LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Suicidial over being dateless

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2017, 6:15 PM   #46

btw saw someone post something about some pick up artist site yesterday on this thread it got deleted but I was wandering does that stuff actually work? Or does it just teach you how to act like a 20 something douche? Thought to be honest maybe that would be an upgrade. I mean at least they act confident and can be attractive which is better then me in a lot of ways. They can get laid without having to pay for it and such.... sorry just depressed and thinking.
someloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 11:38 PM   #47

I just wanted to tell everybody sorry for being such a whiner. I really don't mean too and honestly I don't like this side of me at all. I know I must come off as some complainer who isn't trying but I am. I'm in therapy right now and that's good, back on meds, slowing my drinking down and stopped with the x (though I didn't do x that much.) I just think with the holiday coming I got into my feeling a little bit and was venting. Honestly I don't even expect anyone to respond was just a depressed guy venting. I need to find a better outlet.
Old 11th February 2017, 11:43 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprotz View Post
I am in almost the exact situation, probably worse because I'm mixed race, except I'm 34. and I thought I was alone. I consider myself a genetic defect, a mistake of nature that must exit the universe.
Sorry I skipped your message was too busy with my self centered venting. Not cool on my part. I apologize. I can't say I understand what it is like to be of a mixed race. I'm sure that can lead to a lot of difficulties coming up similar to some I had. I don't think you're a genetic defect at all. This is going to be cheesy but I see it as a good thing proof that people are coming together and not growing apart. i can relate to the lonely feeling though. I must say though I always thought a lot of women liked mixed race guys.
Old 12th February 2017, 12:27 AM   #49

Sorry I keep posting so much. Just up and my mind is racing. But I decided to make another post on another section of the forum here I wanted to every one on this thread update in the direction of my sessions and well wow I got some thinking to do. basically one of the posters on this thread suggested I might may homosexual/bisexual. Well my doc stated that he thinks I might be bi/sexual and haven't come to terms with it and that might be the driving force to me pumping the brakes so much and not trying to overcome my shyness with women. I posted more about it in the gender forum (about why he thinks that and such.). Honestly I shouldn't even be getting that down with the holiday. Sounds like I need to put dating on halt for a min. And honestly I wasn't even that upset or offended by his suggestion. And that reaction is what really has me thinking more then anything.
Old 12th February 2017, 12:48 AM   #50

one more thing I apologize if I'm coming off as a troll. Just with all this stuff plus a few other things (I'm my dad's care taker, trying to fix the house, job/school search, and now sexuality issues for me to think about that goes waaay beyond what I thought my original problem was.) just had a lot on my mind and wanted to vent, and get some outside perspective. Thanks to everyone for taking the time and respond to this post btw. I know this isn't the easiest topic to respond too. I appreciate the advice that's been given. Think my new post in the gender/sexuality forum will be my primary focus though I'm still open to advice on this thread as well. I think I'm going to need all the advice I can get really. I'm going to try to lay down and let my mind drift off problems. (key word try.)
Old 12th February 2017, 3:19 PM   #51
Established Member

Post all you want. LS is a great outlet.

Glad you are back in therapy. Hang in there.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 7:28 PM   #52
Established Member

Gym it! Do aerobics. All these emotions we feel, its just all chemicals. Nothing more. weights and aerobics. Trust me.
Old 15th February 2017, 11:19 AM   #53
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by someloser View Post
Well my doc stated that he thinks I might be bi/sexual and haven't come to terms with it and that might be the driving force to me pumping the brakes so much and not trying to overcome my shyness with women.
Hi, someloser.

How are you making out with your self-examination on this? If you haven't, by now, felt any connection to what your doctor suggested (assuming, of course,
that you have given it your due consideration), then, likely that is not the root of your shyness around women.

Have you considered giving your Energies, attention and focus to other areas of interest, for a short period of time? To 'rest and digest' from the healing work and self-discovery you've already accomplished; and, to take your mind off of this pressure and struggle with shyness and with women...if only temporarily.

Possibly volunteering at your local veterinary clinic, or as a Big Brother, or getting involved in politics at the local level -- something that you get to do for you
that will bring about feelings of purpose and contribution.

Your inner strength and courage come through in your posts; you have plenty to share with others

In Love and Light.

Last edited by Ronni_W; 15th February 2017 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: correction
Ronni_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 6:56 AM   #54

I'm the same, maybe even worse. Looks like we are on the same page. I wonder what will become of us.
sprotz is offline   Reply With Quote