Should I go?

EricOnTheWeb
Well she was a pretty good friend when she lived here, I don't see her much since she moved out of state. She is someone I would like to keep in touch with but I think it may not happen no matter if I go to the wedding or not.

I have talked to her about marring him, she has come to me many times telling me all the crap he's done and ho bad he treats her. Then he'll buy her a cd or something or not yell at her for a day and all the abuse is erased :rolleyes:

I think that these woman find that they cannot find anyone better,meaning they have to settle for trash like this. Wonder if she has some self esteem issues? I have this thing for slap happy drunken,dumbasses... I hate them,and they seem to get all the woman they want..

I wish she would get out of that marriage,I hate to see people settle for this kind of abuse.

Thanks. I'm probably not going to go.

I think thats the right decision.

I sort of believe what Alpha said on the previous page, once she's off married to him the friendship probably won't continue anyways.

its oK, you'll meet new friends...and it doesn't mean you can't stay in contact with her, like phone calls and stuff.

EricOnTheWeb
I think thats the right decision.

like phone calls and stuff.

I still think she should go,but totally naked.

Yes contact with phone calls and EMAIL!!

Wow, I read through this whole thread and changed my answer several times!

But I think that serialmuse, with the help of touche, has it right. I originally had the thought of "yes, go and support her" (even though I am Not a fan of weddings, even though I had one once myself). But it seems this might be the time, as suggested by SM and Tche, to reevaluate the friendship. It's not an easy call. So how are you leaning now?

Great Gazoo

If it was a close friend I think you should go no matter what. It is something that only you can answer how close of a friend she is to you. If she is a very close friend the friendship should stand through thick or thin. It is something I think is very important in a persons character. It is something I realize I have to work on myself.

I know its sad and you don't agree with her choice but it reminds me of that song with Eve and Faith Evans, Love is Blind, it is a song about a abusive relationship, The main verse being

Love is blind, and love is blind

It will take over your mind

What you think is love may truly not be

You need to elevate and find

Anyways good luck in your decision if it is not already made.