LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

He dumped me? [Update from merged threads]


Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree106Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2018, 11:53 AM   #31
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahke View Post
Yes and yes. It's exactly what your instincts are telling you it is.

Your relationship is over except for the breaking up if he's seeking out someone else or allowing them to reach out and take hold of him.
But wgen she asked him if hes free this week he didnt say hes free. He said he has things to do so if he was so interested in her why didnt he join her?
natashalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 11:59 AM   #32
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
So if he never confesses, you will forever be chained to him even tho his actions say he does still have feeling for her?
Also you keep saying he likes her even now but when she asked him if hes free this week he didnt say hes free. He said he has things to do so if he was so interested in her why didnt he join her? He understood she was not angry at him so why decline? Or did he just want space and think over her and his old memories and decide for her and does that mean I will be booted if he goes in her favor?
natashalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2018, 8:17 PM   #33
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by natashalove View Post
Also you keep saying he likes her even now but when she asked him if hes free this week he didnt say hes free. He said he has things to do so if he was so interested in her why didnt he join her? He understood she was not angry at him so why decline? Or did he just want space and think over her and his old memories and decide for her and does that mean I will be booted if he goes in her favor?
Oh young lady,

He is lying by omission. I suppose that you are not in favor of changing your name to "things to do".

The question is NOT why didn't he join her....the question is why he does a 180 and directs the majority of his attention to someone other than his girlfriend.

He is playing both sides against the middle. In his opinion, he can bang about with her and if he gets all his ducks inn a row and make it happen around a timetable to be with you, all the better for him!!!

And all the worse for you.

Look, I know you are still hoping someone can say something to you that you can latch on to providing you some hope of saving the relationship.

The fact however, is that you are wasting your time doing the Pick Me Dance..

I assure you that playing the Pick ME Dance will fail, And you will have only succeeded in allowing him to gaslight you ad nauseum and eventually shatter your heart yet again because of how you feel about him.

Seriously, I was not BSing you yesterday when I posted about not wasting your time on him.

You have more days ahead of you than behind you. Don't settle on this jerkwad.
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 7:00 AM   #34
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ritual View Post
Oh young lady,

He is lying by omission. I suppose that you are not in favor of changing your name to "things to do".

The question is NOT why didn't he join her....the question is why he does a 180 and directs the majority of his attention to someone other than his girlfriend.

He is playing both sides against the middle. In his opinion, he can bang about with her and if he gets all his ducks inn a row and make it happen around a timetable to be with you, all the better for him!!!

And all the worse for you.

Look, I know you are still hoping someone can say something to you that you can latch on to providing you some hope of saving the relationship.

The fact however, is that you are wasting your time doing the Pick Me Dance..

I assure you that playing the Pick ME Dance will fail, And you will have only succeeded in allowing him to gaslight you ad nauseum and eventually shatter your heart yet again because of how you feel about him.

Seriously, I was not BSing you yesterday when I posted about not wasting your time on him.

You have more days ahead of you than behind you. Don't settle on this jerkwad.
Well she clearly remembers him too so is her acknowledging his presence and reaching out to him make him fall for her even more? Considering he messed his relationship with her yet she reached too him? And has no ill feelings for him?
natashalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 11:41 AM   #35
Established Member
 
kendahke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: 38.978447, -77.018515
Posts: 6,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by natashalove View Post
But wgen she asked him if hes free this week he didnt say hes free. He said he has things to do so if he was so interested in her why didnt he join her?
Here's my question: how do you know so much about something that went on when you weren't even there to witness it first hand?
__________________
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 11:57 AM   #36
Established Member
 
kendahke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: 38.978447, -77.018515
Posts: 6,935
But to answer your question: time is on his side--he doesn't have to make a move this week if he's grooming her to be his new girlfriend. He's got all of his future to do that--immediate and distance.

We can play speculation games from now til times get better--and I can tick off excuse after excuse he might give you, but at the end of the day, you're never going to know the true answer unless you are a fly on the wall when they are together.

Either he is trustworthy or he isn't; he doesn't lie by omission, or do things that require you to turn into someone who snoops his phone or whatever clandestine reconnaissance you engaged in to get the information you're using to base this whole thing on. That ain't love. Love is quiet and assured, not secretive, frenetic and agitated.

That quote I've got as my signature line? Go look him up on youtube and watch his videos. It'll be the best thing you've done for yourself this year so far.
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 12:30 PM   #37
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahke View Post
But to answer your question: time is on his side--he doesn't have to make a move this week if he's grooming her to be his new girlfriend. He's got all of his future to do that--immediate and distance.

<snip>
U actually think they can get together? How can u say so?

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 16th February 2018 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: Truncate quote
natashalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 1:08 PM   #38
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by natashalove View Post
U actually think they can get together? How can u say so?

Why do you think they can't? Or won't? Or haven't already?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 2:06 PM   #39
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 13,424
He probably knows you are or maybe will be stalking him so they act nonchalant in public.
__________________

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 2:31 PM   #40
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Why do you think they can't? Or won't? Or haven't already?
Coz he doesnt go to his uni a lot and shes there. Earlier there was tension but now they patched up but he hasnt gone to see her or anything since the last 3 days ???? and my friend said they didnt even exchange nos so they havent gotten together.

He does 2 jobs and is trying to get a job. So why will he go for a girl who is still studying at his ex university?
natashalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 2:32 PM   #41
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
He probably knows you are or maybe will be stalking him so they act nonchalant in public.
Thats not true . When he was trying to get with her in June he would act the same. He only prefers talking to her 1 on 1 and in private.
natashalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 4:08 PM   #42
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 13,424
Well looks like you will have to come to your own conclusion then.

Last edited by smackie9; 16th February 2018 at 4:11 PM..
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 4:21 PM   #43
Established Member
 
kendahke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: 38.978447, -77.018515
Posts: 6,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by natashalove View Post
U actually think they can get together? How can u say so?
Like I said:
Quote:
We can play speculation games from now til times get better--and I can tick off excuse after excuse he might give you
I noticed you avoided answering this, so I'm posing it again:
Quote:
Here's my question: how do you know so much about something that went on when you weren't even there to witness it first hand?
You're asking us for answers to a question we have none for--we don't know his mind. We don't even know him, so how can we tell you what his intent is? Your guess is as good as ours and since none of our answers seem to satisfy you, you're going to have to come up with your own resolution on this.

Why don't you just go up to their university and confront her over this?
Quote:
and my friend said ...
Whoever set your hair on fire over this needs to ride with you, since she's the one feeding you this mess about him.

Last edited by kendahke; 16th February 2018 at 4:31 PM..
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 4:29 PM   #44
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahke View Post
Like I said:


I noticed you avoided answering this, so I'm posing it again:
My friend told me every single bit. She overheard everything and saw them too.
natashalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2018, 5:20 PM   #45
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by natashalove View Post
Well she clearly remembers him too so is her acknowledging his presence and reaching out to him make him fall for her even more? Considering he messed his relationship with her yet she reached too him? And has no ill feelings for him?

Obviously you are still in deep denial.

I understand. We don't like to be told things we know deep down are true, even when scrambling in a crisis made not of out own making

Stop blaming her. She is not n a relationship with you. The guy you are so willing to keep who gives not one whit about you is the problem.

I wish you well. I find it sad that you are so willing to follow this turd down the toilet while your eyes are wide open.

Basically we have tried our best. It is up to you to ether take the advice(which you seem unwilling to even fathom) or not.

I hate to see people come back in 6 months saying we were all right from the get go. I realize you will be one of those same people. We take no comfort in being right, and when you return in 6 months or less(which you will), we will not gloat but be here to support you.

Best of luck and see you next August
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.