Dating a short guy-How does it feel?

toomanyquestions123

toomanyquestions123

So i have this guy that is really into me & he has a very amazing personality & that matches all my expectations ( smart-funny-welloff-Very good job-marriage material-travel lover-fit & healthy etc...) but the only problem that is bothering me is that he is really really short although he has a very handsome face & strong muscles. But he is approx 165 CM & this thing is bothering me. Do you think I am being shallow or it is normal to think this way ? I really dont want to hurt this guy by giving him false hopes but i like everything else about him and I want it overcome my concern & give him a chance. Any insights ? PS: I mean to cause no single offense to any.

Cookiesandough

I mean if he ticks all your boxes and you're attracted to him despite his height what is the concern???

• Like 2
  • Author
toomanyquestions123
I mean if he ticks all your boxes and you're attracted to him despite his height what is the concern???

i am usually not attracted to guys that are my height, I usually like the guy to be taller than me especially that i am a petite & i never had a very short boyfriend before.

How tall are you?

I'm more or less the same height. If I'm into a guy I dont really notice. Kissing doesn't hurt my neck as much. Can't wear heels. Thats pretty much it.

I guess it would bother me though if the guy was shorter than me.

• Like 2
  • Author
toomanyquestions123
How tall are you?

I'm more or less the same height. If I'm into a guy I dont really notice. Kissing doesn't hurt my neck as much. Can't wear heels. Thats pretty much it.

I guess it would bother me though if the guy was shorter than me.

I am 157 cms, i am considered as a petite with a cute body thats why i am attracted to much taller guys & i find short guys less manly than tall guys.

As a guy and who when I was single never had a problem dating around and not being tall I also never got turned down for height.. I dated short women and tall women, my first wife was the same height as I was... 5'9".

I don't understand the need for someone to cut their dating pool down because of height..

As far as long term relationship compatibilities height isn't even on the list.

Height doesn't matter in the least IMO...

• Like 2
I am 157 cms, i am considered as a petite with a cute body thats why i am attracted to much taller guys & i find short guys less manly than tall guys.

But he is taller than you...

and that is your perception not the reality of taller guys being more manly than a shorter counterpart.. perceptions can be altered.

• Like 1
  • Author
toomanyquestions123
As a guy and who when I was single never had a problem dating around and not being tall I also never got turned down for height.. I dated short women and tall women, my first wife was the same height as I was... 5'9".

I don't understand the need for someone to cut their dating pool down because of height..

As far as long term relationship compatibilities height isn't even on the list.

Height doesn't matter in the least IMO...

I totally agree with you & i hate the idea that i feel this way because i dont think it should matter to me. 5'9" is not that short btw. My guy is i think 5'5".

OK, so you don't date him.

I highly doubt he is going to grow into a tall guy, is he?

• Like 7
  • Author
toomanyquestions123
OK, so you don't date him.

I highly doubt he is going to grow into a tall guy, is he?

Haha i highly doubt that too lol. I just want to get over the idea that taller guys are hotter. I do want to date him without this idea bothering me.

Haha i highly doubt that too lol. I just want to get over the idea that taller guys are hotter. I do want to date him without this idea bothering me.

Was your Dad a tall man ?

• Author
toomanyquestions123
Was your Dad a tall man ?

My father had a normal height ( not too short, not tall-5'65" ) which is my acceptable height for me but this guy is way shorter than my father also which I find it odd.

PegNosePete
I do want to date him without this idea bothering me.

Then date him and don't let it bother you.

I don't understand your issue here. If you want to date him then date him. If you don't then don't. Why are you trying to talk yourself out of it, or into it? Just do what you want to.

• Like 3

I don't understand your issue here. If you want to date him then date him. If you don't then don't. Why are you trying to talk yourself out of it, or into it? Just do what you want to.

Dating when not really ready to date anyone is the real problem here.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/second-chances/631853-why-after-3-months-i-am-still-feeling-hurt-when-i-think-about

• Like 2
  • Author
toomanyquestions123

Haha I know it is that simple. I think I will give him a chance & go to another date with him. If i felt not comfortable i will cut it off.

• Like 1
  • Author
toomanyquestions123

Just so i can add something to my question, does any of the girls here have any problem with this ? or did u ever cut off someone because of his height ?

Manliness is all down to personality not height.

If he ticks all the other boxes then at least go on one date.

He IS taller than you so it is not as if you are going to get a crick your neck talking down to him is it?.

• Like 1

@toomanyquestions123 ~ I think I would feel the same way as you. I'm 5 ft 5 and dated guys around my height in my teens but as I got older the guys I dated were taller... always 6 ft+ so it can be a little weird being with someone my height again but who knows...

I guess it's a preference but is it a deal breaker to you? This guy does sound like a catch so do you really want to miss out just because he doesn't tick one box? You probably don't tick all his boxes either (it's very rare to find someone who does to be frank) so if he chooses to focus on your pros then maybe you should stop focusing on his cons because his pros outweigh his cons.

• Author
toomanyquestions123
@toomanyquestions123 ~ I think I would feel the same way as you. I'm 5 ft 5 and dated guys around my height in my teens but as I got older the guys I dated were taller... always 6 ft+ so it can be a little weird being with someone my height again but who knows...

I guess it's a preference but is it a deal breaker to you? This guy does sound like a catch so do you really want to miss out just because he doesn't tick one box? You probably don't tick all his boxes either (it's very rare to find someone who does to be frank) so if he chooses to focus on your pros then maybe you should stop focusing on his cons because his pros outweigh his cons.

It was a deal breaker for me but as i am growing older & getting wiser i started becoming a sepiosexual. I care about the personality more that is why i want to overcome this physical yet superficial thing IMO. PLUS i think about kids as well in case we had a future together, they will be reaallly short since i am short as well :p

• Like 1
GorillaTheater
I care about the personality more that is why i want to overcome this physical yet superficial thing IMO. PLUS i think about kids as well in case we had a future together, they will be reaallly short since i am short as well :p

On the plus side, you could rest your drink on top of his head.

• Like 1

He is taller than you. What's the problem?

Just so i can add something to my question, does any of the girls here have any problem with this ? or did u ever cut off someone because of his height ?

I am almost 5'10" (feet and inches). I have dated men shorter than that. I wouldn't go below 5'7" ish though because I'd feel like a big awkward Amazon.

I'll be honest....as a person who had trouble finding a guy taller than me because all these tiny girls wanted the 6'4" guys....that annoys the heck out of me. If you're 5'2" you don't NEED a tall man; let us tall women have them!! lol

• Like 1
  • Author
toomanyquestions123
On the plus side, you could rest your drink on top of his head.

hahahaah this cracked me up !!

• Author
toomanyquestions123
He is taller than you. What's the problem?

he is taller than me because i am very short. If he was shorter than me he would be considered as a midget. The point is if i wear heals of course i will be the same height as him.