Marijuana Detox

ThumbingMyWay

I believe it depends on ones motabolism.

But in the talks I have had on this issue...

i would say anywhere from 14 days to 1 month. Personally, i would go with the 1 month. And drink lots of water everyday for that month.

as Blind Otter, i bet she would have some insight.

You mean like for a drug test? About 10 days for a very occasional, very light user (a few hits every couple of months or so), at least 30 days for a light user (like, just on weekends), and up to 90 days for a chronic, daily user. The THC or whatever is stored in your fat deposits, so it takes longer for traces to get out of your system than, say, cocaine, which only takes a few days.

If you mean for detoxing so you don't crave it anymore, it's not an addictive drug, so it's not a physical need and there really isn't physical withdrawal. It's more your head (mental desire to be high) and habit (it's what you always do after work/school) that you have to get over.

I'm assuming you mean for testing.....

Completely? Long time (think hair). But for blood and urine, I'd go with NJ's info.

• Author

Thanks y'all! I am trying out for firefighting at the end of the summer and I am a chronic user. I am not overweight, so hopefully my system will be clean in a few months. (In regards to the fat deposits).

I haven't smoked for three days and feel ok. Not all sleepy, lazy and hungry ;) I haven't had a terrible urge or craving yet.

Thanks y'all! I am trying out for firefighting at the end of the summer and I am a chronic user. I am not overweight, so hopefully my system will be clean in a few months. (In regards to the fat deposits).

I haven't smoked for three days and feel ok. Not all sleepy, lazy and hungry ;) I haven't had a terrible urge or craving yet.

Very cool! I think you should be more than fine by then. And good luck-BTW.

Just a precaution-don't watch Katt Williams. I quit too and watching his stand up always makes me want to smoke.;)

From what I was told and understand, about 30 days and your urine should be clean and about 90 days before your hair is clean.

• 2 weeks later...
From what I was told and understand, about 30 days and your urine should be clean and about 90 days before your hair is clean.

Hair tests may not always come up clean. There will always be traces in the hair. Being a man, it's easy to get rid of that problem. As a woman, who likes long hair, it's not so easy.

From what I read, Motor35, you should be well cleaned out before you tryout for firefighting. So you should have no worries.

There are however drinks that you can purchace at health food stores that will cleanse your entire body of illegal substances. My in-laws swear by them. These are only good if you do not take any other medication that you need to take on a daily basis, or it will strip them out of your system as well. These drinks cost over 20.00 a bottle.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I have a lot of experience with these kind of things, as I grew up with and know lots of drug users.

Good luck with the fire fighting!

DH

Well, I can give you all the advice I got when I was all worried about drug testing.

Marijuana can take up to 2 weeks or up to 3 months to get out of your system. It does depend on your body.

Drink alot of water... Meaning you need to drink about up to 64oz a day. Also, I would drink some cranberry juice. I know that it might not be too effective but if it can help UTI then it should help this problem, it is used to help clean out your system.

Also, at GNC they sell that detox stuff. It does help.

Or

You can do Gold n seal. Now, I heard that you better plan on being home most of the day if you do that. The only thing about this is if you use this like a few days before the test it will show up on there. They will ask you why are you using gold n seal. Then you might want to say that you have no health insurance and was feeling sick or something.

You know, you can buy those in home drug tests from local drug stores... and they are 99 % effective. If you get a positive, you mail the other half of the split sample to their lab and the secondary test will confirm or refute the litmus test.

portableversion

uh heem.. this is the original portableversion

Dude found a great site http://www.marijuana.com click around... its i bit like loveshack but its all about the sweet green. They have all kinds of people passing hair and urine test. the ones about passsing the hair test is hilarious.. people wash their hair with octane booster and what not. sounds like people have really come up with stuff that works. for hair they refer to it as the macujo method 1 wash hair with vinegar let soak for 5-10 mins

2. with vinegar in hair pour on clean and clear astringent let soak another 5-10mins.

3. do a final washing with liquid or powdered tide(keep eyes closed!!!!)

many others also would also get nexus aloe rid or paul mitchell 3 found at beauty salons and use this as an additional rinse

this is not a guarantee for some it worked others it failed

for the pee test the other posters were on the money 30days is a good average but the more body fat you have the longer it takes but you could gather some dog piss or a clean friend's place in condom hide it in pants and prick it with a safety pin.... had a buddy who did this, he took a friends piss put it in the condom and wore briefs and long johns to hold it firmly under his nutsack and butt crack(this insures proper body temp) pricked it with the safety pin and passed with flying colors everytime

abstinenance is the best sure fire way to pass though