Job not as described..is it a bait and switch?

RecordProducer
And yes the other jobs I had were "real" I didnt know there were fake jobs.
It's just a commonly accepted slang term implying that you have a prospective job with a nice salary and all the benefits such as medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, retirement plan, life/injury insurance, bonuses, etc. For example, doing gigs or working temp or only for a commission would not be considered a "real job."

i was afraid ud say something like salary... whats the salary then and how many hours are u guessing that ur going to be working...
Maybe she doesn't want to reveal the info. :)

:rolleyes: you clearly want an easy life by the sounds of it. Since when is "can't" something positive? An opportunity to turn it into "can"? Or a "lets see if I can". Can't is only a restriction you enforce yourself. And you're limiting yourself big time.....you can't ride the "young and pretty" wave forever you know :cool:
Not everyone is equally ambitious and a goal-getter. Besides, her goals might be to work as a college professor and she just needs an easy job with a small salary to cover her education expenses. She is not yet in the job market. She also might be studying something that is totally not related to business administration and finances.
  • Author
It's just a commonly accepted slang term implying that you have a prospective job with a nice salary and all the benefits such as medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, retirement plan, life/injury insurance, bonuses, etc. For example, doing gigs or working temp or only for a commission would not be considered a "real job."

Maybe she doesn't want to reveal the info. :)

Not everyone is equally ambitious and a goal-getter. Besides, her goals might be to work as a college professor and she just needs an easy job with a small salary to cover her education expenses. She is not yet in the job market. She also might be studying something that is totally not related to business administration and finances.

THANK YOU for your response..you seem to get it. I actually slept on it and won't be returning. And yes my last job was a "Real job" at a law firm with great benefits etc. And long term considering I'm in grad school to become a teacher what this job would do for me in the long term is beyond me. And like you said I need a job just to cover my expenses until I start my career. I saw a good salary and a job description that I though would fit me.. I was stupid and believed this would be a clerical job like was described. Maybe I am a quitter but u know what I learned from my other job that my personal happiness is much more important. Hey I made a mistake and you live in learn but if I hate it now..I'll hate it even more down the road..I know myself and my abilites...No high salary is gonna make me happy if I dont like what I am doing.

• Author

I called my manager and left a message explaining how I felt and wouldnt be returning. His messege in return was oh im sorry and can u call me back and let me know how this job wasnt described properly and how i can explain this position to the next person bc i need it filled right away:rolleyes: I also got a call from hr asking me why i quit..ill probably call hr back later. I have 2 interviews already on monday just from sending out resumes last night so hopefully it works out for the best.

u should have got another job before quiting this one... jobs usualy get better after the first few weeks...why dont you substitue teach or something if teaching is what u like. why didnt u want to say the salary?

RecordProducer
I called my manager and left a message explaining how I felt and wouldnt be returning. His messege in return was oh im sorry and can u call me back and let me know how this job wasnt described properly and how i can explain this position to the next person bc i need it filled right away:rolleyes: I also got a call from hr asking me why i quit..ill probably call hr back later. I have 2 interviews already on monday just from sending out resumes last night so hopefully it works out for the best.
Work force is generally over-worked and under-paid. But in this case you were supposed to be over-stressed also.

u should have got another job before quiting this one... jobs usualy get better after the first few weeks...why dont you substitue teach or something if teaching is what u like. why didnt u want to say the salary?

KMT, it doesn't really matter. Look up clerical salaries and you'll know more or less. The wage is around $10-15 per hour for north-east coast.

• Author

Update..I called hr and she told me that my boss was really upset and surprised at what had happened and contacted her to get in touch with me to speak to me. He wanted to know if something happened while he was gone to cause me to quit. He thought I would have at least come in to speak to him about everything. She said this really is a great position and not to listen to anyone that was telling me what my job responsibilites were and not to burn bridges with my manager. She said that he even admitted that they should have changed my start date to this monday so he would be there. She said she would send him an email explaining how I felt and he would call me monday to talk things over. Guess they really want me back lol.

yes hilariouse, but what does that matter u dont like the job. If this was bait and switch theyre right about to get that hook into you. but in my opinion dont leave this job untill you have another one lined up you obviously need to be making money.