Does age matter?

Raven

I am 27 but look like I am no older than 18 (I’ve been approached and asked to model on “Barely Legal” sites… which I declined). When I look in the mirror it’s completely unreal to me that I’m 27. I think I was lied to about my age. I don’t act my age either.

Anyway, I’ve had anywhere from 16 to 20 year olds hitting on me and once they find out how old I am they are in utter shock. I always win at the “guess your age” game at carnivals.

I’m not one of those people that are attracted to really young looking people. Meaning, I’m not a perv. However I usually date guys about 3-4 years younger… but no one would ever know that there was that age difference. I dated a guy my age once and at a dinner table someone hollered statutory rape. Very embarrassing as he was only a few days older than I.

With all that being said here’s my question. I met a guy recently. Nothing has happened between us sexually. He looked no younger than 23. He’s a big guy; he’s very mature, well educated. We have tons in common and so far he seems great. My close friends and even my sister are encouraging him and I to hook up (They knew how old he was, and did not tell me. One person actually told him to lie to me about his age). So, all is going great and I decided to ask his age… Turns out he’s ONLY 18. Ok… so if we dated no one would know that there was an age difference. But on the other hand he’s got a lot of life to live and experience. I mean he still needs to go through the whole just turned 21-phase… party hardy. Right?

Don’t get me wrong, I know that he’s not the only person around. This is not out of desperation and I had no clue how young he is… there is a 9 year age gap OUCH! I know if we were in our 30s or whatever this would not be an issue… Any suggestions?

Like I said above, I’m not a perv. I’ve not done anything with this guy other than hang out and talk. Is this too young?

I'm usually not one for telling people age makes a big difference and in most cases it doesn't but in yours I believe it does. No matter how mature he seems right now, he's still just a baby and has a lot of growing and maturing to do.

Furthermore, you will soon more than likely be in the frame of mind for a permanent relationship while he will still be cutting his teeth on life...maybe for another ten years.

You can have fun with the guy, go out, do things, be friends, etc. but if I were you I wouldn't consider anything serious because if you get emotionally attached to him you will find yourself eventualy being very hurt.

Could be that some mothering instincts enter into this picture as well. Maybe it would be an interesting undertaking to teach this guy a few things about love and life. But let him learn these in the traditional ways from people closer to his age.

Always celebrate the fact that you look young. This genetic blessing will serve you well for many years, hopefully. Your best bet is to ask guys how old they are right off the bat and let them know your age. I'd say the youngest you ought to consider seeing would be 24 or, even better 25. If you really want to play your cards right, more mature men in their late 20's and early 30's will likely be your best match.

Don't date youngsters, even if you look good together. They just don't have the life experience and other things inside themselves that are required to take a relationship to where a 27 year old woman would want it to go.

But I've never been the older one. I was the younger one, and it just wasn't right. 15 years a part. I guess everyone is different, but I personally would never do that again. And I've had the chance to date someone younger...and I really wouldn't go for that either, bc at that age around 19 and 20, they have some growing up to do. Hell, ALL men have growing up to do, even the 39 year old LOL

OK pardon me, I think I"m just going cross eyed from reading these 161 posts since I've been away.