Fiance is making me even more negative towards women

I still think she is great but when I look at other women and look at my friend's relationships I see how much 90% of the female population pales in comparison to her. A woman like her is a rare gem in a pile of trash. It's like tasting filet mignon and then looking at Mcdonalds. The funny thing is that my fiance agrees with me.

It's like tasting filet mignon and then looking at Mcdonalds. The funny thing is that my fiance agrees with me.

It's a rare woman indeed who would perceive herself, if asked to make culinary comparisons, as being filet mignon rather than a Big Mac. Make sure you hang on as tightly as you can to that multi-compartment containing treasure box of modesty and surprises!

I wonder how that conversation went...

Did you start off by telling her she's great, and that she is completely different from all other woman... then slide into the derogatory comments about women in general. Or did you start off with the derogatory comments, and then switch to the cut of beef comment after running down the entire female population?

Woggle.. no offense man. But of course she would've agreed with you. I've been in that situation. What do you say? "On no honey. Your so wrong." It either implies she's a bag of trash like all other women, or that your screwed up in the head for thinking she's different.

I'm glad your happy with her. And that you think she's a cut above the rest. I'll leave it at that.

It's a rare woman indeed who would perceive herself, if asked to make culinary comparisons, as being filet mignon rather than a Big Mac. Make sure you hang on as tightly as you can to that multi-compartment containing treasure box of modesty and surprises!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wonder how that conversation went...

Did you start off by telling her she's great, and that she is completely different from all other woman... then slide into the derogatory comments about women in general. Or did you start off with the derogatory comments, and then switch to the cut of beef comment after running down the entire female population?

Woggle.. no offense man. But of course she would've agreed with you. I've been in that situation. What do you say? "On no honey. Your so wrong." It either implies she's a bag of trash like all other women, or that your screwed up in the head for thinking she's different.

I'm glad your happy with her. And that you think she's a cut above the rest. I'll leave it at that.

If ever faced with this dilemma I would say, "All other women are not a bag of trash. There are many different women in this world, some with more bad points then good, just as there are many different men. If you truly believe that all other women are a bag of trash you are far too much of a misogynist for me to be with you."

Woggle, if your fiancee believes all other women besides her are a bag of trash than you're engaged to a female misogynist, who is unfortunately "perfect" for you. Look out though - being a male misogynist is one thing, but a female misogynist? Far more complicated, involving at least some amount of self-loathing.

blind_otter

She doesn't make you feel anything, I hate to break it to you. You're looking for validation for a skewed view regarding all women. Your past has made you hostile towards women in general because you experienced a bizarre childhood with a disturbed mother. So you constantly seek out evidence to reinforce your false assumption about all women, and therefore continue to propogate your misogynist viewpoints.

You need to adjust the view point "all other women are trash" to "my girlfriend is the right woman for me", be grateful and happy with what you have without needing to confirm your feelings with shallow comparisons.

In my experience, women who hate all other women are often projecting their own negative qualities onto all women.

I sincerely hope that's not the case for you, Woggle, and I hope you find happiness with her. I'd hate to see how you'd become if she broke your heart.

It's like tasting filet mignon and then looking at Mcdonalds.

I don't know WOGGLE...sometimes a Big Mac with fries sounds pretty damn good! :)

I still think she is great but when I look at other women and look at my friend's relationships I see how much 90% of the female population pales in comparison to her. A woman like her is a rare gem in a pile of trash. It's like tasting filet mignon and then looking at Mcdonalds. The funny thing is that my fiance agrees with me.

Your fiance doesn't "make" you do anything.

Secondly, not to say that she isn't great (I'm sure she is if you're happy), but if you keep idealizing, when you finally do notice a flaw, its going to upset you alot more than if you accepted that every person is unique, different, and has their own set of problems. Good luck though bro, and I hope you stay happy (in this twisted sort of way...).

It's a shame in this day in age that we tend to concentrate on the negative aspects in nearly everything. For example the news is mostly only horrific events of the day. The world would be a better place if we viewed more positive aspects but then we would only be sugar coating reality rite so its a double edge sword. I am rather bitter rite now with woman and pretty sure I will be single for a while till I get my life straight in many aspects. But...there's a woman out there that also just got crapped on by someone who is doing the same thing. You simply cant stereotype people cause everyone is different. Some good, some bad, some lacking emotion and some that could use some. Mostly alot of aceholes and biznatches making life hell for the rest of us by burning the opposite sex :mad: -Shane

• Author

In many ways she is a female misogynist and maybe that is why we fit together. She says that many other women make her ashamed of her gender. THe great thing about her is that there is trace of that entitlement complex that so many women have. So many women think that men owe them something even if they treated us like crap. She has a lot of money but she went out there and earned it and she signed the prenup because in this day and age when women earn their own money they should not be able to leech off a man. That mentality is so refreshing coming from a woman. Many women would call her a doormat or stepford woman but she has two degrees and has earned more money on her own than most of them could dream of.

In many ways she is a female misogynist and maybe that is why we fit together.

Probably.

So what's the plan now? Are the two of you going to embark on a Fred and Rosemary West style career? Can we expect to find the chopped up bodies of young girls buried in your garden in 30 years time?

She has a lot of money but she went out there and earned it and she signed the prenup because in this day and age when women earn their own money they should not be able to leech off a man. That mentality is so refreshing coming from a woman. Many women would call her a doormat or stepford woman but she has two degrees and has earned more money on her own than most of them could dream of.

So she is a feminist :lmao:

fem·i·nism (fm-nzm) KEY

NOUN:

Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

Mutual dysfunction can create a very strong bond.

Sid & Nancy are an excellent example of this...

• Author
So she is a feminist :lmao:

fem·i·nism (fm-nzm) KEY

NOUN:

Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

Oh hell no. No feminist would ever be this fair and good to a man.

Reread the definition of feminism......

So I would say yes she is one. Your mother was not one. Your mother was/is just very disturbed.

Woggle get some therapy ASAP.

Hmmm methinks you have a very distorted idea of what a feminist is cos she sure sounds like one to me!

Anyway I wish you all the best and make sure you treat her right, as I don't imagine that an educated, economically independant filet mignon will tolerate anywhere near as much **** as your average bigmac!

• Author
Reread the definition of feminism......

So I would say yes she is one. Your mother was not one. Your mother was/is just very disturbed.

Woggle get some therapy ASAP.

I know that definition but I also know what the movement stands for. It is not about equality. It views things as a gender conflict between men and women and men are the enemy so there can never be peace or love between men and women according to feminists because to be in love with a man is to love the enemy.

So many women think that men owe them something even if they treated us like crap.

We do? How many women do you know? :lmao:

She has a lot of money but she went out there and earned it and she signed the prenup because in this day and age when women earn their own money they should not be able to leech off a man. That mentality is so refreshing coming from a woman.

Sounds like maybe she signed it so he (you?) wouldn't be the leech. How could she be a leech when you mention that she's doing so great for herself?

Many women would call her a doormat or stepford woman but she has two degrees and has earned more money on her own than most of them could dream of.

Why do you think anyone would call her that? I definitely wouldn't, I'd call her a smart cookie. ;) At least, for the reasons you've suggested anyways. Funny though, I know plenty of smart females.:D

• Author

We both have plenty of money but she is still a woman and therefore all she has to do is play the victim card in court and she gets to screw me. Not saying she would do that but she has the power to. THe prenup also covered things such as child custody, child support etc.