LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Good news ****Updated****


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree54Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2018, 4:44 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 39
Post Good news ****Updated****

I haven’t been on here in a month, when my boyfriend was still talking to his ex, but things are good now. We still live together. We got into a argument recently and after the argument we texted. He mentioned how he was gonna get my name tatted or get my initials and his together. We might both initial each others names. He told me he doesn’t care about how much we argue, he loves me and he wants me in his life. This was all over text. You guys were telling me he still loved his ex, he wanted to be with her but a guy who desires to be someone else won’t say all those things and definitely wouldn’t consider getting their significant others initials or name tattooed on them. Our anniversary is in two weeks and we’re coming up with ideas.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 3rd September 2018 at 9:54 PM.. Reason: Add link for context
Destini is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 4:51 PM   #2
Established Member
 
preraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 20,834
Good luck. But please know that getting a tattoo is proof of nothing. Do you know how many people there are out there with people's names on them that they wished they never got?

You say you argue a lot. Why do you want to live like that? I just hope for you that sometime you choose happiness.
__________________
"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln
preraph is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 4:56 PM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,162
I knew a woman who had tattoos of her husband and three children on her back and arm. She was cheating on her husband with two other men. Tattoos are not indicators of commitment.

I read your other threads. Also understand that people will tell you what you want to hear to keep you where you are so don’t be so naive and gullible to think that just because one says so it means it is your truth. Don’t trust everything he says. Look at his actions.

Unfortunately, your boyfriend knows how to blind you from reality. He’s not a prize and neither is the relationship you have with him. You will likely have to learn the hard way.
__________________
One regret, my dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough ~ Hafiz
Zahara is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:06 PM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 982
Tattoos of each others' names or initials - one of the worst ideas ever.
Highndry is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:14 PM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini View Post
He told me he doesnít care about how much we argue, he loves me and he wants me in his life.
Ah, young love...

I would tell you not to get this guys name tattooed on some part of your body because it will be there long after he is gone, but I doubt that you will listen...
__________________
If they love you, you will know. If they don't, you will wonder all the time if they do...
BaileyB is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:17 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 39
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
Ah, young love...

I would tell you not to get this guys name tattooed on some part of your body because it will be there long after he is gone, but I doubt that you will listen...
Okay but letís be honest, will a guy who decides to tattoo both of you guys initials and tell you that he basically wants you in his life and could care less about how we fight, really ever leave you? Like heís not gonna love someone that deep like he loves me.
Destini is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:19 PM   #7
Established Member
 
preraph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 20,834
He's just saying what he has to say right now. He's probably also saying it to other girls.
preraph is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:24 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 39
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
He's just saying what he has to say right now. He's probably also saying it to other girls.
Okay but what if he actually does do it though?
Destini is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:26 PM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 9,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini View Post
Okay but letís be honest, will a guy who decides to tattoo both of you guys initials and tell you that he basically wants you in his life and could care less about how we fight, really ever leave you? Like heís not gonna love someone that deep like he loves me.
Of course he could still leave. There's quite a market in 'cover up' tattoos.
basil67 is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:38 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 39
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Of course he could still leave. There's quite a market in 'cover up' tattoos.
I get that but why would someone waste time getting their girlfriends initials after telling her he would get it and basically telling her he loves her so much that he wants her in his life regardless of their arguments just to leave and get the tattooed covered up?
Destini is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:46 PM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini View Post
Okay but letís be honest, will a guy who decides to tattoo both of you guys initials and tell you that he basically wants you in his life and could care less about how we fight, really ever leave you? Like heís not gonna love someone that deep like he loves me.
Yes. Tattoos mean nothing. They are fairly easily removed or edited these days...

Read the post above from Zahara.
BaileyB is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 6:49 PM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini View Post
Okay but what if he actually does do it though?
Why did he get with you and proposition his ex girlfriend for sex. Some things are difficult, if not impossible, to understand...
BaileyB is offline  
Old 3rd September 2018, 7:49 PM   #13
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destini View Post
Okay but letís be honest, will a guy who decides to tattoo both of you guys initials and tell you that he basically wants you in his life and could care less about how we fight, really ever leave you? Like heís not gonna love someone that deep like he loves me.
Yes he will leave & probably will. Some guys will do anything & I mean ANYTHING to get what they want. Right now he may be in a dry spell as he cut out his ex, so you are now his #1 priority until something better comes along. He will do and tell you what you want just so you trust him and do as he says, but just because your name is on his body it doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of girls willing to have sex with a guy with another girls name on his body and if/when something better comes along your name will be nothing but an ink mark.
ericw899 is offline  
Old 13th September 2018, 10:03 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 39
Post Is this what love is? Or is love more than this?

A guy texting you telling you how he wants you in his life. How heís gonna get you and his initials tattooed on him. Living together. Going on a vacation together. Posting you on Facebook, showing you off, tagging you in post. Buying you a ring. Bringing you home food from his job. Choosing you over his ex girlfriend. It seems like love to me but, is love more than just this? I mean I have a promise ring. Whenever I hint about doing something as a couple by sharing a post on Facebook or meme or quote he comments and says weíre gonna do just that. Take cute pictures in a hotel tub/bathroom. It seems like love but on the other Side, when I see mature couples or older couples they donít seem to do those things but they do seem to be genuinely in love.
Destini is offline  
Old 13th September 2018, 10:09 AM   #15
Established Member
 
Gaeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 16,464
It's infatuation. He's smitten with you. Love comes after all this rush of hormones. It comes after months of dating and getting to know someone and once you know them in and out, once you've identified their flaws, and you STILL want them in your life because life is more beautiful with them, that's love.
__________________
'' The Biggest Coward Is A Man Who Awakens A Woman's Love With No Intention Of Loving Her '' - Bob Marley
Gaeta is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have good news & Bad News.. Worried7 Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 3 16th January 2006 5:49 PM
Good News, Bad News & the winner of the bet HokeyReligions Family 13 13th October 2004 1:20 PM
The good news is i am single again! The bad news is... I AM SINGLE AGAIN? woodstok Breaks and Breaking Up 27 2nd July 2004 2:00 AM
Good news! and bad news :-( jerryinva Second Chances 4 30th June 2004 8:59 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 3:36 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.