LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Being Vegan

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2017, 12:27 PM   #46
S_A
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
It's been a much easier transition than I had thought it would be and I am actually loving just knowing I'm doing my part to show respect to all animal life.

I initially decided to make the change to help reduce inflammation in myself. I've developed some weird reaction to milk and other dairy products where consuming dairy physically pains me but now it's become beyond me and my selfish needs. I am glad to not be eating anything that causes the suffering of another life.

Can anyone relate? And if you have any great recipes or products you love, do you care to share?
On top of that, Eliminating dairy from your diet is one of the healthiest things you can do. Dairy is practically toxic and, contrary to popular belief, goat cheese is not that much better.
S_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 1:36 PM   #47
Established Member

You can make your own non-dairy cheese and it can taste better and doesn't burn. Mixing two items together can give you the cheddar look. I don't eat eggs you can use banana to replace eggs in baking. Oats and banana can make pan cakes. Got to be creative here. i prepare my own foods and here to eat. I love rice more than anything so I going to steam it might use some oil not a lot very small. Cooks in 9 mins for 1 cup and 2 cups with extra 3 cups of filter waster. WE all here eat different I try to say away from anything that would make me gain. I was doing the enzyme way using plants and fruits that works but after awhile the body knows your tricks of the trade.
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 2:33 PM   #48
Established Member

Made 2x Mango Green Apple Cran-berry and raisin bread
Made 1x Mango Pineapple Pie
Made Squeezable Mango Jam

Been very busy and all are vegan meals healthier...
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 6:15 PM   #49
Established Member

I've been vegan since the beginning of summer and I've recently been becoming so tired. I don't know why that is and if my diet has anything to do with it but I can't believe how much I've been sleeping lately.

Has anybody else had this happen and what did you do to help it?
Old 29th September 2017, 6:58 PM   #50
Established Member

Only way to find out is to eat a meal with meat in it and see if you feel better.

A few years ago, I went vegetarian for about two months till I couldn't do it anymore. However my problem wasn't like what you're describing.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 7:14 PM   #51
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1983 View Post
Only way to find out is to eat a meal with meat in it and see if you feel better.

A few years ago, I went vegetarian for about two months till I couldn't do it anymore. However my problem wasn't like what you're describing.
Thanks Jay but I don't think I'd want to do that. I'd rather just be tired until I try other things to boost my energy.

I don't know why I'm so tired all the time but it's really starting to bother me. I have a lot that I should be doing.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 7:33 PM   #52
Established Member

Quote:
I've been vegan since the beginning of summer and I've recently been becoming so tired. I don't know why that is and if my diet has anything to do with it but I can't believe how much I've been sleeping lately.

Goodness! I am a long time vegetarian and attempting to return to the meat world. Not doing so well. I have decided not to make the complete omnivore conversion.

Are you eating enough protein! Healthy fats?
Old 29th September 2017, 8:12 PM   #53
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleNfit View Post
Goodness! I am a long time vegetarian and attempting to return to the meat world. Not doing so well. I have decided not to make the complete omnivore conversion.

Are you eating enough protein! Healthy fats?
I think I eat enough healthy protein and fats but I googled "vegan fatigue" and it says I may be vitamin B-12 deficient or have an iron deficiency so I took both of those just a bit ago along with biotin that was next to them. I forget why I was taking biotin but they were all three together along with a probiotic so I must have read somewhere that I should be taking biotin too.

I think I'm going to start there and see how that feels.

Why are you going back to meat? Lately I've been craving a scrambled egg.
Old 29th September 2017, 8:17 PM   #54
Established Member

Quote:

You probably have low iron, low b12 and other major vitamins and minerals missing from your diet.

Sorry to say this but the few people I know who are vegan are the most unhealthy. One of them catches everything and gets sick often. The other just doesn't feel well a lot of times.

Go to your Dr, get a full physical and blood work done. chances are you'll need b12 shots, iron supplements etc.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 8:19 PM   #55
Established Member

Quote:
Thanks Jay but I don't think I'd want to do that. I'd rather just be tired until I try other things to boost my energy.

I don't know why I'm so tired all the time but it's really starting to bother me. I have a lot that I should be doing.
Vitamin D, magnesium could be factor too.
Old 29th September 2017, 8:24 PM   #56
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwayisup View Post
Vitamin D, magnesium could be factor too.
I don't know what this is all about. I just want to get a handle on it because I'm not enjoying feeling this way very much.

My doc ran tests on me but it was back in June so it was before I went vegan or just shortly thereafter.

Thanks though. I'll look into getting a good multi vitamin tomorrow that has both of those just to play it safe.
Old 29th September 2017, 8:28 PM   #57
Established Member

Quote:
I don't know what this is all about. I just want to get a handle on it because I'm not enjoying feeling this way very much.

My doc ran tests on me but it was back in June so it was before I went vegan or just shortly thereafter.

Thanks though. I'll look into getting a good multi vitamin tomorrow that has both of those just to play it safe.
It is amazing how low iron and b12 can mess with your body and mind, feeling blah and low energy. do you get body aches too? No energy in your limbs?

GO back, a lot can change in a few months.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 29th September 2017, 8:56 PM   #58
Established Member

Quote:
I think I eat enough healthy protein and fats but I googled "vegan fatigue" and it says I may be vitamin B-12 deficient or have an iron deficiency so I took both of those just a bit ago along with biotin that was next to them. I forget why I was taking biotin but they were all three together along with a probiotic so I must have read somewhere that I should be taking biotin too.

I think I'm going to start there and see how that feels.

Why are you going back to meat? Lately I've been craving a scrambled egg.
Ok, good. Yeah, those things are important too. Iron deficiency is common among vegans, vegetarians if not careful.

I was never a full vegetarian as I love my dairy and ate eggs on a rare occasion. I went back to meat to add bulk quicker w/o ridiculously breaking the break with all these fancy proteins. It's been working, but I get a little UGH from eating meat. I need to find another place like Luvin' Hut. The food was savory and rich. Hear of that place? Not too many around.

I'm in the Salt Lake City area and seriously looking for healthy, savory vegetarian food. No luck thus far.
simpleNfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 8:14 AM   #59
Established Member

@ simpleNfit

I never heard of Luvin Hut but I've been to a couple vegan food festivals over the summer. They were mostly pop ups but some of the food was really amazing.

Vegetarians can eat eggs and dairy and still be considered one. Vegans are the ones who don't do any animal by-products. We eat plant based only.

Do you have Whole Foods near you? They have vegan options at their soup bar and usually have some type of vegan pizza offered daily.
Old 30th September 2017, 9:49 AM   #60
Established Member

I found this guide put out by Whole Foods that seems informative for anyone who is interested, myself included.

Vegan Eating Guide | Whole Foods Market