Does this guy at work like me or what?

mysteriouschic

mysteriouschic

Ok so it's been a few weeks known this guy I feel there could be some attraction or something.

When I was introduced to him he shook me had saying his name both smiled etc showed me around the place normal in the warehouse . We were working together at the start working close together. It was easy to pick up what we had to do. He'd come up a lot ask how I was etc, how was getting on , and next day also and like did I wanna go on break at 12 is that ok in soft voice using my name after it all. There's other new but he didn't seem to check in on them as much

The other day this week were working on something getting stock I was holding the sheet we checking the items we were getting when he wanted to see the sheet I held the sheet up to him like up to him near my shoulder as he's tall with him standing right behind me close so he'd sort lean over closer to me while behind while reading the sheet he'd sort of stay there not step back did this quite a bit. I stand closer to him too leaning back he wouldn't move away. Later on asking around what time I wanted to go on break and few others as he was told to ask was normal. I told him whatever time. As I was leaving for break saw me getting my jacket. He came over asked if was going on my break just said yeah he said see you in 30 minutes. But he already knew thats where I was going . Also he loves saying my name don't notice him say others much today he came up to me saying Patricia turned away came back asked how to say my name is it Patrice or Patricia but he'd been saying it right all along for like 2 weeks then continued saying it today. I just thought that was weird him asking like he already knew it . Still stand super close almost touching neither moves. I feel some sort of attraction like he doesn't know what to say to me almost. I've observed him hes not this close standing etc which anyone else. How do I get to know him more? maybe try ask add him on fb or something

The answer is likely yes, he likes you. This is a shy lad who is holding back because of workplace professionalism and possibly because he is a shy guy in general. A lad who never got over being shy around ladies. I know some women are against asking guys out, but if you really want to know him, maybe spend lunch break with him someday to find out about him. I would at the same time take into consideration the possibility of the workplace getting more awkward, if your relationship goes wrong. As always there are consequences to workplace romance.

• Author
mysteriouschic
The answer is likely yes, he likes you. This is a shy lad who is holding back because of workplace professionalism and possibly because he is a shy guy in general. A lad who never got over being shy around ladies. I know some women are against asking guys out, but if you really want to know him, maybe spend lunch break with him someday to find out about him. I would at the same time take into consideration the possibility of the workplace getting more awkward, if your relationship goes wrong. As always there are consequences to workplace romance.

Is he not sure what to say to me making small talk? The name thing was odd as he knew it.

Yeah I could try asking what time his breaks at or something.

Was gonna try ask to add him on fb also

I don’t like that he isn’t very talkative. The easiest way to judge his interest level is by lunch break meetup. Careful about Facebook, your employer may be monitoring it.

• Author
mysteriouschic
I don’t like that he isn’t very talkative. The easiest way to judge his interest level is by lunch break meetup. Careful about Facebook, your employer may be monitoring it.

Well our work is actually pretty busy doing orders for online packing etc theres a lpt going on and hes in charge of some things there but we're same age 25 like. I'll have to try ask what time he takes it break .Thats if can take it at same time as him. Maybe I'll ask when hes taking his say I'll take it then or something. I say fb would be ok would be only adding him as friend. He talks when I talk to him I only talk a little also only making small talk. Maybe hes just attracted to me a bit lost for words.

Ask him out if you are interested. Men take a big risk asking a female colleague out because of potential sexual harassment charges. It is better if you come on heavy.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Ask him out if you are interested. Men take a big risk asking a female colleague out because of potential sexual harassment charges. It is better if you come on heavy.

Was gonna try get to know him more first does he seem interested?

Might try see i can take lunch at same time as him or talking to him when we're working together.

Get a lunch break together, talk to him more at work. see how it goes. Ask him to get together on the next lunch break.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Get a lunch break together, talk to him more at work. see how it goes. Ask him to get together on the next lunch break.

Would he find it weird he sort like mentor like above me but can take breaks whenever do I just ask him when he's going on lunch say I'll take it then? if he ask what time I'm going at when hes asking around to know what time people will be gone at .

You are overthinking it now. If you like his accent that's great. Men are simpler than you are portraying here. Just ask him - Hey mister, let me know when you are getting lunch next week. I would like to join you.

Easy as that. If he negotiates with you for a different day, that's just fine too.

• Author
mysteriouschic
You are overthinking it now. If you like his accent that's great. Men are simpler than you are portraying here. Just ask him - Hey mister, let me know when you are getting lunch next week. I would like to join you.

Easy as that. If he negotiates with you for a different day, that's just fine too.

I'll try that bit shy doing that also but if he is attracted maybe it'll work.

Is he likely to take me up on the offer? don't want to be rejected lol ir just say want to get to know him don't get to talk etc.

I feel atm he doesn't know what to say to me maybe why hes making the small talk? being busy no time

The reasons that you said are also possible reasons why he doesn't talk too much.

If I were you I would prefer to be rejected early rather than to be strung along with some emotional commitment, and then rejected down the road. If you are rejected early then the worst thing that can happen is that you are a little awkward with him at work. But your job will still be just fine. There's a reason we learned the nursery rhyme about sticks and stones may hurt our bones ;)

If this goes well, make sure to sort out if he is single and looking or actually married. You don't want this to become an affair. Also keep in the back of the mind how awkward it could become at work if a romance goes sour, so this is one of the consequences. If you are ok with having to deal with this, then go right ahead.

• Author
mysteriouschic
The reasons that you said are also possible reasons why he doesn't talk too much.

If I were you I would prefer to be rejected early rather than to be strung along with some emotional commitment, and then rejected down the road. If you are rejected early then the worst thing that can happen is that you are a little awkward with him at work. But your job will still be just fine. There's a reason we learned the nursery rhyme about sticks and stones may hurt our bones ;)

If this goes well, make sure to sort out if he is single and looking or actually married. You don't want this to become an affair. Also keep in the back of the mind how awkward it could become at work if a romance goes sour, so this is one of the consequences. If you are ok with having to deal with this, then go right ahead.

I found his facebook already hes definitely single no sign or picture of him with any girl.

Hopefully your right but I had a feeling it wasn't just in my head that he was attracted and how close we stand. Today also he showing me something on the computer he had his arm on the mouse already close I moved closer facing him then his arm accident hit my boob but was my fault cause I went close to him didn't realise were that close. I moved as couldn't leave his arm there . we still close after he never flinched or moved back .Atm we're like magnets I wouldn't rush anything with him get to know him more .

Don't see why he'd say no does it have to be as direct as that?

Can I just say what time are you taking lunch at I'll take it then , are you staying in or going out etc?

omg don't date coworkers.....He dumps you because some sweet new girl just started and hovers around her like he did with you....and you have to watch it.....everyday.

You can do it that way too.

Just remember:

1. You could be rejected up front. No hard feelings since you aren't committed to him yet.

2. This could go well. In that case great!

3. This could go south. You might be stuck with awkward encounters at work if you go your separate ways on bad terms.

4. He might not get you since you don't want to be direct. Try a more direct approach if you really want to.

• Author
mysteriouschic

Was gonna try add him on fb first also just see like if hes ok adding him there shows doesn't mind connecting .

• Author
mysteriouschic

Added him on facebook we don't have mutual but do know each other should be ok i hope . But hes not accepted yet been like 5 hours,

not sure would he see that as sign of interest ?

Now you are way overthinking it. Men don't read their facebook accounts every 30 minutes. He'll read your friend request when he gets to it.

If you want to know his level of interest that much, just give him your cellphone number next time you meet or ask him when his lunch break is like you said. He is holding back because of fear of workplace retaliation, and also because he doesn't want to risk an awkward workplace if things go sour. So just go ask him gently when he takes breaks, and go join his lunch hour.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Now you are way overthinking it. Men don't read their facebook accounts every 30 minutes. He'll read your friend request when he gets to it.

If you want to know his level of interest that much, just give him your cellphone number next time you meet or ask him when his lunch break is like you said. He is holding back because of fear of workplace retaliation, and also because he doesn't want to risk an awkward workplace if things go sour. So just go ask him gently when he takes breaks, and go join his lunch hour.

I'll try that hopefully he accepts I'll be more sure of things

• Author
mysteriouschic

Deleted the fb request cause he hadn't accepted yet wasn't sure if he'd seen it r not won't be awkward? or will just see how he acts around me now or just keep getting to know him more etc

• Author
mysteriouschic

Saw him today hadn't seen him since last week.

He acknowledged me when he saw said morning etc he doesn't really greet people much.

Spoke to him later on when he was working near me on something.

Asked him if any more orders etc was doing something I was like oh sorry then he said oh no it's alright or something. Asked how he was he just gooood nice way waited some minutes later to talk when he didn't seem as busy just asked how the orders work about , black friday , cyber monday how busy it'd get etc .. Was asking his schedule if was working the weekend then monday he said he was off mondays its his day off, I was just like you're probably glad to be off this cyber monday h said aw yeah so glad won't be in off.

Trying to break the ice when he wasnt too busy. Does he still seem ok? just the workplace environment?

Probably shy or a bit afraid of a workplace unprofessionalism citation. I would give him your number if you like him so much, and in the meantime offer to go out to lunch with him. He's not going to ask you out directly for fear of repercussions. It will probably be more comfortable for him to hear it from you.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Probably shy or a bit afraid of a workplace unprofessionalism citation. I would give him your number if you like him so much, and in the meantime offer to go out to lunch with him. He's not going to ask you out directly for fear of repercussions. It will probably be more comfortable for him to hear it from you.

Oh does he still come across shy but interested? do you think he likes when I talk to him?

Hes not really loudmouth in the workplace more chilled .

Would need to build more rapport before giving him my number wouldn't know how to go about that like heres my number if want to text . Weird work environment don't always have lunch hes like mentor team leader someimes told when to take it.