Holocaust Denial and Love

many white chritians feel this way, especially americans. its just that they cannot publicly air their sentiments any more.

Awww, ain't that a shame?

deaconblues

Yeah I would have to say that if I was dating someone who showed any hint of racist, exclusionist, or bigoted attitudes I would promptly pay for their dinner, and then tell them it just won't work out and we should stop seeing. I don't roll like that.

Yeah I would have to say that if I was dating someone who showed any hint of racist, exclusionist, or bigoted attitudes I would promptly pay for their dinner, and then tell them it just won't work out and we should stop seeing.

well DB i see a lot of people saying they aren't racist and that they denounce people who are. but the reality is that racism is still rampant in todays society. and most of this racism is coming from the same average joe who says he's not. racism is alive and well outside of mixed company.

for example...my dad's subdivision is around 70% jewish and upper middle class. within the past 10 years more and more wealthy black and arabs are buying up more houses and now the jews are starting to sell and move.

Burning, I'm really glad that your sister did the right thing. Hope she meets someone better next time.

Trialbyfire

I'm also glad that she did too. Anyone that would support bigotry or racism, or any delusional belief that one race is above another, should not be considered good relationship material. It makes me wonder what would cause anyone to devolve that way.

Teddy and Jane
Burning, I'm really glad that your sister did the right thing. Hope she meets someone better next time.

I checked and pretty much everyone stayed on topic in this thread.

Teddy and Jane
You can view online the Frontline special covering the Holocaust: "Memory of the Camps". They used a real film from 1945, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. It was designed to shock the Germans into realizing what they allowed to happen. It's riveting. To be honest, while watching it, I had a very hard time believing that could happen. If you see the scenes of what the camps were like, it was so terrible that I can't understand how the guards could stand to be there. They must have been very twisted. That's where the disbelief creeps in. It's one thing to torture and kill people like they did. It's something else to immerse yourself in the hell of those camps and continue to function.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/camp/

Maybe it would be amusing to watch this show with that guy and see how he reacts. In sort of a human behavior study kind of way.

Yeah, they show actual videos, photos, etc. to public school children here. It's nothing new.

I checked and pretty much everyone stayed on topic in this thread.

Well, then you didn't check closely enough. Ether that, or you're new here and perhaps you're not clear on what "on topic" really means?

(HINT: You're off-topic with this post and now so am I...not responding to this again.)

Art_Critic

Same here B4r.. racism/gay hatred or hatred in general has a way of being transferable/rubbing off sometimes and your sister breaking it off was saving her own sole from being poisoned by someone toxic.

Good for her...

My sister decided to break it off completely with this guy. Apparently he was calling blacks subhumans and saying he didn't like Jews, so your intincts were right.

:eek:

Good for her! Although obviously it didn't end up being that difficult a decision.

many white chritians feel this way, especially americans. its just that they cannot publicly air their sentiments any more.

Why should people be able to publicly view sentiments such as "blacks are subhuman?" Subhuman? What a disgustingly insulting thing to say.

Anyone with half a brain knows what a lot of codswallop that is and should be ACTIVELY discouraging such despicable viewpoints.

B4Rs sister has done so by refusing to associate with someone who has such a viewpoint.

I cannot abide such narrowminded bigotry it makes me feel sick.

Storyrider
Why should people be able to publicly view sentiments such as "blacks are subhuman?" Subhuman? What a disgustingly insulting thing to say.

I think this guy burning's sister dated is a throwback, and that these views are very uncommon. I know you can watch Maury Povich and see white supremacists, but they are so few and far between.

Just think about how far we've come since Brown vs. Board of education. I was just reading a children's book to my daughter about Ruby Bridges, the girl in the Norman Rockwell painting who was the first to integrate into Louisiana schools. Almost every single child in that white elementary school (except for 17) were pulled out rather than attend with a black child. White people stood outside protesting, throwing rotten eggs and displaying a black doll in a coffin to show their displeasure. Thank goodness behavior like this would be considered outrageous today. It was still acceptable and condoned in the sixties.

Today, the most we can drum up to complain about is a shock radio personality making an inappropriate comment. Or random throwbacks like Holocaust Denial Boy. I'd say we need to have some perspective and see we are in pretty good shape.

And of course his sister was right to dump the guy.

I hope for her sake that this guy does not have some sort of fixation on her. Most of these new raciest can be pretty violent.

I hope for her sake that this guy does not have some sort of fixation on her. Most of these new raciest can be pretty violent.

I know, really! I don't know who is worse..the raciest or the racist?

Close call.

dropdeadlegs
I think this guy burning's sister dated is a throwback, and that these views are very uncommon. I know you can watch Maury Povich and see white supremacists, but they are so few and far between.

Just think about how far we've come since Brown vs. Board of education. I was just reading a children's book to my daughter about Ruby Bridges, the girl in the Norman Rockwell painting who was the first to integrate into Louisiana schools. Almost every single child in that white elementary school (except for 17) were pulled out rather than attend with a black child. White people stood outside protesting, throwing rotten eggs and displaying a black doll in a coffin to show their displeasure. Thank goodness behavior like this would be considered outrageous today. It was still acceptable and condoned in the sixties.

As a transplant to Louisiana, I can attest that racism is still very common and widely accepted in my state. I personally know many people whose parents pulled them out of school in attempts to thwart desegregation. Some did not go to school for over a year.

A few years ago I was standing in line at WalMart behind an elderly couple. there was a shift change and these people loudly proclaimed that they were not about to allow a young black woman to check them out, that they had loaded their groceries on the belt of that particular lane. A manager ended up checking them out, then the black woman assumed her post. I was horrified to witness such blatant prejudice in the new millennium. I felt so awkward to be white and behind these terrible people.

Unfortunately it is not racism directed at blacks only. Mexicans and anyone of middle eastern descent aren't exactly accepted by many in this area. It's really sad that people cannot simply see others as human beings.

The KKK is still very much alive and kicking in the South. Actually a recent news story, and doing some research on my own; points to membership being up. With the use of the internet much of this hate is being pushed onto young minds.

Trialbyfire

From what I've seen lately from Arian nation supporters, it's not so much denial of the Holocaust anymore, it's more justification of it. I guess they've learned in the past that denying it outright is a position that's harder to justify than saying it was done for the right reasons. This type of justification is frightening and nauseating at the same time.

Glad to hear your sister dumped the freak, Burning.

Off topicish, but thought I'd share this true story:

This took place on a British Airways flight between Johannesburg and London.

A white woman, was seated next to a black man. Obviously upset by this, she called the air hostess. "Madam, how can I help you?" the hostess asked. "You obviously do not see it then?" the white lady responded. "You placed me next to a black man. I do not wish to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat." The hostess replied "Almost all the places on this flight is taken but I'll check to see if another place is available."The hostess went away and then came back a few minutes later. "Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in the economy class. However, I spoke to the captain and he informed me that we still have one place in the first class." Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued: "It is not usual for our company to permit someone from economy class to sit in the first class. However, given the circumstances, the captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting." She turned to the black guy, and said, "Sir, if you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in first class."

The other passengers stood up and applauded.

Trialbyfire

A white woman, was seated next to a black man. Obviously upset by this, she called the air hostess. "Madam, how can I help you?" the hostess asked. "You obviously do not see it then?" the white lady responded. "You placed me next to a black man. I do not wish to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat." The hostess replied "Almost all the places on this flight is taken but I'll check to see if another place is available."The hostess went away and then came back a few minutes later. "Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in the economy class. However, I spoke to the captain and he informed me that we still have one place in the first class." Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued: "It is not usual for our company to permit someone from economy class to sit in the first class. However, given the circumstances, the captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting." She turned to the black guy, and said, "Sir, if you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in first class."

Well done!!!!

*applause from this poster, while laughing hard*

From what I've seen lately from Arian nation supporters, it's not so much denial of the Holocaust anymore, it's more justification of it. I guess they've learned in the past that denying it outright is a position that's harder to justify than saying it was done for the right reasons. This type of justification is frightening and nauseating at the same time.

It sure is. I have seen it. Its frightening.

Ripples- great story! I think I have heard that one. Oh to have been a fly on the wall when that lady got hers!

Trialbyfire
It sure is. I have seen it. Its frightening.

Ripples- great story! I think I have heard that one. Oh to have been a fly on the wall when that lady got hers!

I always carry my digicam with me. It would have been picture time for sho'... :laugh:

Art_Critic

http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/obnoxious.asp