Ladies: What Kind of Scent do you like your Man to Wear?

Trialbyfire

Somehow I believe you. :)

Really, I think I could enjoy most men's fragrances if I enjoyed the man wearing it. On the other hand, if you rub me the wrong way (not literally, but figuratively) I might just develop a strong distaste for a certain scent.

So if he rubbed you the wrong way literally, you wouldn't mind?;)

dropdeadlegs
So if he rubbed you the wrong way literally, you wouldn't mind?;)

I think magichands/tragicglands/pelagicsands has rubbed off on you. ;)

Regardless, I can't seem to speak without leaving myself open to some kind of innuendo. I try to gently close the door, but end up opening it up wider. Oh gee, here I go again. :o

Maybe I should just run with it! :laugh:

• Author
Trialbyfire

Armani Acqua di Gio seems to be one of the most appealing male colognes, at least in the opinion of the female members posting in this thread.

IfWishesWereHorses

I love Aqua di Gio and Kennet Cole on a man but my favorite scent, the one that drives me wild but is way tooo cheezy to wear in public, is Jovan Miusk!

I think magichands/tragicglands/pelagicsands has rubbed off on you. ;)

Regardless, I can't seem to speak without leaving myself open to some kind of innuendo. I try to gently close the door, but end up opening it up wider. Oh gee, here I go again. :o

Maybe I should just run with it! :laugh:

You know you're not the first to compare me to that crazy elephant. But I've said it before and I'll say it again, I must have rubbed off on HIM! Not the other way around.:p

So what is this about opening it up wider? Are you in the habit of doing that a lot?:laugh:

It depends because not everyone can wear the same one.

I do like Polo, Curve, Coolwater (men), Eternity, and a couple others.

I love and hate Obsession. My friend wears that and he smells sooooo good with it on but if I smell it out of the bottle it stinks. Go fig.

Star Gazer
I used to wear Escape for Men which is a little lighter. But once you smell Black on me you'll grow to like it through positive association. :cool:

While we were dating, one of my ex's went cologne shopping without me. Reason? He wore Escape for men and I didn't like it. I didn't offer my opinion, he just asked. (I think he wore too much of it too.) Anyway, he came home with that Kenneth Cole Black stuff, and I gagged again. It's TOO masculine or something. Woody. Foresty. (Sigh)

I dunno, I think I just like cologne that doesn't smell like cologne - just...a...clean man. A combo of deodorant, laundry scent, and hair product is really all it takes to drive me wild.

Come to think of it, my absolute FAVORITE right now is John Varvatos. That stuff is amazing... If you want to make the girls panty-drop, that's the stuff.

This_Too_Shall_Pass
While we were dating, one of my ex's went cologne shopping without me. Reason? He wore Escape for men and I didn't like it. I didn't offer my opinion, he just asked. (I think he wore too much of it too.) Anyway, he came home with that Kenneth Cole Black stuff, and I gagged again. It's TOO masculine or something. Woody. Foresty. (Sigh)

Yeah, Black is definitely a bit too masculine. And I know that the first whiff can actually make the voice in your head scream "Beware!"

But, there's a way to wear Black. It's not universally compatible like Acqua di Gio. It has to be subtly worn. With certain kinds of outfits, on certain occasions. If a guy is too liberal with it, it would definitely make you gag.

But still, there's something about Black. Not every guy can carry it off (Rejoice, Tanbark!) :cool:

I wonder why there are no takers for Bvlgari Aqua besides myself and TBF. Or should I say myself and myself :p

The one perfume I cannot stand on any guy is Eternity. "He" used to wear it. All the time. It's indelibly stamped in my memory, and the association is not pleasant.

If I smell Eternity on a guy, I go blank for a while. Then I bolt.

Storyrider

I have a bad association with Pumpkin Spice flavored Speed Stick. I posted about it once before--this Deadhead got me stoned and then talked my ear off for two hours, and he was wearing that deodorant. I can't stand it to this day.

Hermes has a great men's cologne. The notes are something like tobacco, geranium, leather, roses, and benzine. Weird combo, but it smells so good and original.

I can't really do the Aqua Di Gio on my guy cuz my gay ex roommate used to wear it so the scent association is all out of whack :D

Time for my favorite bizarre men's cologne story:

Once in a department store, I saw a VCR playing an ad for Calvin Klein's Obsession for Men, featuring a sullen-looking, heroin-chic stick-woman lopping off a huge length of her hair. Wondering what all the fuss was about, I put some on just for the hell of it. I didn't like it, and neither did Mrs. W25 --

... but our cat ... went ... NUTS! Sniffed at it wildly, nuzzled my wrist aggressively, let out numerous little squeak-meows, and started rapidly swatting my hand with her back feet! Wonder if it literally had catnip among its ingredients?...

Teddy and Jane
The men's thread made me wonder what you ladies prefer. Women tend to have a stronger preference than men, in reference to what they do and don't like their men to smell like.

So...what cologne, no cologne scents do you prefer?

I don't mind cologne on a man but I'm not really into it. I like the just out of the shower Irish Spring soap aura from a man.

• Author
Trialbyfire
I don't mind cologne on a man but I'm not really into it. I like the just out of the shower Irish Spring soap aura from a man.

Chock another up to "Eau de clean man", as patented by Stargazer. There's plenty of us that enjoy it too. Very sexy.