Getting anonymous emails, I think from ex...

SilverBlueAndGold

SilverBlueAndGold

So a couple of days ago I got an email from an address I did not recognize. It was fairly harmless but weird. Today I got another. They are along the lines of "Oh Hi how are you?"

Now I have no proof, but the structure and words used just "feel" like her. The return address name also has some significance between us.

I have not responded but am a little uneasy; I do not know what the motivation could be but it is a little creepy. I know I could filter these to get deleted and never see them, but a part of me wonders if it continues to get weird maybe it's in my best interest to hang on to them if needed for liability.

This is a very strange situation to be in, I am not sure how to handle this.

Help? :(

robkris8079

fake email address to make contact? Pretty sure it's similar how my ex's cousin texted me over easter. Yeah because she ever texted me before. I say leave it alone, don't respond. How old are these people we have to deal with? This isn't high school. You have something to say, say it. Call, text, email from your own number. If you don't get a response back from me then there is your answer. Pick it apart, decipher, rack your brain if you want.

Philosoraptor

I get tons of emails like that, most are just spam.

If the return address seems significant it might be something, it might be a coincidence. Either way, don't talk to strangers :p

• Like 1
  • Author
SilverBlueAndGold
fake email address to make contact? Pretty sure it's similar how my ex's cousin texted me over easter. Yeah because she ever texted me before. I say leave it alone, don't respond. How old are these people we have to deal with? This isn't high school. You have something to say, say it. Call, text, email from your own number. If you don't get a response back from me then there is your answer. Pick it apart, decipher, rack your brain if you want.

Amazingly, we are in our 40s. :laugh: I know, she is very immature.

I get tons of emails like that, most are just spam.

If the return address seems significant it might be something, it might be a coincidence. Either way, don't talk to strangers :p

Good advice. I have no intention of responding, it just really feels off to me. My spam filter is pretty good, I rarely see anything unwanted in my in box. And the timing....

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold

Ok I got more of these and did some digging. It's not hard to find originating IP addresses and I cross referenced this new email with older emails from her and they are in fact the same. Some of them are from her place of work so even those check out.

The last one I got was along the lines of "You will see me soon"

I don't know if I should be flattered or creeped out...either way I am hanging on to these in case I wind up in a dumpster somewhere.

Does anyone have any advice on what (if any) action I should take here?

fificremefarben
Ok I got more of these and did some digging. It's not hard to find originating IP addresses and I cross referenced this new email with older emails from her and they are in fact the same. Some of them are from her place of work so even those check out.

I don't know if I should be flattered or creeped out...either way I am hanging on to these in case I wind up in a dumpster somewhere.

"You will see me soon" ? Oh dear, that's a bit creepy to me.

I'm inclined to tell you to block incoming e-mail from that address. If it's really her and she wants to see you she'll make it happen another day. Plus, if you do see her soon, then you'll know it was her.

Philosoraptor

Any chance you can get a new email address? I think that would be the easiest path here. She will start to get responses saying that the email could not be delivered.

I have to say, I found this hilarious to read. I've been laughing my ass off for nearly five minutes already.

Anyway, I don't know the background background story with your ex. Perhaps she's really psycho or something. If not, why don't you just go with it? Why don't you just reply with the craziest stuff ever, like: "Oohh yeah baby... I can't believe how intense it's going to be to sacrifice chickens to Odin and then make passionate love with you all covered in its blood. I even got a but-plug right here waiting for you and have been collecting my own semen for weeks (can't wait to pour this in your mouth baby).

PS. Don't forget to bring your fake mustache!"

I'm sure she'll give up once she notices it doesn't affect you.

I have to say, I found this hilarious to read. I've been laughing my ass off for nearly five minutes already.

Anyway, I don't know the background background story with your ex. Perhaps she's really psycho or something. If not, why don't you just go with it? Why don't you just reply with the craziest stuff ever, like: "Oohh yeah baby... I can't believe how intense it's going to be to sacrifice chickens to Odin and then make passionate love with you all covered in its blood. I even got a but-plug right here waiting for you and have been collecting my own semen for weeks (can't wait to pour this in your mouth baby).

That's really disgusting.

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold

That's actually pretty funny! :)

I thought about playing along, but in the end it's STILL contact, and I am trying my best to go NC. Playing some weird game when we both know who it is would make me feel every bit as unstable as she appears to be right now...

That's actually pretty funny! :)

I thought about playing along, but in the end it's STILL contact, and I am trying my best to go NC. Playing some weird game when we both know who it is would make me feel every bit as unstable as she appears to be right now...

If you are sure that it is from the same IP addresses, why don't you notify your ISP? Get them to block email from them? That is, of course, if you really don't want to receive them...

PegNosePete

I would hit reply, delete the reply-to address, and enter her real email address. If she's been using her work IP address to send them then CC in her work email too. Let her know that you know, say "XXX, please stop sending me these supposedly anonymous emails. Your attempts to be stealthy are about as effective as a rhinoceros in a ninja suit. Thanks for the laugh though, the boys at the pub and on the internet forums had a good chuckle about this!"

• Like 2

How about forwarding all her emails to her employer? Perhaps to their IT-department. Tell them somebody is stalking you and you found out it's from an IP adress from their company. Either they launch an investigation or you will report it to the proper authorities. I wonder what her employer will think of this situation...

How about forwarding all her emails to her employer? Perhaps to their IT-department. Tell them somebody is stalking you and you found out it's from an IP adress from their company. Either they launch an investigation or you will report it to the proper authorities. I wonder what her employer will think of this situation...

If you want to ruin her life, that's a good way to do it. I would!

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold

If you want to ruin her life, that's a good way to do it. I would!

Honestly, I have no desire to ruin her life. I really don't. She is just a messed up girl and hurting, I know that. It's a bizarre manifestation but it is what it is.

For now I am just sitting on this with a weary eye, maybe she will get bored and just drop it. If it escalates or gets too much to handle then I will consider stepping it up.

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold

The last one is "I saw you last night and you didn't say hi to me". There is no way I could not notice her in public.

Man, what the fark is going on here. :eek:

The last one is "I saw you last night and you didn't say hi to me". There is no way I could not notice her in public.

Man, what the fark is going on here. :eek:

Where were you last night? Was she there?

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
Where were you last night? Was she there?

I didn't see her but she very well could have been. Was with friends that know her and what is going on so we all sort of kept an eye out but nobody saw her.

I didn't see her but she very well could have been. Was with friends that know her and what is going on so we all sort of kept an eye out but nobody saw her.

Any way she could've known you were out? Via mutual friends telling her, etc?

Go to this website:

www.spypig.com

Follow the directions (IMO use the unnoticeable gif) and then send the reply.

You will see where, when and how many times (up to 5) your email was opened.

Make sure you edit the settings when you get your confirmation email so that you don't get self-opened notifications.

Test it out first so you know how to use it.

This will determine if it actually is her and it is completely safe and free. I use it.

• Author
SilverBlueAndGold
Any way she could've known you were out? Via mutual friends telling her, etc?

That's always possible, she doesn't have many friends and I am pretty sure I met them and would recognize them. Either way it's just creeping me out, I don't know what her motivation is or what she expects from this. It's just.....weird.