Are you attracted to a specific body type

skela

Reading an earlier post made me wonder what body types if any people are attracted to. I have, over the last 20 weeks, totally transformed my body from slim athletic to a more fitness competitor look - more muscle but very feminine. I have found in the last week especially I have had a lot of guys -especially younger ones hitting on me. It could also be that I feel more confident as well. In guys I like lean muscular guys. What's your "type"?

A type is sort of an abstract concept that is hard to be attracted to. As if I could be attracted to a concept.

But I will say that there are bodies that I'm attracted to that are generally of a certain shape, proportion, size that are all of a certain... type. But it's the bodies I'm attracted to, not the type.

Is that what you're asking? Am I attracted to bodies of a certain type? Or am I attracted to the type itself. Completely different things.

• Author
A type is sort of an abstract concept that is hard to be attracted to. As if I could be attracted to a concept.

But I will say that there are bodies that I'm attracted to that are generally of a certain shape, proportion, size that are all of a certain... type. But it's the bodies I'm attracted to, not the type.

Is that what you're asking? Am I attracted to bodies of a certain type? Or am I attracted to the type itself. Completely different things.

Bodies of a certain type

Having too much of a preference is limiting.

I tend to go for short girls who are curvy in the old fashion sense (boobs and butt but no belly) rather than the modern sense (i.e. overweight).

That said, I'm pretty constantly surprised how I can find new body types attractive just as I can find new looks attractive on women. Maybe it's just as a guy I'm hard wired to appreciate variety (spreading the seed ect.)

I will also say that as I got more into photography and started to gain a greater appreciation for all different colors of skin. That's not to say I was opposed to any race before. It's just that now I actually seem to be kind of facinated with other skin tones. Like it's a crazy new thing that i'm getting to experience. I think i feel that way about new body types a lot of the time.

• Like 3

Pear shape. Hourglass is cool too but pear shape most definitely. But all body types are negotiable. All I ask is she have a face I find attractive. That's my only physical requirement.

• Author

I agree that having too much of a preference is limiting but there certain things that would be difficult for me to overlook. I don't find guys shorter than me that attractive or overweight guys. I find a lot of guys in my age group- 40's have let themselves go. I like many different races and have a secret (not anymore) for Asian guys. (taller ones) lol

Tiny/skinny girls with a little bit of a butt/chest. I like to feel the "man"/dominant in the relationship, so a considerable size difference does it for me. I'm 6'2'', current lady is 5'1.5'' and is pretty petite. It's hot catching ourselves in the act in my giant bedroom mirror. The size difference is beautiful.

• Like 2
Ninjainpajamas

General body type requirement for men: Vagina

But if you want to get into details!

(funny how no matter how many times these topics get posted they always get attention)

Personal preferences:

Good size breasts and booty with wide hips - it's hard to find a woman that has both of those rather than just one of the other, so if she's got a good chest and a backside then she's "especial", that's one good thing about Latin women...they've often times have both, it's just too bad they get real fat after eating all that fried food and popping out babies.

So "curvy" is..."ideal" for me...however; (after googling the word curvy)

Curvy to men more or less

Curvy to women

Slim to fit competitor itself wouldn't make much a difference to me without seeing the whole "package", I don't think men generally judge off such things without seeing the offer on the table...so to speak, women always ask these vague questions of "what men like", it depends what it looks like...it's like you can have these key presets and be desirable, what if your face or attitude is ugly? then the shuts down the whole deal.

I'm 6'1 210lbs large torso broad shoulders/back guy so my preference is somewhat geared to what I like to feel against my body, something fuller and more curvacious and has more density/thickness to it that can take the weight of my body a bit better...so it's also a preference in the bedroom and just general affection/intimacy.

Edited by Ninjainpajamas
  • Like 2
Reading an earlier post made me wonder what body types if any people are attracted to. I have, over the last 20 weeks, totally transformed my body from slim athletic to a more fitness competitor look - more muscle but very feminine. I have found in the last week especially I have had a lot of guys -especially younger ones hitting on me. It could also be that I feel more confident as well. In guys I like lean muscular guys. What's your "type"?

Yea, that's my trend as well... although I steered away from hard core weight lifting years ago because I didn't want to look like Helga, the German shot-putter.

In terms of 'type', I find that the ones more fitness oriented also prefer their women to be a bit harder/fit/muscular... which works for me.

There's something for everyone... that said, I hope you are working out for yourself and are more focused on what your body can DO versus what it looks like. People can't choose their genetics or what they are born with. They CAN choose to have a healthy lifestyle and take care of what they have.

Most of the guys I have dated in my life are medium height (under 6'0)m with lithe builds, thick dark hair & light eyes. Think Pierce Brosnon the actor when he was youger. An old friend of mine lined up pictures of some of my EXs side by side; they could all be brothers / cousins.

I'm not massively fussy on body-types. The face is most important.

But I do have a thing for slim-yet-strong wrists/forearms and footballers' legs.

Beer-bellies and/or moobs are a total no-no for me.

• Author

that said, I hope you are working out for yourself and are more focused on what your body can DO versus what it looks like. People can't choose their genetics or what they are born with. They CAN choose to have a healthy lifestyle and take care of what they have.

I am doing this because it's something I've always wanted to do. I love how strong my body feels and get so excited by what it can achieve every day!! I like keeping a feminine look as well. Dont want to look too hard.

man_in_the_box

"curve (kûrv)n.1. a. A line that deviates from straightness in a smooth, continuous fashion.

b. A surface that deviates from planarity in a smooth, continuous fashion.

c. Something characterized by such a line or surface, especially a rounded line or contour of the human body."

They are both right I guess.

I have a thing for guys who are 5'7 - 5'9 for some reason. I'm not attracted to super tall guys. An athletic body is important.

However, the face and the eyes are the most important things in my opinion. I like them with big brown eyes and light brown hair. A nice smile. Dimples are a plus.

Edited by ShiningMoon
  • Like 1
PinkInTheLimo
I have a thing for guys who are 5'7 - 5'9 for some reason.

Me too!!! I like them best when they are a bit taller than me (I am 1,69 m tall, internet tells me that this is 5'54). I don't like guys who are a lot taller than me.

For the rest I have a think for beautiful hands and forearms with some muscles. I don't mind a bit of a belly as long as his face is still sharp. I don't like chubby faces, double chins. Age takes it toll but I still want to see some sharpness in a guy.

Too much muscles à la Stallone or Scharzenegger definitely not!

Oh and in general drop dead gorgeous guys don't do it for me. I sometimes joke that I am attracted to handsome uglies :-).

• Like 1

Oh and in general drop dead gorgeous guys don't do it for me. I sometimes joke that I am attracted to handsome uglies :-).

Same. I'm not attracted to guys who extremely good looking. I find their beauty cold to be pretty cold and it makes me uncomfortable. Most guys I have been attracted to are fairly attractive but not drop dead gorgeous. I prefer Mr Average over Mr Model.

That being said, I am very picky when it comes to physical appearance so there's only 3 or 4 guys I have been extremely attracted to. I find it hard to find guys I'm attracted to. I've never met one guy who took my breath away just looking at him (well I did once but anyway). I even wonder if I'm not asexual ha.

PinkInTheLimo
That being said, I am very picky when it comes to physical appearance so there's only 3 or 4 guys I have been extremely attracted to. I find it hard to find guys I'm attracted to. I've never met one guy who took my breath away just looking at him (well I did once but anyway). I even wonder if I'm not asexual ha.

Believe me, I am also very picky when it comes to physical appearance in the sense that it rarely happens that I find a guy so attractive that I want to be intimate with him. But those who past the test found out that I was anything but asexual :D.

I think that this is actual what makes attraction and love so beautiful: the fact that it is so unique and rare.

It's just that the whole package has to be appealing enough and that can also only happen when I know the guy well enough. I don't do love at first sight, just does not happen for me.

BTW, looks or important but smell and voice as well. If I don't like a man's smell, that's the end of it. If I like his smell, it can drive me wild. In my last relationship just noticing his smell made me weak in the knees.

Same for a voice: some voices don't do it for me.

A little OT...

I recently went out with a woman who kept saying she likes a fit man. On our 2nd date, I said to her "How do you know I am fit". She has never seen me in anything other than long pants and a long sleeve shirt.

To me, fit means exercises, works out, has some muscle tone maybe. She said "cause you do not have a pot belly!".

Back to ninjas comment about "curvy". I see this all the time on OLD sites, and, I never quite know what that means. I think curves in the right places is very sexy.

Back to the OPs question: I like a woman who is in shape, tone but not muscular, softness is sexy, but not a belly, wider hips, medium sized breasts (B or C cup), I like an hourlgass shape. I like thinner arms, not sure why. No school bus triceps for me!

I have dated girls 5'2' and girls 6'0'. So, I am not sure about height. In the end, I am a package person. Flat chested is fine with me as long as I am attracted to her, no wide hips is fine, again as long as I am attracted to her. If I lined up all the girls I have dated I don't think one physical feature would jump out, other than not over weight, on the thin side but not skinny.

Believe me, I am also very picky when it comes to physical appearance in the sense that it rarely happens that I find a guy so attractive that I want to be intimate with him. But those who past the test found out that I was anything but asexual :D.

I think that this is actual what makes attraction and love so beautiful: the fact that it is so unique and rare.

It's just that the whole package has to be appealing enough and that can also only happen when I know the guy well enough. I don't do love at first sight, just does not happen for me.

BTW, looks or important but smell and voice as well. If I don't like a man's smell, that's the end of it. If I like his smell, it can drive me wild. In my last relationship just noticing his smell made me weak in the knees.

Same for a voice: some voices don't do it for me.

Your voice comment caught my attention. A girl I have been on 2 dates with has an amaziong voice, especially over the phone. It's very calming, sexy, fun, all in one.

She called me at 6:30AM this morning, just to state she wanted to hear my voice as she likes it so much (I have never liked my voice). A first for me. Never really thought about it before.

She wears a perfume, or maybe it's a lotion, I don't like..like really don't like. It's almost offensive. Is it too early to somehow mention that to her?

And, while on smell, I have noticed when I tell a woman I like her perfume, she will then use/wear it, all the time. After a while, me personally, it gets "old" and it would be nice to smell somethig different. Mostly I am not into perfumes though so maybe that is why.

There are two girls at work I seem to really enjoy and they are what even I would call " disgustingly " skinny.

You know... the borderline eating disorder skinny... but they are both sooooooooo gorgeous.

I prefer maybe 10 to 15 lbs extra.

I'm not picky... I like a guy who is decent-looking and is friendly, not-pretentious, and intelligent. Anger or aggression is a number one turn off, as is a dude with an "image," e.g. fashion conscious or narcissistic.

As far as looks, I'm a sucker for a guy with nice legs and a nice butt. It's rare for even fit guys to have nice, toned legs... they tend to focus on bulking up top. A well-proportioned man is a major turn-on.

• Like 2

Tall and thin, but not too tall or too thin.

All of my bfs have been 6'-6'2", 160-175 (at least at first. One ex gained weight after we started dating).

Guess I'm like Goldilocks. :)