I'm being replaced

polywog

• Author
Awww, polywog, we're like BFF's!

All kidding aside, I do feel a kinship with certain posters. I know that I would enjoy sharing a bottle of wine with you.

Virtual reality is different form being neighbors, but I just know that having you as a neighbor would be grand.

This is true, it's like certain posters are "my tribe" in some way. I've only been here since the evil break up in January, 2+ months, but there are some people here I think about when I'm not online. :bunny:

Poly,

After 8 years and being the good-hearted kind of person you appear to be through your writing, NO ONE will be able to replace you.

It might feel like that now, and maybe he even claims that's what's going on, but let it play out. See if they last 8 years. See if she will help and support him the way you did.

Even though we don't know a lot about her, we know she's apparently ok with being the rebound girl with a guy who just got out of an 8 year relationship, and she seems to take no bother in moving in to the house that was basically created and maintained by that ex girlfriend. That's enough for me to judge her character.

You weren't replaced. He downgraded because he is screwed up, and you were set free.

You are so articulate here that I'm thinking you could write him a letter with all your grievences. I doubt he'll be able to pin anything on you.

I say that because I still have moment when I wish I had confronted my ex about certain issues BECAUSE they still burn me.

And yes, go for a consultation with a lawyer! It's always best to be informed about your options!

This move will be so good for you!

• Author
Poly,

After 8 years and being the good-hearted kind of person you appear to be through your writing, NO ONE will be able to replace you.

It might feel like that now, and maybe he even claims that's what's going on, but let it play out. See if they last 8 years. See if she will help and support him the way you did.

Even though we don't know a lot about her, we know she's apparently ok with being the rebound girl with a guy who just got out of an 8 year relationship, and she seems to take no bother in moving in to the house that was basically created and maintained by that ex girlfriend. That's enough for me to judge her character.

You weren't replaced. He downgraded because he is screwed up, and you were set free.

Thanks Cossette,

Great post with lots of insight. You're right, I didn't really think of how flakey it is for a woman to move in in that situation! I'd never do that.

Definitly a sign of who she is, probalby desperate with little self esteem, or someone too naive to think beyond the honeymoon phase. God only knows what it will be like when that wears off.

I am sure that he plans to have roomates, whether she is there or not, and that would not be a situation I'd ever want to start a new life with someone in. No privacy, having to pick up after them, etc.

It's as if the ex is trying to live life like someone in their 20s, which he is Not. We had a grown up life here, of course, as I'd never settle for anything less. He had roomates when I met him, and when he invited me (and I chose) to move in, I insisted that they leave before I'd be there. He got the b*lls to kick them out, and I made a home for us.

It's as if he is trying to have it both ways now, but I can't imagine it being a peaceful situation for a relationship to blossom. Plus, moving in with someone after seeing them for a few months is just crazy.

• Author
You are so articulate here that I'm thinking you could write him a letter with all your grievences. I doubt he'll be able to pin anything on you.

I say that because I still have moment when I wish I had confronted my ex about certain issues BECAUSE they still burn me.

And yes, go for a consultation with a lawyer! It's always best to be informed about your options!

This move will be so good for you!

I was actually married before, and I regret now that I didn't hire a lawyer, because we did no-fault and he scrwed me royally financially. I really ended up with nothing, and he was the one who ended it. I just wanted him out of my life, and trusted him to do the right thing by me, but the greedy b*****d barely gave me any money, claiming it was all his (we had no assets or kids).

Because of this, my friends just want me to see a lawyer because they think I need it to feel empowered, after what happened to me before.

Finding all this woman's sh*t in the garage has lit the fire under my butt to call a lawyer to at least get an idea of what rights I have, tho I doubt if I have many. We are not married and in a state that does not recognise common-law marriage, plus as I have mentioned in other threads he is married (to someone he hasn't seen in 10 years and never managed to get divirced from). We'll see. I don't want to ruin him, he just is who he is, a sort of emotional clod/peter pan. But it doesn't hurt to find out.

Mustang Sally

Please, girl!

I wish I was your size...try being 6"1" and 145 lbs - I'm a freaking amazon!

Get yourself a little place to call your own, do it up as you see fit and as you are able. You are clearly better off without that putz.

Hugs to you during this difficult time :bunny:

• Author
Please, girl!

I wish I was your size...try being 6"1" and 145 lbs - I'm a freaking amazon!

Get yourself a little place to call your own, do it up as you see fit and as you are able. You are clearly better off without that putz.

Hugs to you during this difficult time :bunny:

Thanx, Mustang! I am reckoning that you are a statuesque babe from your stats!

My ex's reason for being unhappy & breaking it up is that I am "too fat": I weigh 120 and am 5'4",

If only you could have decided earlier that his penis was too big. That has caused me so much grief. But then, that would be kind of unfair (one can't change what one is given).

• Author
If only you could have decided earlier that his penis was too big. That has caused me so much grief. But then, that would be kind of unfair (one can't change what one is given).

There is no penis too big.

There is no penis too big.

Would you like one that weighed 120 and was 5'4" long?

• Author
Would you like one that weighed 120 and was 5'4" long?

I'd say it's too phat.

• Author
Some say it's all about the girth.

Yeah, I know. But it's all about proportion. A short fat member is yucky, as is a long pencil dick.

Yeah, I know. But it's all about proportion. A short fat member is yucky, as is a long pencil dick.

Yeah.. but the guys with the long pencil dicks can fold it in half to get the thickness needed.. the short fat guy has no options..:laugh:

By the way... how are you doing tonight ?..

• Author
Yeah.. but the guys with the long pencil dicks can fold it in half to get the thickness needed.. the short fat guy has no options..:laugh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao::sick:

I'll try to keep that in mind next time I'm with one of those pencil dicks.

dropdeadlegs

Oh, God forbid you're ever with a pencil dick! I'm not convinced that folding thing would work!

I love that your light is always green.

When is "be gone" day? How is the packing coming along?

When is "be gone" day? How is the packing coming along?

I was wondering the same.. has a date been hammered out yet ?

I was wondering the same.. has a date been hammered out yet ?

I think it's a bit early to be dating. But hammering would be OK. Maybe even therapeutic.

• Author

Well, the date hasn't been hammered out yet for getting my stuff out (it will be soon) but I am writing this in my new space! My first night here! I brought my dog. It's kinda weird.

dropdeadlegs
Well, the date hasn't been hammered out yet for getting my stuff out (it will be soon) but I am writing this in my new space! My first night here! I brought my dog. It's kinda weird.

I love the first night in a new place! I've been known to sleep on the floor with nothing but a pillow, a blanket, and a TV, just be in my new place. There's something special about it for me. What kind of dog, and I'm gonna need a name.

but I am writing this in my new space! My first night here! I brought my dog. It's kinda weird.

Woo hoo! Let's have a party. I'll bring the peanuts.

Hey Polywog,

I have read your posts and i wish you the best. It makes me soo P**sed when i read about stories like yours. I would give anything to have my girl back but i am sort of in your shoes.

CONGRADULATIONS ON THE NEW PLACE!!!

There is so much that reminds me of her here that it is hard to come home most days, wish i coud move out. Kinda hard since i own the place:( .

Did someone say party at your place? Yeah!

It makes me soo P**sed when i read about stories like yours.

Steady on. I don't think she meant any harm. She was just releasing a bit of stress. So calm down, and have a cup of chamomile tea. Or something.

Maybe anger shared is anger halved. Maybe.

Steady on. I don't think she meant any harm. She was just releasing a bit of stress. So calm down, and have a cup of chamomile tea. Or something.

Maybe anger shared is anger halved. Maybe.

I know I know. Chamomile tea. On my way to starbucks;)

• Author
I love the first night in a new place! I've been known to sleep on the floor with nothing but a pillow, a blanket, and a TV, just be in my new place. There's something special about it for me. What kind of dog, and I'm gonna need a name.

Dog is Leo, my avatar. The first night was wrenching, in many ways. I didn't exactly feel good becaue it's temporary and I am already fretting about where I will really live. And it made me mourn the loss of the house I'm leaving in a big way.

It's a sweet, clean little place and it's furnished. One problem I have is that I love my things, and they are not here. I feel like a guest because I can't really move in. I'm extremely grateful that I have it, but I have all these scary feelings whirling around in my head.