LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Blocked.

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Established Member

Blocked.

Well I finally went through with blocking my ex's number yesterday. I felt relieved at first, but now am starting to feel a little down because I know that it means I will probably never hear from her again. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like those breadcrumbs texts that said things like "I miss you" or just anything for that matter. Seeing that she still cared to reach out to me was nice, and to know that I was missed. I do realize that blocking was needed for my healing, I obviously couldn't handle the texts anymore. I just felt like venting.

This should pass right?
na49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Established Member

How often were you getting texts
Amelie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Established Member

It is normal you feel like this like i said. It is part of the grieving process. Just remember that your goal is to be finally over her and indifferent. And you are moving toward this goal and it isn't easy.

You will bounce back but need to get used to the idea that the EXCITEMENT and the drama of the breakup (including posting here) is going to go away and will leave you feeling somewhat empty and you need to stand on your own and find other outlets.

Your brain and coping mechanisms will readjust to the new reality eventually. Stay strong bud.

Im in the same boat. Still dealing with the fact she isn't coming back and wont be texting emailing me anymore. It is so permanent and we need to get used to it and we can.

Last edited by cavalier99; 29th December 2012 at 12:26 PM..
cavalier99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Established Member

I never understood how people could get an email or text and just delete without reading it. But I'm beginning to understand this is probably the best. We REEEEAAALLY need to let go completely. It is hard to let go to this extent but it is the path we need to be on to recover.
Old 29th December 2012, 12:46 PM   #5
Established Member

I got a text the previous four days. (not yesterday, that's when I told her to leave me alone)

Dealing with this sucks... Because now I KNOW she can't text me. It doesn't help me, I just loved seeing that she still cared. Hating this. but I have to deal with it. She's gone. She's been gone. and she isn't coming back.
Old 29th December 2012, 1:12 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by na49 View Post
I got a text the previous four days. (not yesterday, that's when I told her to leave me alone)

Dealing with this sucks... Because now I KNOW she can't text me. It doesn't help me, I just loved seeing that she still cared. Hating this. but I have to deal with it. She's gone. She's been gone. and she isn't coming back.
I know. Its called "REALITY"

And we need to face it. I know your hating.. it but you will readjust. This is actually progress believe it or not. Cry if you need to.
Old 29th December 2012, 1:20 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier99 View Post
I know. Its called "REALITY"

And we need to face it. I know your hating.. it but you will readjust. This is actually progress believe it or not. Cry if you need to.
You're right. It's like an emotional tennis match with myself. Right after I tell myself it's for the best, I tell myself "it is... but is it really for the best because of how I feel now?" I told her to leave me alone so I won't hear from her for a while anyway. I also haven't cried over this in a while, but may need to if it keeps up.
Old 29th December 2012, 1:25 PM   #8
Established Member

Nice!

Yes this feeling will pass, of course! And when it does, if you stick around here, you will be sharing your story with other people encouraging them to do the same thing cause you'll have experienced for yourself how it works!
veggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 1:35 PM   #9
Established Member

I hope it passes sooner than later. I feel like I've finally let go, something that shouldn't be as hard as it is considering my ex hasn't felt the same way in almost 3 months. I almost feel like I have set myself back a bit for the short term. All of a sudden I feel like reaching out to her and explaining everything or trying to be friends in the future. Then I realize neither of those are good ideas.

I hate this emotional roller coaster! Someone stop the ride I wanna get off!

Old 29th December 2012, 2:02 PM   #10
Established Member

Ah I feel the same way after blocking also. I find since I've blocked, it's made me think about him more and made me feel more down, feels like a regression! Doesn't it give you anxiety, being completely disconnected from someone that was once the closest thing to you? It's strange. But I guess Cav is right, it's progress
boblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 2:14 PM   #11
Established Member

I guess so. Anything they say to us really doesn't help us in any way. It doesn't matter to them because they are over us so they have no idea what kind of damage they do to us moving on with simple "hi i miss you" texts. That being said, I will definitely miss them
Old 29th December 2012, 2:27 PM   #12
Established Member

The problem is that she doesn't miss you - she misses your attention. She misses knowing she has a guy strung along that she can get attention and affection from anytime she wants without having to do anything in return.

I don't think it's nice. I think it's manipulative.
Treasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 2:28 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasa View Post
The problem is that she doesn't miss you - she misses your attention. She misses knowing she has a guy strung along that she can get attention and affection from anytime she wants without having to do anything in return.

I don't think it's nice. I think it's manipulative.
I'll be rereading that a few times because you are right lol. She is that type of person.
Old 29th December 2012, 2:31 PM   #14

did you love her?
loves2hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 2:32 PM   #15

im sticking to NC! blocked him out of everything!! I feel much better knowing that he can't hurt me anymore. I'm hiding my heart away from him!
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
sadbunnyy is offline   Reply With Quote