I kissed a married man and am falling in love!

whichwayisup

Forget your ex, don't bother with him. All that is going to do is open up old wounds that you don't need to deal with.

And, as for your therapist, move on. If he isn't contacting you, that's a good thing, even if you don't see that now. FUN, heal yourself, take time alone, spend time with your sister, family and close friends.

I am proud of you for ending it, it hurts now, but you'll feel better soon!

Glad you found the strength to cancel your appointments, Fun. Please find someone to talk to about this. After this experience, I know you might hesitate to talk to a counselor, also because you don't want to rat him out. But realize that if you go to one, you don't have to give his name. If the counselor doesn't accept that you don't want to, you have the option to leave and find another counselor. You're paying for the counseling session, and you have the right to establish the boundaries.

I think you know the feelings you're having indicate your involvement with him is not healthy. It's not any more healthy than your relationship with your ex. They both have a negative impact on you, and you're better off without them in your life.

Hope you'll feel better soon.

• Author

Wow, thanks for all the support and feedback. I really needed it at this time.

Crazy-grl- I did go to my session yesterday. It was a few hours afterwards at home when I decided to text to cancel my whole therapy with him includig I wrote my next appointment. He had asked I call him to make a 2nd one for later in the week, which usually would get me all excited to look forward to, but I forced myself to end everything cold turkey, seeing on my last appointment that it had gotten to the point where it was a dead end deal that made me go crazy thinking about him all week yet he was unattainable for the long term outside the therapy which was pissing me off.

He did call me a little while ago and I let it go to voicemail. He sounded very sad, said he got my text yesterday, that he wanted me to call him so we could talk for a few minutes.

After the initial part where it was really hard, even though it still hurts, I am really sure that I won't call him back thanks to everyone's feedback which makes sense. He'll only get me to change my mind even if he does it indirectly, and in the meantime I am now more secure with my decision despite how much it hurts. Just like now that a couple of days have passed I am less tempted to respond to my ex's email. I will be proud of myself to leave these two men behind without getting sucked back in for another round of drama and hurt, and to just move on even if that means being alone for the time being.

I don't think I am ready to jump into another therapy just yet. I'm very emotional and I don't want to end up dropping his name and getting him into trouble. It would involve me and I really don't want anything more to do with this, but to take time to heal and start all over again.

RecordProducer

Fun2Bme, Stryrider asked you in the first post if this is your therapist and you said NO. :D

I think you should stop seeing him as a therapist in any case. This is getting personal and selfish on his part. When you get attached to a man who is paid to care about your well-being, it's just fake. You fell in love with him, because it seemed like he really cared. But he is not who he is in his office. And what he was telling you about his wife might be total bullsh*t. You're on a very slippery road right now, but you can't see it - you think it's just smooth.

In addition, every time a woman dates a married man, she is setting herself up for a lot of pain. This guy has your soul in his hands, he knows a lot about you, and he is playing with you. If he were a good, sincere person, he woudln't have hooked up with a patient, given that he is married. Is he telling his wonderful wife about you? Hell, no! Why do you think he is being honest with you then?

dropdeadlegs

Fun, I am so proud of you!

I knew if you could find the strength to end the sessions that you would become stronger quickly, and your last post indicates your resolve.

I also agree that forgetting your ex is best, too. He also caused you quite a bit of pain that you shared here with us.

Take care of yourself right now. I know this has been very hard, but I also know you have a lot of strength. Much more than you know.