LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Dating a woman who regularly medicates with cannabis?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2019, 10:31 AM   #1
Established Member

Dating a woman who regularly medicates with cannabis?

Let's put aside the stigmas and stereotypes for a moment. Assuming you would have no idea she smokes weed unless she tells you (a.k.a it doesn't interfere with her daily functioning), how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?
Hopeful30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 10:37 AM   #2
Established Member

......next........

TFY
Old 28th February 2019, 10:44 AM   #3
Established Member

I’m super open minded and not against drugs in general but wouldn’t date a man who smokes weed all the time. Huge turn off. Also because I’m not into weed and dislike the whole vibe. Maybe try to find someone 420 friendly?
Old 28th February 2019, 10:46 AM   #4
Established Member

I hate the smell so it wouldn't work for me.

It would also depend on the legal status. I can't abide lawbreakers. So with a prescription or where it's legal by state, if I didn't have to contend with the smell, it's probably no worse then drinking.

Personally I can't get past the smell.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 10:49 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful30 View Post
Let's put aside the stigmas and stereotypes for a moment. Assuming you would have no idea she smokes weed unless she tells you (a.k.a it doesn't interfere with her daily functioning), how would you feel about dating a women who regularly smokes/vapes cannabis?
Considering I wouldnít date a women who used tobacco, I wouldnít date her.
Simple Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 10:50 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post

Personally I can't get past the smell.
I don't know if they realize that they, and everything they own, car, clothes, etc..smells like a skunks ass...

TFY
thefooloftheyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:04 AM   #7
Established Member

If Iím not mistaken OP is from Canada. Itís legal there.

But thereís a reason people put on dating profiles ď420 friendlyĒ. They know most people who donít smoke canít stand the smell and/or vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
It would also depend on the legal status.
edgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:18 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefooloftheyear View Post
I don't know if they realize that they, and everything they own, car, clothes, etc..smells like a skunks ass...

TFY
This depends greatly on the person. When I tell others that I smoke regularly, they're actually dumbfounded. My home is always clean and shiny, smells nice, I always look professional and I'm kick ass at my job.

If everything smells like skunk, my guess is this person smokes indoors so the smell sticks to surfaces. This is reflective of home maintenance more than the smoking habit, I would say.
Old 28th February 2019, 11:19 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgygirl View Post
If Iím not mistaken OP is from Canada. Itís legal there.

But thereís a reason people put on dating profiles ď420 friendlyĒ. They know most people who donít smoke canít stand the smell and/or vibe.
You can't stand the vibe? Then you're probably hanging out with the wrong crowd lol The high vibe is supposed to be very open, kind, friendly and full of laughter, food and good company.

Those who smoke to be 'numb' or 'vegetative' are doing it all wrong and make the rest of us look bad.
Old 28th February 2019, 11:23 AM   #10
Established Member

By "medicates" do you mean a doctor prescribed the intake of cannabis? Is there an underlying medical reason?

If not..nope. I wouldn't date someone that does drugs.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:29 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
By "medicates" do you mean a doctor prescribed the intake of cannabis? Is there an underlying medical reason?

If not..nope. I wouldn't date someone that does drugs.
Well, in my personal experiences, weed helped me get over my childhood PTSD, anxiety and depression, but it was never prescribed. Does a prescription really change your opinion that much? I didn't realize a piece of paper has so much power over people's opinions. I've gotten a lot of good feedback in relation to my healthier self over the years despite people having no idea I smoked at that time (used to be a closer smoker to avoid the stigma.)

I'm telling you, when people find out I'm a regular smoker, they literally all say the same thing. "You? Really?"

It's both awesome and sucks at the same time. It's awesome because it's just another example of why people shouldn't judge by appearances. It sucks because I'm just like any other person. It shouldn't be surprising that I smoke just because I have my life (and myself) together.

I suppose if a man writes me off without being open to my story isn't worth my time to begin with.
Old 28th February 2019, 11:33 AM   #12
Established Member

I know quite a bit about "medical" cannabis, and all that crap. Not all medical mj has THC in it. Most use it for the CBD, the stuff that doesn't get you high. Sure blowin a rocket might help someone going through cancer treatment will use it so they induce appetite. But there are those who become dependent on it just like any drug addiction and will sing a song about how it benefits them. There is prescribed cannabis that is in oil drops, and edibles which would make more sense because you are not smoking it...and yes you can get lung cancer from smoking anything, even pot. So if it were me I wouldn't date someone who smokes pot. I have a lot of friends who do and I'm OK with that, they can do whatever, but to have a partner that does it...hell no. It's a lifestyle, and mine is beer so we wouldn't be a match lol.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:34 AM   #13
Established Member

The reason it would matter to me is because here, it is illegal unless there is a prescription for it. My neighbor smokes - and has a prescription - and that's fine. He's allowed to. But without that prescription, it could mean the loss of a job if a random test was administered.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 11:35 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
I know quite a bit about "medical" cannabis, and all that crap. Not all medical mj has THC in it. Most use it for the CBD, the stuff that doesn't get you high. Sure blowin a rocket might help someone going through cancer treatment will use it so they induce appetite. But there are those who become dependent on it just like any drug addiction and will sing a song about how it benefits them. There is prescribed cannabis that is in oil drops, and edibles which would make more sense because you are not smoking it...and yes you can get lung cancer from smoking anything, even pot. So if it were me I wouldn't date someone who smokes pot. I have a lot of friends who do and I'm OK with that, they can do whatever, but to have a partner that does it...hell no. It's a lifestyle, and mine is beer so we wouldn't be a match lol.
That's fair We all have a right to our preferences. May I point out, however, that beer has been known to have worse side effects (like aggression and violence) than weed.

Just sayin
Old 28th February 2019, 11:36 AM   #15
Established Member

Iíve been around a lot of people who smoke specially during university time. Basically everyone did. Iíd always leave when the happy ďweed partyĒ started as I felt I didnít belong. I think itís best for someone who smokes to be with other people who smoke. From the outside it all looks weird to me - I really dislike the vibe. And I canít smoke either as it makes me paranoid, I always hated it when I tried.

I donít judge though, if someone wants to itís cool with me. I just prefer not to date them. Just to clarify I am ok with the vibe other substances provide. Itís specifically weed I dislike. Iíve dated a few lawyers and most of them are into harder substances but that didnít bother me as theyíre responsible people and the vibe of that drug is fine with me. So as I said the problem for me is not drugs, itís specifically weed. Can you respect that people feel differently about things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful30 View Post
You can't stand the vibe? Then you're probably hanging out with the wrong crowd lol The high vibe is supposed to be very open, kind, friendly and full of laughter, food and good company.

Those who smoke to be 'numb' or 'vegetative' are doing it all wrong and make the rest of us look bad.
edgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote