Do you know whether you're attractive or not? And leagues

Ross MwcFan

Ross MwcFan

I take it most people do have an idea of how attractive they are, since most people seem to know what league to aim for?

I mean, not to sound mean or anything, but you'll hardly ever see an ugly guy hitting on a very attractive woman, or vise versa, because they'd know they'd just look ridiculous.

As for myself, I'm sure you all know by now that I've really got no idea about how attractvive I am or whether I even am attractive or ugly.

I'm just wondering how common it is to have a good idea of how attractive you are.

I have numerous men who find me to be attractive, I also have some who see me as the opposite.

What matters most is how you see yourself. I won't be everyone's cup of tea, and I'm okay with that.

If I'm not good enough for someone, they're likely not good enough for me either.

I mean, not to sound mean or anything, but you'll hardly ever see an ugly guy hitting on a very attractive woman, or vise versa, because they'd know they'd just look ridiculous.

I disagree with this. I see it all the time... Usually the drunken shenanigans in bars and such. :p

To address the actual question, not really. I get the idea that I'm at least average or a little better. I know I could improve greatly by hitting the gym hard though. That's next on the list. I'm working on confidence issues and getting out more now, and it definitely helps the self image!

hm. a couple of things. I think attractivness is so objective it can be hard to 'rate' someone.

For instance I'm actually attracted to a guy with a little pudge.. you'd call it average weight, not anything bigger though, with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

While I've got girl friends who wouldn't look twice unless the guy was a blonde surfer looking guy ugh haha.

SO first off... regardless how "attractive" you are, you may or may not be someones type anyway.

secondly i do believe that there are general rules for being attractive.. even if I don't want the surfer dude myself I can appreciate if he has a nice body and a good smile sort of thing. but.. isn't the rule (and something I've noticed) that in general less attractive guys are with more attractive women because women are less confident about their appreance so rate themselves down a point (a real 7 would think she was around a 6) and guys tend to think they are better looking so a real 6 would think he was a 7, so would therefore aim for the 7... and make it.. because she thought sh ewas only a 6)...get my gist?

I've noticed that this bored is filled with some pretty insecure guys.. so obviously an insecure guy is going to feel differently. But general majority i'd say the above rule vaguley applies to (obv making some generalisations here).

Again all of that aside.. the kind of guy I find attractive most peopled don't so when i was dating my man were first dating we'd end up getting "woah how did you get her" comments.. but i think people didn't understand that however attractive they thought i was, i honestly find/found him extremely attractive (btw he isnt UGLY byany standards, just not your typical looker i guess).

TuffCookieX

Attraction is purely opinion.

I seem to be the generic stereotype for "attractive", I have modeled, done walks and shoots, however there are people out there who think I'm not good looking. I don't mind really, I am quite happy with my appearance. Think of the people in Asia. The fairer skinned are the more attractive in some countries, whereas here, the tanner seem to be better rated.

As for the last poster, I agree. I would actually prefer a guy with a belly over a guy who is too skinny. My highest preference is one who is very physically fit, but really it's all preference. Most of my friends and I have a VERY different taste in men although we as females look very similar to eachother.

Most guys know leagues, some don't. I have been hit on by some 50+ yr old balding, gross men. I don't know how or why they think I would ever flirt back with them.

I take it most people do have an idea of how attractive they are, since most people seem to know what league to aim for?

You say it as if there's a definitive scale of attractiveness and that it's just a case of finding out where you are on that scale, but it really doesn't work like that. Also, there are no leagues, roughly for the same reason.

Sure, some people are more likely to be described as 'attractive' by a broad selection of people than some others, but there isn't always a consensus about who is more attractive... and anyway it doesn't matter what the masses think because you only need one person to find you attractive to have a chance of receiving affection.

As per a previous thread of yours, you still need to smile. :)

Leagues = BS.

To be attractive, you must turn a woman on, it rarely happens on sight. But when it doesn't, it doesn't mean that it won't happen at all.

Most guys know leagues, some don't. I have been hit on by some 50+ yr old balding, gross men. I don't know how or why they think I would ever flirt back with them.

Because they know that there are no leagues, and somewhere out there there's a woman who will love their balding pate and won't worry that they are old enough to be her father.

People who think leagues don't exist are just lucky enough to be so attractive they don't need them. If they were ugly, they'd realize leagues are still alive and well. It takes being on the bottom of the totem pole to see it.

For instance, I absolutely never get hit on, flirted with, or asked out. I am, in fact, so ugly not even virgin nerds will stoop to hitting on me.

People who think leagues don't exist are just lucky enough to be so attractive they don't need them. If they were ugly, they'd realize leagues are still alive and well. It takes being on the bottom of the totem pole to see it.

Everybody has a different eye for beauty. Someones super model is another's plain Jane. You've just got to work on yourself, see yourself in a better light.

Oh, well perhaps this is the answer to Ross' question :) but perhaps not the answer he was hoping for. :(

Everybody has a different eye for beauty. Someones super model is another's plain Jane. You've just got to work on yourself, see yourself in a better light.

I see myself in a perfectly fine light. See some of my previous posts... a few weekends ago I was at a sci-fi con. I wore make-up, a nice costume, was outgoing, friendly and having fun... and yet not a single guy hit on me.

If THAT doesn't destroy the ol' lie of "Oh just be confident and like yourself and people will be attracted to you" I don't know what does. Ya know what DOES make people attracted to you? Your looks. Personality and confidence are just an added bonus.

Oh, well perhaps this is the answer to Ross' question :) but perhaps not the answer he was hoping for. :(

If he's unsure if leagues exist, and isn't quite sure if he's attractive, then he's probably on the more attractive side of the curve... Not Adonis-angel attractive, but a good-lookin-guy kind of attractive... a 7.5-8.5, shall we say.

If he was ugly... he'd already know the answer.

AHhahah why do people constantly evoke Adonis when they talk about male beauty? You realize that today, women would probably think Adonis isn't good enough for them! http://www.maicar.com/GML/000Images/aim/adonis9125.jpg

I have a similar body as this and girls don't really care, the girls are going after the roided up guidos and whiggers. Adonis would not be able to compete with womens "preferences" if he were a person living in 21st century America.

I think you are overly focused on appearances. You have started about a billion threads about it.

But I do think most people know how attractive they are. HOWEVER some (not attractive) guys will hit on anyone that walks, even if they are far out of their "league".

It's not hard to realize how attractive other people you are. People will tell you. Or people who are interested in you will hit on you or tell you how attractive they find you.

Cracker Jack

I'm sure you look fine. Not every attractive woman is hit on. One of my good friends often feel she's ugly because no guy hits on her, but I've also known plenty of men who were afraid to approach her. I bet it's the same with you.

I have no idea what "league" I belong in. And I don't know if I'm attractive or not. My past experiences would indicate that I am, but I still don't know. Things change for some people.

AHhahah why do people constantly evoke Adonis when they talk about male beauty? You realize that today, women would probably think Adonis isn't good enough for them! http://www.maicar.com/GML/000Images/aim/adonis9125.jpg

I have a similar body as this and girls don't really care, the girls are going after the roided up guidos and whiggers. Adonis would not be able to compete with womens "preferences" if he were a person living in 21st century America.

You are right. Out with Adonis...in with Hercules

I don't know Hercules was probably under 6 feet tall, are you sure he would be able to protect you ? :lmao:

Queen Zenobia

Nope. Samson. At least he ripped a lion in two for his woman. He sure did know how to pick 'em though.

I don't know Hercules was probably under 6 feet tall, are you sure he would be able to protect you ? :lmao:

Under 6 feet tall. This just won't work. How am I suppose to wear heels? Yes, I know I am 5'2 but I am about 5'7 in heels and that may end up being only a 4 inch difference. That won't work.

Eating her mcdonalds burger, while saying - "Eh, Samson was so against PETA, no thanks"

Under 6 feet tall. This just won't work. How am I suppose to wear heels? Yes, I know I am 5'2 but I am about 5'7 in heels and that may end up being only a 4 inch difference. That won't work.

Sadly, this is what what most women's online dating profiles look like... :laugh:

Sadly, this is what what most women's online dating profiles look like... :laugh:

I can picture Hercules at 5'8 or 5'9 meeting some frumpy average American woman from an internet dating site, then getting friendzoned and writing angrily about it on Loveshack only to hear 'you're aiming way too high, you need to lower your ridiculous standards to women over 70 and the mentally retarded".

'you're aiming way too high, you need to lower your ridiculous standards to women over 70 and the mentally retarded".

I really hope this isn't the advice being given.lmfao

Is Adonis an actual person on LS? Cause I see him referenced often when 'hot' bodies are being discussed. Obviously I get the reference from Greek mythology... but is there a real person using that name here on LS?

Adonis I need pics!

Ross, As far as your question is concerned I think that most people probably do have a pretty good idea of what their own level of attractiveness is, however as many other posters pointed out, beauty is essentially in the eye of the beholder, and for you specifically Ross, I think you need to focus more on your self esteem because your outer image is all good in my book ;)

I think I'm of above-average attractiveness, but looking back I've been the most attracted to guys who would probably be voted as average or even "funny looking." :laugh: