my boyfriend is 12 yrs younger than me

trulycute

burning 4 revenge
trulycute...my current BF is 26 and I am almost 31 (I also have 3 children - thats right three - 13, 10 and 8). We have been together just over a year and our relationship has only gotten better and stronger. I realize that your age difference is greater but really...who cares...if you're happy and he's happy then don't let anyone else interfere.

Initially I let the age difference thing become an issue for us but then I decided why bother?? This man makes me happier and more alive than any other relationship ever - including a 10 year marraige.

No matter what the outcome I will be better for have experienced this and I would never trade that for the world.

Good luck!!

I don't understand why people classify five years as an age difference. You can't only limit yourself to people within a few months of your birthday. Five years is nothing.
I don't understand why people classify five years as an age difference. You can't only limit yourself to people within a few months of your birthday. Five years is nothing.

I think I considered it an age difference because while it is only five years we were at completely different stages in our lives - I mean he was still living at home and had never been in a long term relationship when we met while I was divorced after having been married for ten years and was the mother to three pre-teen children.

It wont last, give it a year then write back..... Men like older women for sex. Sometimes the sex confuses things, and they think they want more than sex. But they dont. Let him have his fun with you, and enjoy it. But realistically dont get too involved.

i am dating a man that is 12 yrs younger than me..(i'm 36, he's 24).....he is an old 24, an old soul you could call him....i'm a young 36 and do not look my age....we have a lot in common and like a lot of the same things...

he's very stable with his place and a good fulltime job and is unversity educated....we have a lot of fun together and talk for hours on end about everything and anything....we enjoy quiet moments and share great pleasure in upcoming times together....

this is also a long distance relationship (we live 50 minutes apart)...he treats me like gold, calls everyday and texts, tells me i'm beautiful and always goes out of his way for me....i've never been happier...he is everything that i look for in a man and more....i have yet to even analyze anything about the relationship....

and yes the sex is fanastic, we waited a month before we were intimate, we even fell in love with each other before the sexual part happenned.....i love him dearly and i know he loves me too....

we both want the same things in life and i would marry him tomorrow if he asked me....i feel like i have finally found what i've been searching for and can now stop looking around the corner and i know he feels the same way....

so my question is.......what are peoples opinions on older women and younger men having a relationship?....

I go by a 9 year rule and the guys must be at least 28.

If your boyfriend were at least 28/29 he would look older, know what he wants and be a good bet. 12 years is more than a decade and under 25 is too young.

Im a chick who is married to a guy 7.5 years younger for 10 years.

Its just enough simlilar in age to be fine.

No one notices our age difference, but Im sure they would if I tacked on another 4 or 5

I think I considered it an age difference because while it is only five years we were at completely different stages in our lives - I mean he was still living at home and had never been in a long term relationship when we met while I was divorced after having been married for ten years and was the mother to three pre-teen children.

Hey Precious99, You've kind of touched on something and have said something I've been trying to say. I agree with what you said, although my situation is a little different as it relates to age differences. But what you said is correct in the reverse as well. What I'm trying to say is that sometimes, age differences of even ten years or more mean less than an age difference of five years, as it relates to your situation. As an example is me...

I'm a 35-year-old guy. I am not married. I've never been anywhere near being married in my entire life. And most importantly, I don't have kids. And even at my age, I'm not in any real hurry to marry, much less have kids. I figure I've got at least a few years to marry -- and the next 15 years to have kids should I ever decide to do so.

This kind of puts me at odds with women my age. Most of the few single women my age, in fact even most women that are 6 or 7 years younger than me, are divorced with kids. Those that are not divorced with a child or two are feeling that their "biological clock is ticking" and are in a rush to get married and settled down.

With this being the situation, as a 35 year-old guy, I tend to identify and feel more comfortable around women who are 20 to 24 years old, sometime even a little younger. They're also single, never married and usually have never been anywhere near being married. Additionally, I've decided to quit my job and have decided to return to college and pursue my degree. I just tend to identify with them a little more.

Although I feel I'm just as mature as any other guy my age, maybe more, I'm still at a different phase of my life that most women my age. It's just kind of "the nature of the beast." Not that I'm complaining. The only part I'd complain about is the judgemental people who like to make comments like "cradle robber" and the like. I realize that most of that is just simply jealousy though.