Does this guy at work like me or what?

mysteriouschic

• Author
mysteriouschic

Ok I know this guy a month from the moment I saw him I was attracted to him. There's been ways how are together or things he's done to give the feeling he might like or be attracted to me also as we work together. We stand really close to each other almost touching distance a lot of the time.

- He seems to sometimes go out of his way to make conversation but like small talk like he's maybe not sure what to say. 2 weeks straight knowing him he'd been saying my name correctly not complicated. One day he walked me said my name came back asked me how do I say my name is this or that which was weird as he knew walked away smiling. Often before I go on break he be like see soon , in while when you get back, in 30mins etc in soft voice he doesn't do this to anyone else.

Not sure if this was jealousy male coworker came help me with something then the guy came over ask him if he was ok didn't think anything of it until that same male coworker again was helping me 5mins later he went over again to him see if he was ok.

As I was leaving work the other day after saying bye to him before I left turned back look at him he was looking at me caught me. We don't talk a lot work can be busy but this week I started greeting him more when I see him each day usually he did at start. I said hiya he say like hi there or hi whatsup think he's noticed me making more effort.

Spent lunch after like month him , someone else was there but got to know him more. How his bro had horses for his job where he's from I asked about his accent told him it was nice. I mentioned seeing donkey in countryside he had one also was doing the sounds it makes saying was loud when anyone go near joking. Anyway felt like it went good spoke other things also. Is he attracted?

Yes he is likely attracted to you but holding off from doing too much romance at work because of professional boundaries and a female coworker accusing him of a violation of #metoo.

Well done on finally getting lunch with him. I thought you were just on the forum to think about thinking about the idea of probably getting lunch with him.

Just keep on pursuing him and take the dating outside the work area with the knowledge of the consequences that may come, if dating your coworker goes badly. Also please find out early if he is truly single or using this opportunity to have an affair.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Yes he is likely attracted to you but holding off from doing too much romance at work because of professional boundaries and a female coworker accusing him of a violation of #metoo.

Well done on finally getting lunch with him. I thought you were just on the forum to think about thinking about the idea of probably getting lunch with him.

Just keep on pursuing him and take the dating outside the work area with the knowledge of the consequences that may come, if dating your coworker goes badly. Also please find out early if he is truly single or using this opportunity to have an affair.

I didn't ask him for lunch happened to be on it same asked whether people had lunch etc and if I wanted to go now I stayed to finish something first. Didn't think he'd be staying in for lunch. He was still upstairs when I was on lunch took that as opportunity to get to know him. We we were all talking main focus was the guy talked food dislikes , the brothers work with horses and the guys donkey after I mentioned seeing one , his joking around about his donkey. I mentioned my dog showed him picture he asked about it . He was more relaxed . It was good time to mention his accent being nice there don't know if he'll take that as a compliment? did it sound like our conversation went well?

maybe it'll be easier to find out if hes going on lunch same time. At the end of the day as he was saying bye to everyone I was finding out if he be in next day he told he won't be in for few days. hes definitely single wouldn't try if he wasn't.

Your conversation went well.

Try for a proper date next. Just remember the consequences of dating a coworker if it goes badly. Don't endanger his career and don't allow any office politics/ infighting/ female vying for attention to unfairly accuse him of a #metoo violation.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Ask him out if you are interested. Men take a big risk asking a female colleague out because of potential sexual harassment charges. It is better if you come on heavy.

I still want to get to know him more see if I can get lunch at the same time as him again and then ask him casually wouldn't make it sound date like .

If he seems interested still have hunch he likes me.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Your conversation went well.

Try for a proper date next. Just remember the consequences of dating a coworker if it goes badly. Don't endanger his career and don't allow any office politics/ infighting/ female vying for attention to unfairly accuse him of a #metoo violation.

The place I'm in is pretty casual like warehouse/retail environment .

He seems like a quiet guy . I try get lunch with him again when hes asking around I'll ask when he's going or something if I know hes not taken it yet.

Don't want to rush make it dating too fast. The lunch with him last I saw him feel more confident about things.

Will he have noticed me paying him the compliment on his accent?

I said it like whats your accent it doesn't sound like here... it's nice .

• Author
mysteriouschic
Yes he heard your compliment about the accent.

Would that have given him good signals to liking him also? if hes not sure probably knows from the look lol .

Anyway I did make more effort to acknowledge him when I saw him .

Didn't always say Hi or whatever .Then was responding more positive next days I said it asking how I was seemed warmer . He must noticing me making that extra little effort.

But yeah suppose I'm in good place to ask him about lunch we know can talk no awkwardness wasn't one worded .

When I ask if hes gonna be in tomorrow often ask it at the end does he take that as being interested?

Yes that generally is a good signal you like a man.

If you ask if he is going to be in tomorrow at the end of your question, that's also a signal you like him.

Also, you can tell him explicitly, that you like him. :cool:

• Author
mysteriouschic
Yes that generally is a good signal you like a man.

If you ask if he is going to be in tomorrow at the end of your question, that's also a signal you like him.

Also, you can tell him explicitly, that you like him. :cool:

Oh really I didn't know asking if he'd be in does that does it show I want to see him?

I ask him that often bit even if I know the answer but last thursday I did told me more than I asked only asked if he was in tomorrow said no he won't be in for a few days the other times he's told me his days off.

He must know I like do you think I give him the right signals? probably last week anyway.

I'd love to say to him I like him wouldn't even know how to go about that like so yeah I like you .

• Author
mysteriouschic

Didn't get to spend lunch with him today but he waited went around the same time. He knew when I was going but he came up little later there was no space to sit I think he hoping we would I was going to ask him before lunch when he was going but chickened out at the last minute.

Still says my name alot. I asked him again if he would be in tomorrow.

When he was saying bye he just said "no my day off you won't until the day after so I'll see you then (name)" he said bye the others didn't say their name said many times today.

I ask him this a lot if he'll be in he must think I really want to see him ?

• Author
mysteriouschic
Yes agreed he wants to see you

He wanted to see me at lunch? Or see me the next day at work ?

Does he like me asking when I'll see him against ?

Won't get to have lunch with him tomorrow different schedule but will ask him anyway when he's checking what time for break knowing he's had it already the best just say maybe next time we can on same shifts

I don't know I wasn't there to witness it.

Being so careful about what time the date is, isn't going to get you any closer to a relationship. Pick a date and run with it.

What you just told me is the equivalent of me saying, oh I don't want to ride in your taxi, because there's a paint chip that fell off. Please don't be this coy and shy. It's not helping your position as much as you think it may be cute.

• Author
mysteriouschic
I don't know I wasn't there to witness it.

Being so careful about what time the date is, isn't going to get you any closer to a relationship. Pick a date and run with it.

What you just told me is the equivalent of me saying, oh I don't want to ride in your taxi, because there's a paint chip that fell off. Please don't be this coy and shy. It's not helping your position as much as you think it may be cute.

Oh it's too casual more direct like next time we can go at the same time when we're on the same shift

Is that better?

Just to spend lunch with him more before trying outside.

Go ahead and spend lunchtime with him and see how it goes. Low pressure no string attached. Step outside your comfort zone and be direct in the way that men are accustomed to.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Go ahead and spend lunchtime with him and see how it goes. Low pressure no string attached. Step outside your comfort zone and be direct in the way that men are accustomed to.

Yeah I'll see if he agrees and decides to come can't see why he won't as he tried to take around to same time the other day to probably talk again .

• Author
mysteriouschic

I might not see him again after next week as it's a temp job so likely won't be working with him. So need to move fast worth the risk now .

I'll probably say when he's asking around checking times at break.

When are you going on yours , we should go on lunch at the same time again like last week that was nice ?

Or

When are you going on yours let me know when you're going lunch we go at same time like last week .

Or could call him over when it's near lunch ask when are you going on lunch do you've want to take it at the same time like last week ?

Which sounds better ? Or both ok as long as I don't chicken out I won't this times planning on making the move

You have five days, you should slip him a note asking him out or tell him explicitly I want to see you in the local coffee shop, just you and I.

Success is the intersection of preparation and opportunity. Grab the opportunity like a bulldog.

• Author
mysteriouschic
You have five days, you should slip him a note asking him out or tell him explicitly I want to see you in the local coffee shop, just you and I.

Success is the intersection of preparation and opportunity. Grab the opportunity like a bulldog.

Would that not be too direct saying that? instead something like I'd love to get to know you more etc

The bottom line is if you expect men to read your mind you will always be disappointed, unless you train your man to read your mind the way you like. We are not built to do it well. Women can read women's minds but men cannot. This is one of the key, core, terrible reasons why women and men fail each other in the dating game.

What I propose to you is to step way outside your comfort zone and grab the bull by the horns. Ask him out in whatever fashion feels comfortable to you. Don't be indirect and coy, you will be less attractive when you behave like that. If you lose the opportunity you are the only one at fault for losing it.

• Author
mysteriouschic

His guy mates were all in today had a feeling he'd probably go with them . He'd already gone on break when he got back when he was checking what time for break I asked if he already went he said yeah we've already had our break I just said oh cool and he said can go whenever I want etc .

In the morning I said hiya (name ) to him usually don't say his name much seemed to notice was hi (name) , I asked how he was not using his name then he said same back how are you (name )

Maybe he liked me saying he is not name .

Would he have thought I wanted to go on break with him when I asked if he had his ?

Don't be indirect and coy, you will be less attractive when you behave like that.

everyone likes to hear the sound of their own name.

Do you actually want this guy or are you just here for the attention?

He said that we can go out whenever you want. That's as clear of a indicator of interest as any. Go for it, have a date.

• Author
mysteriouschic
Don't be indirect and coy, you will be less attractive when you behave like that.

everyone likes to hear the sound of their own name.

Do you actually want this guy or are you just here for the attention?

He said that we can go out whenever you want. That's as clear of a indicator of interest as any. Go for it, have a date.

I do definitely want the guy didn't go to plan today . He was saying could go on break whenever I want .

Anyway I only have one more day with him to do something.

Next plan is to in morning say hiya whatever to him maybe be like you won't see me after tomorrow do you want to come on lunch at the same time later ?

Even if don't say hello etc I'll call him over say it and ask

Is that a good plan ?