So how many of you guys will respond to your ex this holiday?

JohnnyLoverBoy

This is tough.

I'm the dumpEE so I'm still all heartbroken and boo hoo-ing and taking it pretty badly.

I may actually be the one to contact him. I'm going to try my hardest not to though.

That's why I need this forum so much to help gain my self control back! Geez.

• Like 6
  • Author
JohnnyLoverBoy

That's ok. I'm pretty confuse too actually. My heart says greet my head says No.

This is tough.

I'm the dumpEE so I'm still all heartbroken and boo hoo-ing and taking it pretty badly.

I may actually be the one to contact him. I'm going to try my hardest not to though.

• Like 1
This is tough.

I'm the same as Me85. Just about 2 months post BU and been feeling down for the past 3 weeks until yesterday...feeling alright.

I honestly don't know. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I think if I don't get a text from her, I'll get one from her parents...which I think would put me in an even tougher spot.... :confused:

• Like 2

If anyone feels the need to respond, a simple thank you should be all that comes out of your mouth.

Zero expectations, don't expect to hear from them, and if you do, don't expect because they wish you a happy holidays they want you back.

My 2 pennies.

Barky

• Like 11

I think it might be depends if the relationship end well or bad but yeah don't expect is the best move..

If they do greet.

Say

"Thank you. Same too you"

or

"Same too you" <- This might be the best cause it's shorter dunno hehe

• Like 4
I'm the same as Me85. Just about 2 months post BU and been feeling down for the past 3 weeks until yesterday...feeling alright.

I honestly don't know. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I think if I don't get a text from her, I'll get one from her parents...which I think would put me in an even tougher spot.... :confused:

See, and I have a feeling I WILL get a text from my ex AND quite possibly even from his Mother :confused:

I see nothing wrong with it but when the time comes, will it make me all warm and fuzzy-giving me false hope, OR will I just be the realist I am knowing not to take it for more than what it is...them just being NICE ?

Guess it just depends on how I will be feeling that day. :o

I think it might be depends if the relationship end well or bad but yeah don't expect is the best move..

If they do greet.

Say

"Thank you. Same too you"

or

"Same too you" <- This might be the best cause it's shorter dunno hehe

Yeah ours was on pretty good terms. She initiated but I agreed, it was amicable. I'll prob do that...idk though. I've been good about going NC, don't wanna break that now lol

• Like 1

Interesting topic.

I never thought much about it but if my ex contacts me, I would probably respond but that's only because I was with her for 7 years and I think she deserves some respect considering at the end of the relationship I was being cold.

I know I don't want to be with her but I still care about her so as long as I keep that in mind, I don't think it will matter if she pops out of nowhere.

Ps: been No contact since late June

• Like 1
Yeah ours was on pretty good terms. She initiated but I agreed, it was amicable. I'll prob do that...idk though. I've been good about going NC, don't wanna break that now lol

We ended on good terms too even though I made it known that I didn't want the BU.

I'm good at NC as well but that's not what I want.

hello. this is my first post also plz forgive me about my bad english. i was into a 6 years relationship with my exgirl and we broke up exactly 1 month til now(22/10).

she dump me coz she wanted to take care of herself she had a lot of problems with her work and health issues and she decided that she needed changes in her life. i dint expected that i wanted this year to make the step up with her and move together but everything now is history.

for me holidays are the worst time of the year and it will be really hard we allways stayed together in xmas and had great memories. also the worst part its that my birthday is also around the corner so this month for me it will be one of the hardest of my life.

in the period of 30days that passed i made some moves for reconnection but she is negative about so from yesterday and after looking all those great post in this forum i decided that for my own good now its the time to go into nc i deleted her phone numbers facebook etc i send her a last email with my thoughts and that from now on she will not see or listen enything from me(i dont want to stay friend with her i cant look her as a friend you know how it goes)

thank you all for your great posts and hello boys and girls its my first NC day :D yes its hard

Good thread.

I've been contemplating the thought..

don't know if I'm going to take a gamble and reach out; probably not. I won't be healed by Christmas and I'd prefer a text that day instead of Thanksgiving. I'm not expecting any wishes from him, but I'd like to think he'd remember all the crap I got him last Christmas and appreciate it. If he does reach out I'd feel inclined to respond but would be weary about any extended conversation. It just feels rude not to, when he's taking the time to consider me. It would be nice to know I'm a passing thought. We ended on decent terms unless he resents me now.

Edited by HorseLuck
  • Like 3
crazybestie101
So how many of you guys will respond or greet your ex this coming holiday?

I think I will not greet or respond either :p

He dumped me!! its been 1.5 months of NC.I am neither replying nor wishing him any thing . I have closed all ways where he can contact me except calling. He lives on texting and emails so i know he wont call. Though i still love him a lot but the way he treated me after BU , he doesn't deserve any good wishes for now.

• Like 3
JustAnotherStranger

To eliminate any hope of her contacting me, I've blocked her from all social media outlets, and I've also blocked her number. Her number was unblocked until earlier this week, but I got tired of clinging on to false hope of her contacting me, even though I wouldn't respond anyways.Technically she can e-mail me, but considering she's only sent me 1 or 2 e-mails before, I'm not really considering that a communication channel. In other words, I can't respond to my ex because there will be nothing to respond to :).

However, I feel that it's likely I will receive some sort of holiday wishes from her mother. I'd like to consider myself somewhat of a gentleman, so I'll most likely reciprocate the wishes.

• Like 4

Yeah I'm really on the fence about this, I anticipate a text with a simple merry Xmas to you and your family, I doubt she will send anything on thanksgiving. The reason I think ill get a message is because she found out through the grape vine that my grandfather passed away almost 2 months ago and I got a text about that, all I responded with was thank you, that is the only contact I've had with her in almost 2 months.

Do you think a simple "thank you, you too" is breaking NC? Things did not end well at all, she cheated on me (made out with some guy) and left me out of the blue when we were living together (4 1/2 year r/s). Last text Convo we had was pretty nasty, her calling me an ******* and a dick. She could have a bf right now an I wouldint know.

I'd really like your opinion on my specific situation, thanks guys.

BruisedBNBroken

Same question as bobby326 above.

Is replying "thank you" or "you too" considered breaking no contact? Does the clock start over again? I'm only 10 days NC (double digits finally!) and I know people say to let go and stop counting but I have my own internal goal of 60 days for now. Does a reply to a holiday message make NC start again at day 1??

• Like 1
Same question as bobby326 above.

Is replying "thank you" or "you too" considered breaking no contact? Does the clock start over again? I'm only 10 days NC (double digits finally!) and I know people say to let go and stop counting but I have my own internal goal of 60 days for now. Does a reply to a holiday message make NC start again at day 1??

Technically speaking yes. When my ex dumped me less than a week before the holidays, I thought it would be no big deal to respond to his holiday messages.

But I still had feelings for him. And even though I was able to leave it at a simple "you too", it set the stage for me to break NC altogether and try being his friend after the holidays were over - - because - - as much as I didn't want to admit it - - those holidays breadcrumbs meant more to me than I cared to admit.

Needless to say the trying to be friends route didn't work out and I had to re-start NC all over again.

i don't think my ex will ever contact me especially not at christmas. she has a huge family to keep her busy.

last christmas we had a big fight too and christmas day was horrible, i can't even remember what it was about. i just look back and think wow this is definitely something to learn from. i wouldn't let that happen again i wish i would of just sucked it up grabbed her and said "i'm sorry, this is silly let's go have fun".

• Like 1
devastated777

I'm sending my ex liar/cheater a book from amazon about how to blow her mind at oral sex. having it gift wrapped and printing on the car "Merry Christmas Boo"