What if you're not attracted to your league?

JuneJulySeptember

JuneJulySeptember

OK, we don't have to go over the definition of leagues. That's been done before. But here's a new scenario.

Let's say, you're close to the bottom of the food chain, and you are not physically attracted to those in your league. You're a man or a woman.

Now, what do you do? :eek:

its a lifestyle

I guess you try to up your league?

Lose the hush puppies and buy some prada...

Lose the stripey colours and wear more black...

Switch the baggyish jeans for a tighter trendier fit...

Switch the $2 deodorant for a hugo boss cologne...

Trim the shaggy hair into a short Cristiano Ronaldo faux hawk...

Dedicate yourself to the gym...

Learn how to maintain stubble every once in a while...

Wear sunglasses on your head rather than over your eyes...

Stay groomed, stay impressive, stay classy...

You're league isn't solely defined by your facial features, it's defined by the appearance of your person as a whole.

Edited by its a lifestyle
  • Like 2

I'm a woman, cannot give you valuable advice, but from my experience, I've learnt that showing up is winning 80% of the game. I translate that into: approaching, pursuing, being consistent, NOT giving up at the first difficulty, being considerate, PURSUING some more... and yeah, being consistent.

Another important hint: flattery will get you anywhere!

oh, and remember that most of the times, your biggest enemy is yourself and your own insecurities.

• Like 1
  • Author
JuneJulySeptember
My grandmother always used to say: love the ones who love.

I've always followed that advice and been pretty successful.

WTF?

Stay on topic!

I guess you try to up your league?

Lose the hush puppies and buy some prada...

Lose the stripey colours and wear more black...

Switch the baggyish jeans for a tighter trendier fit...

Switch the $2 deodorant for a hugo boss cologne...

Trim the shaggy hair into a short Cristiano Ronaldo faux hawk...

Dedicate yourself to the gym...

Learn how to maintain stubble every once in a while...

Wear sunglasses on your head rather than over your eyes...

Stay groomed, stay impressive, stay classy...

You're league isn't solely defined by your facial features, it's defined by the appearance of your person as a whole.

LOL. Wow, I'm stoked... I'm going to ask out Bar Refaeli this week, all I have to do is push my sunglasses up on my head.

• Like 2
its a lifestyle
LOL. Wow, I'm stoked... I'm going to ask out Bar Refaeli this week, all I have to do is push my sunglasses up on my head.

Obviously you're being sarcastic...

It's not my fault you lack an understanding or appreciation for subtle details of appearance and impression... with all due respect.

• Author
JuneJulySeptember

BTW, I don't know who Bar Raefeli is, but I just googled her, and she is HIDEOUS! Wow, finally proof that looks are subjective and there's somebody for everybody! What have I been thinking this whole time? :p

Just joshing. She's not exactly my type, but very attractive.

BTW, I don't know who Bar Raefeli is, but I just googled her, and she is HIDEOUS! Wow, finally proof that looks are subjective and there's somebody for everybody! What have I been thinking this whole time? :p

Just joshing. She's not exactly my type, but very attractive.

Yeah she's a dog, she eats dinner out of a bowl on the floor.

its a lifestyle
No offense, but no. OP the only thing on this list you might want to consider is the gym advice and the last line. I know your age, roughly, and culture, roughly. DO NOT do these things if you're trying to pick up women in your demographic, regardless of what league you're aiming for.

The only answer to his question is to become part of the leagues above...

Being designer/fresh/stylish/mordern is certainly not a trait common in the "lower leagues"... therefore adopting those traits is a step towards being part of the leagues above,

Regardless of your personal opinion on prada shoes or hugo boss cologne, a guy sporting those traits is leagues above your typical Leonard Hofstadter from the big bang theory in the eyes of society... and if you disagree with that, it's because Mr. trendy is out of your league and you naturally find Leonard Hofstadter more appealing... because that's your league, but that doesn't stop the trendy/stylish guy being in a higher league in the eyes of society... he certainly is.

Edited by its a lifestyle
  • Like 1
OK, we don't have to go over the definition of leagues. That's been done before. But here's a new scenario.

Let's say, you're close to the bottom of the food chain, and you are not physically attracted to those in your league. You're a man or a woman.

Now, what do you do? :eek:

A. Stop whining. It's unmasculine. HOW old are you again?

B. Get off your duff (AND Loveshack) and actually do something. Go to the gym. Dress nicer. Do CrossFit! A lot of hotties in great shape there...

C. Learn how to banter/flirt/charm. I could be better at this myself. Some posters like MrCastle are great at it, I could stand to improve.

D. Approach women, both in real life and online. Meanwhile keep A. B. and C. in mind.

Problem solved.

• Like 3
  • Author
JuneJulySeptember
A. Stop whining. It's unmasculine. HOW old are you again?

B. Get off your duff (AND Loveshack) and actually do something. Go to the gym. Dress nicer. Do CrossFit! A lot of hotties in great shape there...

C. Learn how to banter/flirt/charm. I could be better at this myself. Some posters like MrCastle are great at it, I could stand to improve.

D. Approach women, both in real life and online. Meanwhile keep A. B. and C. in mind.

Problem solved.

A. Old enough to have been out and about every year and racked up hundreds of rejections and old enough to have tried to improve my game and social skills every year.

B. Sure, I might whine here. But there's always somebody here to tell me I'm a jacka@@. Not saying you guys are losers. But there's people on here just as much as me who have no problems getting dates.

C. See A

D. See A

This thread was more about changing your sense of attraction to match your league.

Stop thinking in terms of "leagues" and start thinking in terms of compatibility.

Stop worrying about whether or not a woman is going to be attracted to you and start thinking about whether or not YOU should put time and effort into getting to know HER better. How compatible is she with you? Does she share your values? Do you share similar interests? Do you laugh at the same things?

its a lifestyle
LMAO!! No dear, it's because I...like the OP... am a grown up. I don't "do" leagues. Trust me when I tell you, this poster does not need the advice you've given. He'll look like a poseur, a pimp, and a fool. Chicks do not dig this. This "trendy" style is not appropriate for men who want to look like men. There are plenty of things he could probably do to improve his presentation but donning the pimp/poof gear isn't going to get him into any "league" other than Powder Puff.

You'd be wise to be careful about your assumptions. Just judging by your post, and the recommendations you've made, it's clear you're unaware of where you really fall in the "food chain"... or whatever goofy little hierarchy you think exists. Real men don't need to plaster labels all over themselves to attract women. ;)

You're opinion =/= Foodchain-eyes of society.

I'm guessing you're at least on the grey side of 30? that would explain your denial/disinterest in my points...

Then again what do I care? I'm not out to impress desperate house wives and women in their "co called" prime, so I couldn't care less about your distaste for the traits of the us younger generations.

This thread was more about changing your sense of attraction to match your league.

Are people attracted to a wider range as they get hornier?

Maybe it would help to stop masturbating :o

• Like 4
  • Author
JuneJulySeptember
Stop thinking in terms of "leagues" and start thinking in terms of compatibility.

Stop worrying about whether or not a woman is going to be attracted to you and start thinking about whether or not YOU should put time and effort into getting to know HER better. How compatible is she with you? Does she share your values? Do you share similar interests? Do you laugh at the same things?

Been down that road. That was called my 20s. Hell, I could have written what you just posted when I was in my early 20s. That was before I got rejected by women whom I 'got to know'.

so much easier if you're a girl, a smart combination between not being too available but having dates, up the make up and the high heels, hello skirts and dresses... what else.. oh, occasionally some thigh high stockings ... that must be it, I guess.

I don't have the energy for that sh*t anymore, glad to be out, for a while.

Maybe it would help if you'd finally abandon the confining notions of "food chains" and "leagues." What a hinderance. Try to be a free thinker and to look at people as individuals. You might encounter some others who do likewise - even women.

• Like 5
You're opinion =/= Foodchain-eyes of society.

I'm guessing you're at least on the grey side of 30? that would explain your denial/disinterest in my points...

Then again what do I care? I'm not out to impress desperate house wives and women in their "co called" prime, so I couldn't care less about your distaste for the traits of the us younger generations.

BINGO! This is your problem right here!

My guess is that your attitude is keeping you in your so-called "league."

its a lifestyle
I'm well past the grey side of 40 actually... the OP is creeping up on it. He doesn't need to do anything other than get over this stupid idea of leagues. You're a child, and your advice may well work for other children, but what you're suggesting here will do nothing more than create embarrassment for OP should he be so foolish as to take your advice.

Nobody asked whether you cared about my opinion about your generation. I have children your age, I hear the silliness you're suggesting all the time. The OP is closer to my age. As a woman close to his demographic, I have some sense of what women our age find appealing. Most of us don't find what you've described attractive, at all. Well-groomed, well turned out men in this age group know better than to take fashion cues from Jersey Shore. The OP wants to improve his dating options, not destroy them.

Fashion cues from Jersey Shore or Fashion cues from a modern/trendy/good looking generation in a high league of attractiveness? That's hardly Jersey Shore...

But again... it's all you're opinion: just like you think being 21 makes me a "child", I'm comfortable with that fact that your distorted and quite bitter version of reality doesn't represent actual reality...

You're opinion is of zero significance to me because of the subject and age difference, as mine is to you.

I just wasn't aware that the OP is so old... so yeah I guess my first post doesn't apply to the OP specifically... but it certainly applies to the question put forward by the OP, at least for my generation.

its a lifestyle
BINGO! This is your problem right here!

My guess is that your attitude is keeping you in your so-called "league."

I'm perfectly content, happy and thankful for my "league"... :)

The OP is closer to my age.

Really? I had our OP pegged as early 20's, tops. Boy was I out of range.

• Like 1