will drift out if you don't spend enough time with them to appreciate their personality, especially if you're putting them in the "friend zone" while you're shagging the hot guys.

In the context of "nice guy" discussions, "nice guy" is a guy who feels is he considerate and respectful toward women, but fails to generate much romatic/sexual interest.

This definition excludes guys who are considered hot by women, even those who are considerate and respectful toward women. A guy who looks like Brad Pitt, usually has a gf at any given time and is considerate & resepctful would not be referred to as a "nice guy."