LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

How to do Christmas? Recently separated

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th December 2017, 1:25 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by What-2-Do View Post
I have my son the weekend before Christmas so I have him Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (X-Mas Eve) I've decided not to go to my STBXW's house X-Mas morning. I will do Christmas with my son on X-Mas eve and X-mas with my G/F.

I spoke with my son about this and he is fine with it. We can't pretend to still be a family when we're not. It just further complicates things for everyone. My g/f's biggest issue with our relationship is she is afraid she will never come first. She is right with regards that my son will always be first no matter what but I need to be able to split my time fairly so that everyone is happy.
When one has a child, the new partner has to understand that 9/10 the child comes first. If she can't grasp that then your R with her will not work. You two are a package deal.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote