Second thoughts....

coco_milkshake

I am seeking counselling behind my family's back and I am building myself up to leave home

You are a smart person Coco.. Brave would be a better word.

LS being your sanctuary means you can come in and kick back and put your feet up on the table to relax..

That is what I do....Well... That and eat Dove Dark Chocolate all day...

EricOnTheWeb
Hey Eric,

I agree that LS isnt the answer. This is my sanctuary and the place I feel comfortable in knowing that I am not the only person who is in a bad place.

I am very sorry that you have had a bad experience and I sincerely hope things are improving for you. I am seeking counselling behind my family's back and I am building myself up to leave home as its my family who are the ones responsible for the state that I am in at the moment.

I take it that you have not found anyone to help you yet,but yes seek counselling(Spelling)? lol... People tried telling me the same and I didn't believe them....I am a believer now and it DOES help...You can tell them ANYTHING and they will not judge you. I have improved since getting help,because before I didn't know what the feelings I had were,and I let it eat me up. Councelling will show you and help you understand these feelings and work on coping with them.

You're extremley young! and you have LOTS of time to figure yourself out and for relationships... Maybe even get your family to understand you... Don't go through another episode like you just had here...I've been there once and I was afraid that the next time would be the last time(know what I mean?) Yes you're doing the right thing...get councelling asap:)

• Author
coco_milkshake
I take it that you have not found anyone to help you yet,but yes seek counselling(Spelling)? lol... People tried telling me the same and I didn't believe them....I am a believer now and it DOES help...You can tell them ANYTHING and they will not judge you. I have improved since getting help,because before I didn't know what the feelings I had were,and I let it eat me up. Councelling will show you and help you understand these feelings and work on coping with them.

You're extremley young! and you have LOTS of time to figure yourself out and for relationships... Maybe even get your family to understand you... Don't go through another episode like you just had here...I've been there once and I was afraid that the next time would be the last time(know what I mean?) Yes you're doing the right thing...get councelling asap:)

I have tried to explain to my family and they turned it around on me saying that its my fault I got myself into that in the first place and my fault that they are treating me badly. They held me accountable for ruining their lives just cos I had a bf at the time and my culture forbids it. There is no middle ground as far as they are concerned.

I am doing my best and I have found that laughing is the best medicine. No matter if things get very bad, my sense of humour will never die. Thats what keeps me sane.

Good luck to you on your road to recovery Eric. We can do this! :)

EricOnTheWeb
I have tried to explain to my family and they turned it around on me saying that its my fault I got myself into that in the first place and my fault that they are treating me badly. They held me accountable for ruining their lives just cos I had a bf at the time and my culture forbids it. There is no middle ground as far as they are concerned.

I am doing my best and I have found that laughing is the best medicine. No matter if things get very bad, my sense of humour will never die. Thats what keeps me sane.

Good luck to you on your road to recovery Eric. We can do this! :)

You have to take care of your immediate threat first,which is the cutting yourself,that is serious and needs attention soon. Talk to someone else cause obviously your family won't listen to you,and thats the best thing you can do. I don't understand the forbidding culture and all that(I'm a white boy from NY) LOL,so I guess you dislike your culture?..

I'm lucky in that respect because I have a loving family that willlet me do whatever I want and they will listen...I feel bad for you in that respect and like you said...YES! we can make it!

I'm off for the day...be good...

(Eric)

Hi Coco-

I just read this whole thread and I am not sure what to say because I have never been in your situation. But I just wanted to say that you seem like you are doing better now than you were at the beginning. The fact that you can restrain yourself from cutting is an amazing step! Keep focusing on school and try not to think about all of the bad, although I can see how that is hard. Hopefully you will be able to get out of your family situation soon, don't chicken out, go through with your escape plan! Until then keep doing what you are doing to make it somewhat bearable.

Oh and if that is you in your avatar you are gorgeous!

~SG

• Author
coco_milkshake

Thanks ShoeGirl, I am trying my best to cope with the situation and you are right when you say I am handling it a lot better than before.

Thanks for the compliment about my avatar. Much appreciated. :love::bunny: