How would you define this level of friendzone?

"I am not in love with you, but I want to spend my life with you, bake for you, and foster children with you, and I cannot imagine feeling this way for anyone else."

"I am not in love with you, but I want to spend my life with you, bake for you, and foster children with you, and I cannot imagine feeling this way for anyone else."

Sounds like he thinks you are mother material but he's not sexually attracted to you, but he thinks you'd make a great mother. Or, if you are a man: just change the gender and what I said is stil valid.

She wants to "foster" kids with you, meaning she doesn't want to have sex with you ever because she's not at all attracted to you in that way.

• Like 1
She wants to "foster" kids with you, meaning she doesn't want to have sex with you ever because she's not at all attracted to you in that way.

yep. Kinda like there are women who want their gay best friends sperm because he'd make a great dad or something.

Reading this, sounds like a lesbian/bi-sexual thing. Don't know much about lesbian relationships, exW had a few lesbian friends, things seemed a bit dramatic, don't know how they handled the 'in love' stuff or if hetero rules/customs for the friendzone apply.

My baseline is, for a sexual/intimate relationship, If I'm attracted and they're not, or vice-versa, it isn't going to work out. No sense in messing with it. Move on. I'm pushing 60 and still feel that way. I could never invest intimately in someone who didn't love me in that way, the sexual, oomph in the sheets way, because it would take a huge part of my psyche and stuff it in the insinkerator and deny me an expression of love. Next!

However, if you can live out your life in a sexless, but loving, friendship, cool, enjoy. Some people are wired that way. It's good to know how one is wired for intimacy.

• Like 1