LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

What worked for you? Getting over abuse/gaslighting/cheating/lying etc.

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree477Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2017, 4:48 AM   #646
Established Member

Bf wanted to meet me so we could have talked. When I looked at him I felt nothing. Funny how my body and mind resisted him already after such a short time period. I cried my cries and now Im just happy to be back at home and relax and concentrate on my own stuff. I feel hopeful.
Fruitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 6:10 AM   #647
Established Member

Lately I have also been thinking about my future and my plan and all of the things I want to do. I have decided to apply for one job and I am hoping I could get it. Im scared of taking more responsibilities but I need to stop being afraid and stick to my plan. I need more experience. I need to finish my Masters. I need to pay off my student loan. Then I will apply for PhD. I also still wish to do management consulting and teach and write books. All of this men drama is hindering my process and taking me off track. So I will now continue my hard work and hopefully in next 5 years I will get the experience and job I need and I have paid off my loan and can continue on my plans next phase. I just need to concentrate and work hard and be discipline.
Old 15th November 2017, 12:37 AM   #648
Established Member

Sounds like a great plan. How's it going?
turnera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 12:45 AM   #649
Established Member

I talked to the hiring manager and came to conclusion that job wasnt for me. But Im applying for other places. Also I will graduate next month and in January I will apply for PhD.

I had a meeting with this one consultant and he told me 1. I try too much 2. Im too tense 3. My CV and my appearance (like who I am) doesnt match. So I need to scale my CV to my personality and relax. I need to stop trying so much. I give desperate vibe. So I decided to stop trying but Im doing. Maybe that is the magic recipe.
Old Yesterday, 9:11 PM   #650
Established Member

My advice: Apply for that PhD and then take a month off and go driving all over the country. Stop in towns you don't know, make small talk with strangers, go on hikes, take some chances...realize that life is more than career or money. Life is all about ENJOYING it.
turnera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 3:03 PM   #651
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnera View Post
My advice: Apply for that PhD and then take a month off and go driving all over the country. Stop in towns you don't know, make small talk with strangers, go on hikes, take some chances...realize that life is more than career or money. Life is all about ENJOYING it.
Thats pretty solid advice.