LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

What do men find attractive

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2017, 7:07 AM   #31
Established Member

Attraction doesn't just come in one form.

Physical attraction is one thing.
Emotional attraction is different.
Mental attraction is also different.

Talking about the three all together will always promote disagreements and the need to over-explain to a ridiculous level.
GemmaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 7:32 AM   #32
Established Member

OK, this is going back a long time....but what I think men found attractive in me:

Not bad looking. I know how to flirt and I know how to make you feel desired. I was never a game player and I was a total rule breaker when it came to relationships. I don't make you guess how I feel. I'll make the first move. Self secure enough to not be jealous. I fart and it's OK if you do too.

That said, I would not attract conservative men. But as I have never been attracted to conservative men, this was not a problem.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 7:47 AM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
Like you, I have noticed that the more fun women are also the irresponsible type. While I find the fun ladies to be more attractive, I have learned that the more responsible ones make better partners.

Yeah for sure l know what you mean , but ya can have both. But eh only if you need it ,and l need my fun.
But then l have too much fun sense and humor for my own good but eh l'm pretty responsible too.
Both my ex w and gf later , the only two that have matterered really , both very very fun ladies and great humor but also hard workers and extremely responsible people too

One of my brothers on the other hand , married 35yrs or so guessing , they have this sorta serious type relationship, always have, you rarely see them messing around or it's just mildly if at all.
But they have this depth you can see , and a real devotion to this day.
Takes all kinds doesn't it.
They'll probably out survive us all.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 8:08 AM   #34
Established Member

Men are attracted to the vibe you throw and the vibe you throw determines what type of men you'll attract
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 8:50 AM   #35
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmacbride View Post
A question for the ladies...

What do you think men find attractive in women?
1. Physical traits, dependent on personal taste
2. Good company
3. How much attention or praise she gives him; a constant stream of ego boost is best as men like to fèel admired and respected for who they are. We all do, but men like it ostentiously shown.
4. That she makes it clear she only has eyes for him and what he has to offer.

That's based on observation from successful couples around me.

From my own personal experience, what seems to attract men is the fact I am totally unavailable. I'm also self-reliant, I'm well educated and I still get male attention at 43. I've often been told I give an air of mystery, which is completely unintended - social situations aren't my strong suit and I'm not interested in being in a relationship at all.
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 12:48 PM   #36

It is how she looks, dresses, conducts herself, manners
and never forget shared values.

So it is such a wide range of what I would find attractive.

There are preferences and there are deal breakers.

Through the years there have been Victoria Secret
models based just on looks would be my ideal woman.
Though more important there have been many that
I would never want.

A woman's attractiveness, beauty, desirability, is based
on the total sum of all the parts that she brings to the
tavolo (table).
road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 1:36 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
Your value may very well not be the shape of your butt, but that is likely what makes men want to be with you.
Dat a$$!!

She can have all the perfect yoga pants or hip-hop butt shape on this planet - if she has the personality of flea.. its of no use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
I think men like every kind of woman.
That is definitely not true. There are a number of women I know that are exceptionally beautiful that most guys go gaga over that I am not attracted to in the least bit. Mostly because they come across as fake personalities (at least to me). The guys that go ga-ga over them are also fakers. Can't stand any of them and cringe when I have to go to those house parties.

Its mostly personality and shared interests that attract me. As far as physical features.. I got a bit of a weird nose fetish. I get super attracted to a woman who I think has an exceptionally beautiful nose. I don't know why.
jjgitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 3:26 PM   #38

I am attracted to successful people. I ****ing can't stand anybody who has no career, no savings, no property, no vision, no growth, no change. She could be the sweetest thing ever but if she lacks the drive I am not impressed. I need to be impressed.

Physical features I like...mainly a nice bum, but sadly over time I feel like I've lost all physical attractions, women's features just do nothing for me at all, it's a scam!!

I pretty much hate everybody, so when it comes to personalities I find attractive, I tend to get along with people who are like me...crude insensitive humorists.
cabbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 3:30 PM   #39
Established Member

There's all kinds of answers to this. Guys liked me not because I had a good body, because i didn't, but because I had a striking face and mainly because I was cool. Yes, I said it.

As everyone knows, the broadest range of guys are attracted to a skinny girl with big boobs and an approachable face. Some guys will even forego the "skinny" if the boobs are big enough. Don't say this isn't so. I got to know some guys really well and I know things women aren't supposed to know. My crowd wasn't into butts particularly. As one said, "they all look pretty much the same once they're bent over," which is true. I checked.

The coolest guy in our circle like tall thin women with average to small boobs. Don't know why. Still working on it. My best friend was always after him and finally concluded her boobs were too big is why she couldn't get him. Honestly, you could line these women up he had relationships with and have trouble telling them apart.

Then there's guys who aren't picky and seem to fall for whoever is around them. That sounds nice, but my ex was that way, too easy to fall, and it's annoying.
Old 29th December 2017, 3:36 PM   #40
Established Member

I think it depends on how old you are because when you’re 20 you looking for different things then when you are 30 and when you’re 30 you were looking for different things than you were when you were 20.
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 4:35 PM   #41
Established Member

I think the first thing men want is thin (if they are it not!)
PhillyLibertyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 5:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyLibertyBelle View Post
I think the first thing men want is thin (if they are it not!)

Depends on the.man. I like a woman that has curves. Skinny thin does nothing for me
jjgitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 10:45 AM   #43
Established Member

The world was full of beautiful women, and I set out to kiss as many as possible. All of my life I have suffered from the Goldilocks complex. Meaning she could not too weighty, or too thin, no B-Cups, and nothing larger than a D. It was not a choice, I just plain could not get an erection.
I am also a leg man. Long, shapely skaters legs, preferably longer than mine, or else there is no way we can be semi permanent.
And that created a problem, as I am short and skinny, so while I found a good many sex partners, the ones that I was interested in having a permanent or long relationship were taller than me. And they were like myself wanting a mate who was taller than them. My ex-W was 5' 10" and my current GF of 20 plus years is a couple of inches taller than me, 38" legs compared to my 30 inch legs.
2.50 a gallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 11:33 AM   #44
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Not bad looking. I know how to flirt and I know how to make you feel desired. I was never a game player and I was a total rule breaker when it came to relationships. I don't make you guess how I feel. I'll make the first move. Self secure enough to not be jealous. I fart and it's OK if you do too.

That said, I would not attract conservative men. But as I have never been attracted to conservative men, this was not a problem.
This would be quite attractive to me! I was never one to chase after women who played aloof and didn't give me signals. I'm sure part of it is not wanting to risk rejection, but there's also something positive and exciting about feeling desired and appreciated. That's even more true today... my strategy with online dating is to try and write a good profile and watch for signals (multiple views, likes, winks, etc.). I am especially interested in women with the chutzpah to send a first message. It's indicative of personality and how they will be in a relationship.

As far as looks go... T&A and all of that, I appreciate a well proportioned body and cute face, but if a woman is super hot and seems to be trading on that, it's a turnoff to me. If she's hot and seems not to realize it, that works.
salparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 12:08 PM   #45
Established Member

I think that what most men find attractive is: hot looks (body more so than the face), extroversion/bubbliness/fun (even at the expense of being irresponsible, substance abuser, mentally ill and/or broke) and youth. I have seen it times and times again.