Harrasment update: Cops last night, restraining order next?

SilverBlueAndGold

SilverBlueAndGold

I mentioned something about the weird emails I have been getting here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/321454-getting-anonymous-emails-i-think-ex

Yesterday I got home to a package in the mail with a letter and what looked at first like the ravings of a lunatic. It was 3 pages of two line stanzas about me, my faults, my friends, my family and just basically slander. After reading the letter I realized that this is supposedly the lines to a song she wrote about me and posted to Youtube so everybody will know how horrible I am. It's downright scary seeing somebody that claimed to have loved you take the very things that you shared with them out of trust and turn them against you in a hateful way.

The letter was two pages of scathing insults against me, how I am abusive and everybody around her knows it and I need to "look over my shoulder" and whatnot.

It's been over 19 days since I had any contact at all, I did nothing to provoke this. I am just trying to live my life in peace and move on but she is acting so bizzare that I called the Police station to see what if any my options are, if nothing else to get this on record. Somebody came over and talked to me and took notes etc. I don't know about a restraining order, that will cost me money and time and they are not all that useful are they?

This is really bothering me; part of it is I just cannot comprehend her anger, venom and vindictiveness. She has flipped from "I love you and want you back" to " I hate you go to hell" so many times over the past month that it just gives me a headache. The truth is I loved her, never lied, never did anything to hurt her save a couple of drunken fights we had and those were due to issues that she created and refused to address (like cheating on me, accusing me of things I never did and alienating me from my friends). I don't claim to be 100% innocent but I sure as hell am not 100% guilty either.

She apparently has the whole world convinced she is some sort of victim here yet I am the one being stalked and harassed.

:(

marqueemoon4

sorry dude. you've got a real psycho on your hands. as long as you don't react and do the right things you should be ok, hang in there.

She's gone from one extreme to another, one moment adoring you and the next slandering you, because she will go at any lengths to get a reaction from you. If being nice doesn't entice you to respond, then maybe slander will, or maybe insults will and if that doesn't work then maybe go back to being nice again. It is a headache to deal with speaking from experience.

It's good that you reported it and you have it recorded. The best thing to do is to continue ignoring. At some point she will tire herself out. If not, maybe it would be time to get the money and let her know you mean business.

My ex and I went from talks of marriage and a child, to what you are describing exactly. It was absolutely unbelievable to watch. We had a fight that broke us up, where I handled it horribly, but I had no ill intent. At this point we had a year of amazing history behind us that should have been worth fighting for, but not in her eyes. What made this all so crazy, was that when we first started dating we had endless issues related to her heavy drinking. For our first two months she was worst girlfriend ever, and made then broke every single promise she made to quit drinking. When she was drunk, she was downright nasty with me. I broke up with her, and had I just walked and never got back with her, I could have easily, and fairly labeled her as an abusive alcoholic. That is all I got from her those first two months. The night I ended it officially 100%, was a night that she was boozing and being nasty to me by text, while I was sitting at home, I said forget it I'll never be with you again. The next morning 8am my phone is blowing up with apologies, but I wouldn't touch it, respond, nothing. So she shows up at my house, OMG I'm soo sorry, I need you, I love you, I didn' mean it, don't give up on us, give me one chance to get it right, on and on.... You know what, she got it right. She quit drinking, we had amazing relationship, I fell in love with the girl, and she meant the world to me.

So then now let's go back to our fight where it was my fault a year later. Truth is, it was over her son, who I felt she wasn't sticking up for at a time that she should have been (too long a story). Huge fight, we split, she sends me an email that details every single thing I got wrong from day 1 of the relationship (all things I NEVER heard come out of her mouth before), tells me she's blocking my email and phone number so I can't respond back, and that she was nothing but nice to me and I threw it away, I don't deserve her. What??? But wait, it gets better. She now spends the next 6 months telling her friends, my friends, acquaintances, that she just got out of relationship with crazy, psychotic, abusive boyfriend and how awful I was to her, and how she's now scared of me, and she has to get PFA against me, and her girlfriends are sharing this story on her behalf as well.

I didn't to anything to warrant her venomous behaviour, and what was even worse about it, was I can only imagine how this girl would have felt if I would have done the same to her after I broke up with her. She would have been devastated. She expected forgiveness, and when she didn't like something she felt it her prerogative to just run around and try to destroy my reputation around town.

In the end, my reputation precedes me, as does hers. I have a great group of amazing friends, and she's a 40 year old woman that goes out and gets drunk every weekend with 25 year olds. She uses the story about me when going out drinking, and my friends basically say "so Mike abused you, and because of that you are now a raging alcoholic who sleeps around with numerous guys?". People can see thru the BS. If you didn't earn what she is shoveling, what she is shoveling will end up back on top of her.

I bet you whatever you want that if you keep ignoring her this will escalate to a new highs.

You were smart you called the police but at next sign then just spend the money in a good cause.

Record the youtube video NOW!

For whatever reason she is doing all this to get a reaction from you.

Why ? I dont know,she is just sick and doesnt know how to reach out in a normal way.

You got two options : ask why or ignore her.If you do ignore then count on new problems.

Mine was quiet for 4 weeks and then out of the blue she made horrible comments about me in a forum.I would have never expected that from her.She always sounded so fair-minded.Reason ? probably she wants to hear from me and she feel embarrassed after the way she broke up with me.Got to be something like fear of rejection, pride...who knows! they are crazy.

Careful my man! she might bring in somebody else...be careful!

I mentioned something about the weird emails I have been getting here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/321454-getting-anonymous-emails-i-think-ex

Yesterday I got home to a package in the mail with a letter and what looked at first like the ravings of a lunatic. It was 3 pages of two line stanzas about me, my faults, my friends, my family and just basically slander. After reading the letter I realized that this is supposedly the lines to a song she wrote about me and posted to Youtube so everybody will know how horrible I am. It's downright scary seeing somebody that claimed to have loved you take the very things that you shared with them out of trust and turn them against you in a hateful way.

The letter was two pages of scathing insults against me, how I am abusive and everybody around her knows it and I need to "look over my shoulder" and whatnot.

It's been over 19 days since I had any contact at all, I did nothing to provoke this. I am just trying to live my life in peace and move on but she is acting so bizzare that I called the Police station to see what if any my options are, if nothing else to get this on record. Somebody came over and talked to me and took notes etc. I don't know about a restraining order, that will cost me money and time and they are not all that useful are they?

This is really bothering me; part of it is I just cannot comprehend her anger, venom and vindictiveness. She has flipped from "I love you and want you back" to " I hate you go to hell" so many times over the past month that it just gives me a headache. The truth is I loved her, never lied, never did anything to hurt her save a couple of drunken fights we had and those were due to issues that she created and refused to address (like cheating on me, accusing me of things I never did and alienating me from my friends). I don't claim to be 100% innocent but I sure as hell am not 100% guilty either.

She apparently has the whole world convinced she is some sort of victim here yet I am the one being stalked and harassed.

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
My ex and I went from talks of marriage and a child, to what you are describing exactly. It was absolutely unbelievable to watch.

Yes! This was us too, including talks of marriage. Wow, so glad I missed that landmine! :sick:

We had a fight that broke us up, where I handled it horribly, but I had no ill intent. At this point we had a year of amazing history behind us that should have been worth fighting for, but not in her eyes. What made this all so crazy, was that when we first started dating we had endless issues related to her heavy drinking. For our first two months she was worst girlfriend ever, and made then broke every single promise she made to quit drinking. When she was drunk, she was downright nasty with me. I broke up with her, and had I just walked and never got back with her, I could have easily, and fairly labeled her as an abusive alcoholic. That is all I got from her those first two months. The night I ended it officially 100%, was a night that she was boozing and being nasty to me by text, while I was sitting at home, I said forget it I'll never be with you again. The next morning 8am my phone is blowing up with apologies, but I wouldn't touch it, respond, nothing. So she shows up at my house, OMG I'm soo sorry, I need you, I love you, I didn' mean it, don't give up on us, give me one chance to get it right, on and on.... You know what, she got it right. She quit drinking, we had amazing relationship, I fell in love with the girl, and she meant the world to me.

All of this sounds soooooo familiar. Seriously, our exes sound like long lost sisters.

So then now let's go back to our fight where it was my fault a year later. Truth is, it was over her son, who I felt she wasn't sticking up for at a time that she should have been (too long a story). Huge fight, we split, she sends me an email that details every single thing I got wrong from day 1 of the relationship (all things I NEVER heard come out of her mouth before), tells me she's blocking my email and phone number so I can't respond back, and that she was nothing but nice to me and I threw it away, I don't deserve her. What??? But wait, it gets better. She now spends the next 6 months telling her friends, my friends, acquaintances, that she just got out of relationship with crazy, psychotic, abusive boyfriend and how awful I was to her, and how she's now scared of me, and she has to get PFA against me, and her girlfriends are sharing this story on her behalf as well.

Are these women working from some sort of common playbook that I don't know about?? The way everything is getting turned back on me is exactly what you describe. And I mean exactly! The second time we broke up I tried to handle it civilally and her response was "Do not ever contact me again or I will get a restraining order"

Um, what? I just said I am sad and heartbroken its over but wish you well, why would you need a restraining order?

I didn't to anything to warrant her venomous behaviour, and what was even worse about it, was I can only imagine how this girl would have felt if I would have done the same to her after I broke up with her. She would have been devastated. She expected forgiveness, and when she didn't like something she felt it her prerogative to just run around and try to destroy my reputation around town.

This is my fear right now. I have not said one word to put her down. Not one. Yet she made sure to let me know that she is shouting from the rooftops how horrible I am. Of course nobody else knows her insecurity that accused me of everything from talking to other women to mob ties, or her deep depressions where she was intolerable to be around, or her constantly throwing her ex FWBs in my face, even showing me the booty call texts she was STILL getting a year after we had been togehter because she didnt bother to tell any of these guys that she has a boyfriend, or one day after a big fight she screwed some married guy in a bar bathroom.

Yea, I am sure she points all that out too. Unreal.

In the end, my reputation precedes me, as does hers. I have a great group of amazing friends, and she's a 40 year old woman that goes out and gets drunk every weekend with 25 year olds. She uses the story about me when going out drinking, and my friends basically say "so Mike abused you, and because of that you are now a raging alcoholic who sleeps around with numerous guys?". People can see thru the BS. If you didn't earn what she is shoveling, what she is shoveling will end up back on top of her.

It's sad, but somewhat encouraging. If you think of anything else I should be doing let me know, since you have already been in this particular war.

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
I bet you whatever you want that if you keep ignoring her this will escalate to a new highs.

You were smart you called the police but at next sign then just spend the money in a good cause.

You got two options : ask why or ignore her.If you do ignore then count on new problems.

Careful my man! she might bring in somebody else...be careful!

Ok, mixed messages here. I think you are the first to suggest I contact to ask why; I don't feel comfortable doing that because I know there is no reasoning with her at all and anything I say can and will just be used against me.

Have you had experience with this where contacting the person helped? I would be interested in any details.

Thanks

I went thru this recently with a girl after only seeing each other for 1-2 months.

I ended it and all hell broke lose. She scared me. One day "why, I want you back, see me and you will see what we have together" and the next day was "I hate you". Then it turned into "you never cared, you don't care" because I went 100% NC with her. I got notes in the door too. She would text me to tell me she was on her way to my house..I would leave.

It was difficult to watch as I cared about her and I was concerned for her and her health.

She met someone recently who I indirectly introduced her to while we were seeing each other so now life is good..sort of. I still get a text or email every few days. In fact, I was getting nice ones earlier this week..then one today about what a horrible person I am.

It's difficult not to defend yourself..but don't..this is her issue, not yours.

I wanted you to know, you are not alone! It really makes your head spin when you deal with something like this. Gee, was I that bad? AM I abusive? I'll apologize, we'll talk it out. You won't talk to me, I don't deserve it?? On, and on, and on....

I've had soo many interesting encounters since our split. For example, a buddy I haven't seen in years, that is PA State Constable, he's the kind of guy who would serve a PFA. He knows me VERY well, don't buy her BS, but boy did this guy warn me. He said in the Law, the one time you are guilty until proven innocent, is in cases of a PFA. In most cases, the girl really needs it, and her life/safety may be on the line. But if you take a girl gone psycho, like ours, she can just make life hell. He said if you see her somewhere out, leave. Normally drive by her house to get somewhere, then find/take a longer route to get around her. She goes certain places certain days, then don't go anywhere near those places at those times. Avoid her at all costs, which is exactly what I did last summer when the stories started getting back to me.

It sucks, it hurts, it's brutal, but don't let them win with a PFA. Don't worry, your girl will hang herself, just let her have time and she will do it. Remember you said you read my anniversary story a couple weeks back... my ex is a middle school teacher, and two weeks ago drove home drunk with a 21 year old to have sex. She's always driving drunk, she's gonna get popped and lose her career. And if anyone from the school board sees this, or one of those boy's parents, ditto. She's self destructing, I'm just steering clear.

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
I wanted you to know, you are not alone! It really makes your head spin when you deal with something like this. Gee, was I that bad? AM I abusive? I'll apologize, we'll talk it out. You won't talk to me, I don't deserve it?? On, and on, and on..../QUOTE]

Yep, endless circling around the drain. The testing never stops...

I've had soo many interesting encounters since our split. For example, a buddy I haven't seen in years, that is PA State Constable, he's the kind of guy who would serve a PFA. He knows me VERY well, don't buy her BS, but boy did this guy warn me. He said in the Law, the one time you are guilty until proven innocent, is in cases of a PFA. In most cases, the girl really needs it, and her life/safety may be on the line. But if you take a girl gone psycho, like ours, she can just make life hell. He said if you see her somewhere out, leave. Normally drive by her house to get somewhere, then find/take a longer route to get around her. She goes certain places certain days, then don't go anywhere near those places at those times. Avoid her at all costs, which is exactly what I did last summer when the stories started getting back to me.

What does PFA stand for?

It sucks, it hurts, it's brutal, but don't let them win with a PFA. Don't worry, your girl will hang herself, just let her have time and she will do it. Remember you said you read my anniversary story a couple weeks back... my ex is a middle school teacher, and two weeks ago drove home drunk with a 21 year old to have sex. She's always driving drunk, she's gonna get popped and lose her career. And if anyone from the school board sees this, or one of those boy's parents, ditto. She's self destructing, I'm just steering clear.

I do recall your story, it stood out because ours are so similar. She too is the textbook cougar. How could I forget, the whole time we were together she got off on showing my pictures of these kids that could literally be her sons. She even has a collage of these guys with their shirts off and got some evil glee out of parading it in front of me. :sick:

Steering clear has been an instinct since day one, so nothing new there! I am just shocked at this recent outburst when I did nothing to provoke it.

Hi Silver,

yes,with a true psycho woman and SHE DID INVOLVE SOMEBODY ELSE!.

I was lucky enough I got to know and decided to contact her to bring down the anger level.I played it smart and went along with her comments and my "you got a point there...sorry you feel that way..."

What did I care ? just wanted the psycho out of my life.

I didnt want any reconciliation or whatsoever and thats why I contacted her, cause I didnt care one bit of the outcome, just wanted to get rid of her.

If you can, record the conversation!! I did :)

She backed up and things got sorted out because I controlled my anger.

Dont be naive and think this is the end,she will be back very soon,and in her anger and frustration she might do REALLY crazy things,like thrid parties.

Shame I cant post you a PM because I could share more info with you.

You wouldnt sleep comfy tonight...

Ok, mixed messages here. I think you are the first to suggest I contact to ask why; I don't feel comfortable doing that because I know there is no reasoning with her at all and anything I say can and will just be used against me.

Have you had experience with this where contacting the person helped? I would be interested in any details.

Thanks

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
Hi Silver,

I was lucky enough I got to know and decided to contact her to bring down the anger level.I played it smart and went along with her comments and my "you got a point there...sorry you feel that way..."

I didnt want any reconciliation or whatsoever and thats why I contacted her, cause I didnt care one bit of the outcome, just wanted to get rid of her.

Dont be naive and think this is the end,she will be back very soon,and in her anger and frustration she might do REALLY crazy things,like thrid parties.

I see where you are coming from and that may work in some cases. But I honestly have had MANY conversations just like that, both during our relationship and after the break up. Every other conversation with her ended in one of two ways:

You are a wonderful person and I will never forget you, hope we can see eachother in the future.

OR

I hate you all you did was use me you made a lot of enemies I hope you rot in hell.

These two endings have been played back to back over and over and over. So my experience has taught me that there is just no reasoning with her, because too many times I have walked away with the first ending only to see the second ending come screaming out of nowhere again.

Hi Silver,

Gee, this is one ominous post. I dated a woman with bipolar once and it didn't even escalate to this.

Mine was borderline...and the last one a REAL TRUE psycopath...pathological liar, you name it and she went overboard with terrible acussations.

Yep, I love you today and tomorrow will give you hell.

Gee, this is one ominous post. I dated a woman with bipolar once and it didn't even escalate to this.

Remember that there are always 2 breakups that happen.. The Public one and the Real one...

Many times you can't win them both.. win the real one and let the public breakup go to her.

If you stoop to her level to try and win the public breakup you will lose the real one. In losing the real breakup you might find yourself on the wrong side of the law as well.

Pay attention to what the police have told you.. make sure you do not contact her...ever.

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
Mine was borderline...and the last one a REAL TRUE psycopath...pathological liar, you name it and she went overboard with terrible acussations.

Yep, I love you today and tomorrow will give you hell.

I have seen many symptoms and behaviour patterns that lean towards my ex being a textbook Borderline Personality Waif.

It's scary reading about that because it's like a window on her soul. *shudder*

And believe it or not I still care for her. Not enough to throw myself under the bus again, but she is really missing a lot in life.

Edited by SilverBlueAndGold

PFA - Protection From Abuse

In my readings, my ex sounds very much like Borderline Personality Disorder. She once loved me soo intensely, I came along and saved her from that lifestyle she didn't want anymore, I was the father her kids never had, etc. THEN, I am crazy psychotic abusive boyfriend. Quite the swing of emotions.

Remember that there are always 2 breakups that happen.. The Public one and the Real one...

Many times you can't win them both.. win the real one and let the public breakup go to her.

If you stoop to her level to try and win the public breakup you will lose the real one. In losing the real breakup you might find yourself on the wrong side of the law as well.

Pay attention to what the police have told you.. make sure you do not contact her...ever.

Well said..I found myself wanting to defend myself and quickly stopped. I was difficult to do, but it was the right thing to do.

A breakup is a breakup. It's not about winning or losing. It's not a battle or a war.

Silver is taking things too personally. Her actions are projections of her own internal struggles. They have NO REFLECTION on Silver himself . This isn't a game, this is her trying to figure out herself. Pouring gasoline on a fire by calling the police or getting a restraining order is not going to fix the problem. Of her.

Silver can do one of 2 things ignore them go NC and move forward or empathize and understand this has nothing to do with him

• Like 1
A breakup is a breakup. It's not about winning or losing. It's not a battle or a war.

Silver is taking things too personally. Her actions are projections of her own internal struggles. They have NO REFLECTION on Silver himself . This isn't a game, this is her trying to figure out herself. Pouring gasoline on a fire by calling the police or getting a restraining order is not going to fix the problem. Of her.

Silver can do one of 2 things ignore them go NC and move forward or empathize and understand this has nothing to do with him

I agree with Wilson...

Not just cause of my crush but, because I really think he hit it spot on

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I have to say I have never experienced this so I am a little uneasy. Going NC is nothing new for me, I have had no contact at all since 4/1. In fact the police offered to go talk to her and I declined because I really do not want to provoke her in anyway.

He said he sees this often and it usually just pitters out when they get bored. That is what I am hoping for...

• Like 1

Just had a similar experience - wow its freaky!

She told me she couldnt feel guilty for how my parents treated me when i was younger, while sending me message after message of abuse. this followed a conversation a few months prior where i told her she was abusive, and that while i can understand lashing out in an argument there was no justfification for abuse,

message after message criticising me, im mental, im no good, i used her, i pushed her to the brink. i replied with, i cared about you and hope you find happiness.

kinda like they dont want you, but they dont want you to leave unscathed? they want to make sure your carrying crap around with you....part of me hates the fact i was so civil and nice, but part of me thinks i was the bigger person. sorry to hear your going through this too, thoughts are with you

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
PFA - Protection From Abuse

In my readings, my ex sounds very much like Borderline Personality Disorder. She once loved me soo intensely, I came along and saved her from that lifestyle she didn't want anymore, I was the father her kids never had, etc. THEN, I am crazy psychotic abusive boyfriend. Quite the swing of emotions.

Ok I am guessing that is like a restraining order? I am following Wilsons advice and not going there, going to just lie low and hope it blows over.

Just had a similar experience - wow its freaky!

She told me she couldnt feel guilty for how my parents treated me when i was younger, while sending me message after message of abuse. this followed a conversation a few months prior where i told her she was abusive, and that while i can understand lashing out in an argument there was no justfification for abuse,

message after message criticising me, im mental, im no good, i used her, i pushed her to the brink. i replied with, i cared about you and hope you find happiness.

kinda like they dont want you, but they dont want you to leave unscathed? they want to make sure your carrying crap around with you....part of me hates the fact i was so civil and nice, but part of me thinks i was the bigger person. sorry to hear your going through this too, thoughts are with you

Yea that sums it up pretty well; 'if I am in pain, you will be in pain too' seems to be the order of the day. Thing is, I HAVE been in pain! Heartbroken, missing her and slogging through each day. The few times we had contact during this she assumed I was off having the time of my life or something until she saw how haggard I looked. Then she admitted that I was hurting too, but as soon as we had no contact for a while she just assumes I am over her or something and the whole thing starts over. :sick:

Ahh Grasshopper... you have so much to learn....

While a breakup is a breakup, when TPO's, Police, and Stalking happen it certainly is about winning and losing..and it can become a battle, sometimes for your life if TPO's and Stalking as well as court appearances and the like happen...

One thing is for sure.. the OP needs to make sure he never ever contacts her again, these things have a tendency to blow up when TPO's are granted and not always for the person on the wrong side of the law.

Edited by Art_Critic
spelling