Community Forums

Reload this Page Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Preferences regarding haircuts

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree40Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2018, 7:54 PM   #16
Established Member
No I would not listen to him.

Fortunately I have very long hair and all my boyfriends have loved it.

Good luck!
Our purpose in life is to help others; if we canít help them at least donít hurt them.
divegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 8:09 PM   #17
Established Member
I'd be wondering which old crush or girlfriend of his had that hair. Not that many guys are into "bobs." Make sure it's not like his mom's hair.
"I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 8:11 PM   #18
Established Member
Journal Entries: 2
yes and i have cut my hair and asked for certain hairstyles.....i dotn like styles i have to spend hours upkeeping.....i dont have that time left on this planet to waste it on perfecting a high maintenance do.....i got a spiral perm in summer once ...(on request from my bf)..and i spent a whole day getting it done basically my hair was bum length...and when it was finished ....about an hour later when i got home.... i dove into my salt water pool..... i was hanging all day to go swimming.....sigh.....end of spiral perm hello afro....another time on request from an ex i changed my hair back to blond because i had died it black and he said now you really are a goth .hair went pink...and i became known as pinkie to all my friends....

another time i got a perm when i was teen on request from my maths teacher he said i cant see you through your hair....i don't know if you are awake or not... he would lift my fringe to talk to i thought ok im getting a hair cut ....and i went to the hairdresser and he said deb can i let the apprentice do this perm on you she really needs to practice she is really good...blah blah...deb has a poodle head..really tight curls that traumatised me....nowhere to hide ....with a poodle head........maths teacher loved it....

the thing with hair ti grows back and when that poodle head relaxed into really soft curls and messy waves and tendrils because i have heavy hair and that perm framed my face ....i felt ...beautiful....and confident

i would get my hair cut for my guy...i have had bobs...or keep it long.....but the only thing i would never do with my hair shave it all off...i have scars on my head.....and i would feel like an ugly cracked boiled egg head..i wouldnt go out in public.......if a guy asked me to shave off my would actually really upset me that he would ask that of me.....a bob would not be a problem as long as it was a long bob...and not a little lord fauntleroy bob half way up my face......i have had had short hair ...i had a step at the back once and it looked really pretty...made em feel feminine...i dont want however to look like a man.......deb
in the ache of night,luminous prayers take fragile flight,
somewhere between battalions of warring sins,
there exists hope and love for peace begins...deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 8:47 PM   #19
Established Member
I have let my beard grow and my hair become long and curly because my fiancťe wanted me to. I prefer about a 4 day stubble and short hair.
"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
George Eliot
Jj66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 8:57 PM   #20
Established Member
Stubble look is hard to maintain. I can grow it in three days from a clean shave, looks good. However I can't reproduce it without lines.

A bob is a big step. I say leave your hair like it is, because if you don't like the Bob look, it'll take a while to grow your hair back.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 9:29 PM   #21
Established Member
I'd probably try a variation of what he requested, like a longer bob or something aesthetically pleasing to me.

I generally love it when my man lets his hair get a little longer and wilder, and they almost always accommodate my preferences
Ruby Slippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 1:35 AM   #22
Established Member
There's a pretty popular saying that a woman's pride is in her hair.

If you're cutting (or even considering it) your hair a particular way for a guy, you must really like him!!

I used to have really long hair. My GF at the time would get mad at me for just cutting off the split ends. haha
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. - Newton

Last edited by TheFinalWord; 9th March 2018 at 2:00 AM..
TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 3:39 AM   #23
Established Member
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
I'd be wondering which old crush or girlfriend of his had that hair. Not that many guys are into "bobs." Make sure it's not like his mom's hair.
Haha no his momís hair is long and crazy.
heavenonearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 10:23 AM   #24
Established Member
Sure. Whatever. As long as she is doing the cutting.
MaleIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 10:27 AM   #25
Established Member
Does he like a short bob or a long one?

I have rarely came across a man preferring short hair on a woman.
smackie9 likes this.
'' The Biggest Coward Is A Man Who Awakens A Woman's Love With No Intention Of Loving Her '' - Bob Marley
Gaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 10:45 AM   #26
Established Member
If I went around telling my partner he would look hot if he shaved his head and pierced his eyebrow, don't you think he would feel something is wrong with his attraction to me?

And no it's not harsh to express disappointment and my personal stance on the subject.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 10:50 AM   #27
Established Member
Originally Posted by heavenonearth View Post
General question:
If your partner had a preference regarding what kind of hair they'd like on you, would you consider getting that particular haircut?

Example: My boyfriend's preference on me would be a bob cut - every now and then he makes comments on how it would look great on me. He also emphasizes he loves my hair the way it is now (rather long), but still, it is clear he has a preference.
Personally, I do not like myself with a bob haircut, which is why I will leave it long for now.

What would you do?
Would you listen to your partner's preferences and adjust your haircut accordingly, or would you just not give a fork? :P
Sure, I'd try it if I was in love with them. I mean after all, it will grow back. I would not make hair style a cornerstone of a relationship though.

I mean, I love chicks in Fishnets and 6 inch stiletto's but I would not expect my GF to prance around in em all day long....wonderful for my Libido as that might me, it just isn't really practical lol.
I promise henceforth, to be nice....until the time that I'm not so nice again. Then I'll be nice again for a brief period of time.
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 10:51 AM   #28
Established Member
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one whose boyfriend prefers a different hair style!
I have bangs that are very perfect and in place (with a bit of hair spray) and he hates them.. which I don't understand because I've always had them and that's how he met me but he says I have a "beautiful" face and he wants to see more of it. I've let them be less perfect a few times and even wore a hat once but I just don't feel like me. It's a sensitive subject for me because I like feeling like an individual and it makes me think he wants me to look like everyone else..sigh. I am a bit sensitive/dramatic when it comes to my appearance

I did have an ex boyfriend who never wanted me to cut my hair which kind of felt like an obligation but I like my hair long so it worked out. How short of a bob does he want? From your pic I can see that you have gorgeous hair so I can understand why you wouldn't want to cut it. I am kind of a pleaser when it comes to my relationships so I would maybe think about it but not sure if I would follow through. Hair is important to most women.. including me
Kellens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 12:02 PM   #29
Established Member
I have a short beard for the first time in my life because Timshel likes it. She keeps her hair long despite getting the urge to cut it occasionally because she has the most beautiful hair I've ever seen and I like it that way.

Yes, beards and long hair require more work but seems worth it for a partner you love and want to make happy.
gaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 12:03 PM   #30
Established Member
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
My hubby likes my hair long and blonde, but I don't have any desire to do all the maintenance it requires. So, I wear it very short, choppy and dyed red.
Seems like you almost want to give him the middle finger. Ouch.
Kellens likes this.
gaius is offline   Reply With Quote