LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

Did I objectify my wife?

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2018, 9:55 AM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwoman View Post
Perhaps it was meant as a joke?

If you had said she was hot and didn't mention the other things it might have been a bit odd in company of your family members but as it was most women would have taken the compliment.

Bit concerned that so many people on here seem to he calling him a wimp and a pussy for caring about social justice. Women are treating like objects in many areas of our society and although his comments in this instance are OTT, it doesn't mean that it is wrong to care.
Why on earth is it “odd” to say that your spouse is hot around family members?
Social justice has become a caricature of a movement for whiny babies looking for a reason to be offended. That is why many do not take SJWs seriously.

The bottom line is the vast majority of women are turned off by men who are too soft and feminine. Social justice is responsible for demonizing men just for being masculine which is akin to women being treated poorly for our gender.
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 10:11 AM   #32
Established Member

Hi Water woman, while you are absolutely right about the essence of the sentiments expressed by Woggle's BIL, it is the context in which he expressed them that was out of kilter. Something like Don Quixote who kept tilting at windmills. It seems his marriage is not a happy one for him and that his wife does not hold him in esteem. This may have been his attempt at proving himself to be her knight in shining armour but sadly it backfired on him. Just a thought. Warm wishes.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 10:20 AM   #33
Established Member

Sorry JAG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guy View Post
Hi Water woman, while you are absolutely right about the essence of the sentiments expressed by Woggle's BIL, it is the context in which he expressed them that was out of kilter. Something like Don Quixote who kept tilting at windmills. It seems his marriage is not a happy one for him and that his wife does not hold him in esteem. This may have been his attempt at proving himself to be her knight in shining armour but sadly it backfired on him. Just a thought. Warm wishes.
Sorry JAG... it is the whole thing. The holier than thou progressive, pc, beta boy BS, as well as calling a grown A** man down for complimenting his own wife.

Depending on how much I had to drink at the time, I think I would have just punched him in the mouth.

To make matters worse, the BIL's very own wife let it be know to everyone there that he was a beta boy that was not getting the job done for her in the bedroom.

He is probably just to sensitive from all of his social justice training to really take care of her needs...
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 10:34 AM   #34
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
I said I hit the trifecta because I have she is hot, intelligent and an all around good person.

It's my job to be hell on sexual harassment, among other things, but my wife is all of these things too, and I've probably only described her as "hot" on this board around a hundred times or so.

I'd laugh this putz right the hell out of my house if he got his back up over this.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 1:54 PM   #35
Established Member

Did I miss something? When both men and woman ask me how my hot wife is doing should I be upset that they are objectifying her?? I always thought well of it but also recognize I am a male that can be a door knob.
Old 13th February 2018, 3:54 PM   #36
Established Member

At least my wife and her sister found common ground on something. They both thought he was absurd.
Old 13th February 2018, 4:47 PM   #37
Established Member

How do you even meet so many people like this, Woggle??? I've never encountered anyone who gets their hackles raised over stuff like that!
Old 13th February 2018, 5:19 PM   #38
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
How do you even meet so many people like this, Woggle??? I've never encountered anyone who gets their hackles raised over stuff like that!
I have to 2nd this.

Woggle you've written about a lot of extreme feminist, SJW, red pill and the likes. I read through a lot of your stuff andwonder how you come across these people?

I've never met anybody like that in person, only by internet.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 7:03 PM   #39
Established Member

Quote:
Just look at any comment section or twitter feed. Those comments aren't writing themselves. There are many people who think like this.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 7:14 PM   #40
Established Member

Quote:
He moved to California....should have stayed in Jersey...The hot women out here expect to be called hot...

But really...what a dope...The thing that's most hilarious is that ask any guy with a good physique how many times he's been "objectified" by a SO, and no one gave a flying crap...A zillion..

I sure hope this is not the path of the future...At least I am old enough that I won't likely see it come full circle..

TFY
Old 13th February 2018, 8:07 PM   #41
Established Member

You know, I don’t know what this guy was thinking or going on about. But from your side of the story it was clearly absurd. But for all you people who took that and ran with it talking about SJW, and liberals, and progressives, and how that relates somehow to this... give me an effing break!!! Liberals, feminists, and progressives are perfectly happy to call their spouses hot. Barrack Obama just commented on his wife’s “hotness” in front of the entire world when their portraits were being unveiled. So get a grip and don’t equate this guy’s weirdness to an entire political spectrum that you disagree with. FFS!
Veronica73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 8:12 PM   #42
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica73 View Post
You know, I don’t know what this guy was thinking or going on about. But from your side of the story it was clearly absurd. But for all you people who took that and ran with it talking about SJW, and liberals, and progressives, and how that relates somehow to this... give me an effing break!!! Liberals, feminists, and progressives are perfectly happy to call their spouses hot. Barrack Obama just commented on his wife’s “hotness” in front of the entire world when their portraits were being unveiled. So get a grip and don’t equate this guy’s weirdness to an entire political spectrum that you disagree with. FFS!
I consider myself a liberal and I say that proudly but there is a certain extreme segment of the left that seems determined to alienate everybody except for people who march in lockstep with them. I don't like self righteous totalitarians no matter what side of the aisle they are on.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 8:15 PM   #43
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
I consider myself a liberal and I say that proudly but there is a certain extreme segment of the left that seems determined to alienate everybody except for people who march in lockstep with them. I don't like self righteous totalitarians no matter what side of the aisle they are on.
I don’t like them either, but this guy just seems like a weirdo. I live in one of the most liberal cities in the country and I don’t hear people talking like that.

(Edit): but I get what you are saying and I agree with you.

Last edited by Veronica73; 13th February 2018 at 8:21 PM.. Reason: (Edit): Maybe the guy is asexual and insecure about it?
Old 13th February 2018, 8:39 PM   #44
Established Member

It’d kind of be like if I equated the stereotypical evangelical Republican who is meanwhile hiring male prostitutes or encouraging his mistress to get an abortion- with the average republican.

Last edited by Veronica73; 13th February 2018 at 8:42 PM..
Old 13th February 2018, 10:10 PM   #45
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todreaminblue View Post
for me personally if you voice your wife's ass as.....
All this talk about wives ass's, makes me want to go home and start doing some "objectifying".
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote